Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Quality Of Life Suggestions

Vezpers

Quality of Life Suggestions

1. The amount of forma spent on a frame/weapon, it would be nice if this was displayed on the arsenal screen. I.E. I have expended two forma on my frame, when I equip that frame on the arsenal screen, it should have two stars (or two little forma icons, or whatever you fine folks would prefer) displayed by its name, or somewhere else on the load out screen. In addition, perhaps these stars/icons should be displayed in the equipment screen for weapons/frames. This would allow me to remember where all my forma went. :)

2. This one is a long shot, but I thought perhaps there is a better way to handle extractors. This would seem to require an entire re-work of the system, but it is still doable. Instead of sending out your extractors for random elements, perhaps we could send them out for specific ones. When you select the specific element/resource, a predetermined time is displayed, and acceptance sends your extractor out to get that resource for that time. Rare resources would have a much longer time commitment and perhaps a higher chance of damage/destruction of the extractor. Distilling/Prime extractors could have reduced time/more health/less chance of damage, one or all of those. This would (in my opinion anyway) be much better than the sometimes annoying and seemingly impossible task of getting rare resources from extractors now.

[NOTE: I am fully aware that some people have excellent luck with extractors, and that my inability (over the last 364 deployments) to receive any rare resources is a perceptual lack and statistically insignificant in the terms of sample pools]

3. It would be nice if the collapsed Mod cards in the Mod collection had a very short summary of what kind of card they are, most especially for new people. Such as Steel Fiber having a sub heading that says something along the lines of “Increases Warframe Armor” See Below for example.

33w9pfp.jpg

4. Please allow us to dispose of unused/unusable navigation segments; they’re cluttering up my inventory like crazy. This seems to be a small thing, but it still annoys me quite egregiously when I’m digging through my inventory.

Thank you for taking the time and attention to view this, assuming of course that you do :P, and for making one of the finest examples of a game (not to mention a F2P one) that I have played in a very  long time.

Edited by Vezpers

1. The stars thing is already done, when you're installing mods. Look next to the name. One star per forma.

2. I find the point of extractors is to gather spare materials, not "material you really want". If you actually want something, you actively play in the area. You'll get plenty.

3. Earnestly, it would probably be better if we could see the pictures on them. Once you see a picture clearly, you can tell what it is/does, and you remember it. The fact we haven't been able to see the pics on cards since u14 dropped has been a detriment to this. After all, if you can see the picture, reading the description once is all you need. Kind of like how faces work--you can remember a TON about someone just by seeing their face. Hence yearbooks.

4. Never actually noticed this. Not sure what to tell you, but I imagine your inventory is still very small. Inventory overall ends up very cluttered and confusing after a while. I imagine merely having a better system for it would fix most of the issue.

1. The stars thing is already done, when you're installing mods. Look next to the name. One star per forma.

2. I find the point of extractors is to gather spare materials, not "material you really want". If you actually want something, you actively play in the area. You'll get plenty.

3. Earnestly, it would probably be better if we could see the pictures on them. Once you see a picture clearly, you can tell what it is/does, and you remember it. The fact we haven't been able to see the pics on cards since u14 dropped has been a detriment to this. After all, if you can see the picture, reading the description once is all you need. Kind of like how faces work--you can remember a TON about someone just by seeing their face. Hence yearbooks.

4. Never actually noticed this. Not sure what to tell you, but I imagine your inventory is still very small. Inventory overall ends up very cluttered and confusing after a while. I imagine merely having a better system for it would fix most of the issue.

Huh, totally missed the stars above the name there, thank you for pointing that out, I appreciate it. Though I would still like them on the arsenal equipment screen :)

You are correct, as it currently stands, extractors are exponentially more useful as tools to acquire an inventory of materials against future use; I simply would like this not to be the case. The previously mentioned method would remove some small amount of "grindy-ness", which is never a bad thing in my opinion.

As to the mods, pictures are good, some people have better recall based off of pictures. Some people have more accurate recall through phrases, either read or heard; statistically the best recall mnemonic is smell. *Shrug* But if they're not going to institute pictures again, I wouldn't mind a short little phrase reminding me what the mods do.

True my inventory isn't too large as to quantity as of yet, having only forty entries or so, I suppose the fact that the navigation segments are there, and serve no purpose, is what truly annoys me. I simply would like the ability to remove them :)

Edited by Vezpers

These suggestion all seems nice, and i would probably begin using my extractor again.

In addition it could be nice with a navigation panel while at any given station, so that navigating around the ship would just be a single click instead of having to exit said station in order to get to a new one (both walking to it or using the escape menu).

1. I'd definitely like stars/forma-signs on the arsenal screen.  There's no way currently to tell if a frame is forma'd without equipping it and going to the upgrade screen.  

2. I'd also like this extractor change, if only because the way drops are handled in RNG terms is pretty absurd.  I would be for this even if it had a 12-24 hour turnaround.

I think it's ultimately negative to have older players going back to repeatedly run Alad V for sensors or Ruk for cells, because you KNOW they're only interested in running the boss as quickly as possible.  This creates a diminished experience for newer players fighting that boss who are left to face a massively over-levelled boss they can't damage, or often: a game they don't actually get to play since the speed running farmer will kill the boss and get to extraction with them trailing behind.

3. We don't have this on consoles yet... though the usability seems to have taken a hit.

4. On the note of the aforementioned farming actually... I have tons of navigation segments cluttering my inventory, mixed in with things that I actually care to see.  Make them sellable like beacons or some such... easy solution, not a huge economic impact at 500-1000 credits a pop.