Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origins Of The Tenno Movie?

ArcKing

How would you all feel about DE making a film or small series about the origins of the Tenno. Like where they came from, how they got started, how they were structured, what led to their cryostasis, their links with the Orokin technology, stuff like that. Because I tried finding lore on them but I only saw fan speculation about how the Tenno were somehow linked to Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector bu I don't see much connection beyond that.

DE, if you do a Tenno Origins movie or anything like that, I'd be glad to help in whatever ways I can. And I'm sure a lot of your fans would like to help as well. Assuming you decide to do it

This is the second post about a Warframe Movie I've seen in 24 hours, and while I would TOTALLY see it (IF AND ONLY IF IT WAS MADE BY DE), there is a large possibility that it would flop because of the whole Silent Protagonist thing. The only dialogue would be from Lotus, Ordis (maybe) and Stalker (again maybe). We wouldn't have any bosses with the possible exception of Lephanits because none of them existed yet. 

This is the second post about a Warframe Movie I've seen in 24 hours, and while I would TOTALLY see it (IF AND ONLY IF IT WAS MADE BY DE), there is a large possibility that it would flop because of the whole Silent Protagonist thing. The only dialogue would be from Lotus, Ordis (maybe) and Stalker (again maybe). We wouldn't have any bosses with the possible exception of Lephanits because none of them existed yet. 

There's ways to do it. No one said it had to be the Tenno we play as today :D

I would give it a 90% chance of not being that great because movies based off games or other types or media rarely meet expectations or try far too hard to meet those expectations.

I also like the lore being hit and miss and the speculation around it like it is now. I feel if we knew the entire history of the Tenno it would take a huge portion of the games character away.

Like Ive said, I actually have a story for a movie/series based on who lotus is, where she came from, and why she helps the tenno. Its definitely a possibility for a good movie from warframe but it would have to be done by a not S#&$ty director and writer.

This is the second post about a Warframe Movie I've seen in 24 hours, and while I would TOTALLY see it (IF AND ONLY IF IT WAS MADE BY DE), there is a large possibility that it would flop because of the whole Silent Protagonist thing. 

wouldnt be a problem if you have good supporting cast, the main char doesnt have to talk if you do it with other char that can fill that void. The Tennos expression would have to be all physical, body language would be VERY important to giving the audience emotional attachment to the char. There would also need to be a moment that really humanizes them and makes you see that even with all that power, they are people and can bleed/die just like you.

Edited by Echoa

If and only if it was animated, there's no way they could pull off live action without it being cheesy. If it came in like 3D animated for, or cartoons, anime, or whatever have you, some sort of medium like that, then I could see it being a huge hit. And if I was to pick a studio to animate it I would go with those guys and gals that did Avatar - The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra. That would be a huge boon for DE me thinks, imagine being a fan of a show like that and finding out there's already a game about it. If they could make it happen I would feature it on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim, I think it would be too mature for Nicolodeon or something like that... I dunno how they would go about doing any of that or whom thy would have to call and the meetings they would have to go through to launch something like this, but it would be so DOPE!

How would you all feel about DE making a film or small series about the origins of the Tenno. Like where they came from, how they got started, how they were structured, what led to their cryostasis, their links with the Orokin technology, stuff like that. Because I tried finding lore on them but I only saw fan speculation about how the Tenno were somehow linked to Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector bu I don't see much connection beyond that.

DE, if you do a Tenno Origins movie or anything like that, I'd be glad to help in whatever ways I can. And I'm sure a lot of your fans would like to help as well. Assuming you decide to do it

I would like for Warframe to be finished before a single cent of my money goes toward anything else... But in the future, most certainly!

I want a Grineer Opera.

with vay hek Singing

#TEnooooOOOOO#

*whimsical violin*

#DID you ReEEEAAaaaally BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

it would ........this easy#

*epic orchestra finish*

Edited by Deidaku

Could be an origins story ... during the reign of the Orokin, when Tenno were more human

That would allow dialogue

Could even do a prequel about the Orokin or the Sentients 

Just enough to wet the taste of the audience for a serial

But I agree that this should be a DE project

Edited by ElHefe

Could be an origins story ... during the reign of the Orokin, when Tenno were more human

That would allow dialogue

Could even do a prequel about the Orokin or the Sentients 

Just enough to wet the taste of the audience for a serial

If they were to make a movie I'd prefer it to be in the "present" era, with colonists/Corpus/Grineer as the main characters.

@ vaugahn ... I appreciate the value in keeping us guessing about the Tenno

Side stories could be a vehicle for keeping things interesting but keeping some things under wraps; however, it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more to go on about the Orokin, The Void and the Sentients

Edited by ElHefe

the "frame" of one movie is not enough ... never ...

i suggest a series, and it has to be more then good, and then we are more then in big big big work

the basement is TENNO moved into the fantasy behind the game :-)

this would be more then lots of big hard work ...

Edited by 7ENN0