Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, Now That Alerts Have Destroyed The Market...

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

I think that all of us that really prefer to earn their own Platinum would like to ask DE the following: Next time there is a back to school special, can we stick to rewards that are not tradable? While I'm not one of those scalpers that would ask for 150P for Bite, I am still frustrated that it goes for the same as Sundering Weave.

Because there is such a high supply of the most rare mods, we cant get enough platinum for them to justify the cost to manufacture them. Its effected everything else negatively as well. I cant get rid of Mag Prime Systems, or Frost Prime BPs for a price that is justified by the cost to manufacture them, because everybody knows "Its not as rare as Bite, and Bite only goes for 10-15P".

Thanks, DE, for rendering so much of our farming and hard work as useless. Now I have to farm up to four Bites to get enough platinum to buy a three day booster.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

I know your pain man, suddenly everyone in the market made the decision that prices should be low as hell since Bite, Dervish, Talon etc only sell for less than 20p (seriously less than 20 for these mods) but I'm not upset by the drop of value on Talon and all, more so I'm upset over how the entire market is like in some sort of recession and they only things left tradable are kubrow prints and event mod sets.

So where does that leave the guys who put in hours of work to find a couple rare mods to sell so they can purchase exclusive gear you can only get with plat. I mean I can't even sell Bleeding Willow for less than 10p now. That's ridiculous considering at its peak Bleeding Willow sold for 20p min and 35p max. Anyone who has contacted me interested in buying my mods or gear, they throw out awful prices and when I catch them on it, they want to cry about that fact that since Crimson Dervish is only worth 25p now,my mods should be all worth less than 15p even for maxed rare ones.

If this is how the market is gonna be so be it. I refuse to be a part of it. And with 14.5 coming, that means players will be breaking their necks to sell the event ice mods for somewhere around 100+ plat.

My advice to you my friend is to ignore the trade market for now. Demand changes weekly there based on what's available to players. I guarantee at some point, prices will fluctuate back into pur favor. Sit on your rare gear another month or so, and sit on the ice mods for even longer. As time progress their prices will rise.

The problem there, is that the supply will only grow. At this point, the cost to manufacture wont matter, because people have it stuck in their heads that its everywhere. The only thing that's still worth something are Arcane Helmets, and really only the Vanguard. I'm waiting on selling mine for about a year, once I know that everybody is done selling them. At that point, I'll get a good price off of it.

It's like Lex Luthors father said about land, "It's the only thing they can't make any more of", and its the same with the Arcanes.

Glad I stocked up on them before the change.

The game is not large enough in terms of trade goods for prices to fluctuate. Until resources are available to the market, it only makes sense to rely on new release items when demand is highest. Almost all weapons and gear are not limitedly available, nor are they consumables - which means the supply always increases and the demand becomes nonexistent if not solely based on first-time buyers.

IMO, the devs would not want a market where purchasing Platinum becomes the lesser alternative. It will always be easier and more appealing to simply buy Platinum than wait for the next update and gamble with artificial spikes. The alerts did not "destroy the market" given that the market is almost entirely based on the rarity and release date of an item rather than practical value and genuine demand from the whole community.

Edited by (PS4)Void_Girl

The main issue youre skipping over is that PS4 is still new, and people are buying it every day. We have a constant influx of new customers. Newer items doesnt mean much. It takes a while to learn the game, and it takes longer to farm everything. Because of that, there is (was) a market for selling goods. Yeah, I get that the supply is increasing, while the demand is lessening. This wasnt so for items like Bite, Crimson Dervish, Tranquil Cleave, and others that came out this week. I farmed for TC for three weeks with a Nekros, following every lead that I have, before finally throwing in the towel and looking to the market.

You also need to understand that this doesnt hurt DE at all. It helps them tremendously, while damaging the players. Platinum can buy much more, now that the going rates have dropped, and since it goes so much further, it makes sense to just buy plat, instead of farming for items to sell. They have destroyed the market, hands down.

This is when many players who relied on trading as a plat resource are going to throw in the towel since pretty much nothing we have of value is "valuable" anymore. I just got done farming Malicious Raptor and even that has gone down demand wise.

No point in me holding onto prime gear as that now is apparently worth less than 30 for almost any part or set. It makes your only two options:

A) Farm tons of gear and sell them off at 5 platinum minimum.

B) Buy platinum with money.

And if you think about it what is even a possible solution to this if need be? That's a big question, how do you fix something that was built upon players trading rare finds and items for profit or equal value trade? IMO I don't see a solution because "rarity" was taken out of the idea of the market through these events.

I loved the alerts and the rewards, but its just how they negatively impacted the value of everything else. I think we need a new way to earn platinum in game, hell even if that means doubling pricing of items to balance the flow of platinum accumulation, then by all means do it. I'll take that over the Neanderthal-like trade system

I agree. I loved the alerts and rewards. Still, as I stated in the OP, it would be great if they stuck to items that cannot be traded.

Cosmetics or resources or potatoes (yeah I know they gave on out, I'm just generally speaking) Or maybe some kind of exclusive "Back to School" Syandana or Badge or something silly.

I do appreciate one thing from this. How desperate some players have become to trade Cleave, Talon or Dervish or Bite for some other senseless mod. I'll happily collect unwanted stances and such :3 just more for me to sit on with the faint hope they will go a little up in demand months from now, but I doubt it.

Currently holding 10 Gleaming Talons, 23 Tranquil Cleaves and 17 Crimson Dervish's and 5 Bites

I'm not hoarding I swear. I'm just the desperate man's rare mod junk collector :)

I vote you just buy the super rare mods for 20p then when people want em again waaaay later you bank out

I only assume that "waaaay" means 6 months+ ? That would seem like a fair amount of time for new updates to release, and the hype be forgotten then maybe these mods get their value back. Not full value but some.

But hey still better than nothing

I think the problem is you are trying to sell now when only handfull of people missed the specific day (being Bite or Crimson), i had some farmed and i also did the alerts, the crimson that i didnt sell prior to the event news are in my inventory since its waste try to sell now (most of the ones that buy now are traders to sell later).

Sure that the price will never be the same, but 10p or 20p for crimson is just frustrating if we look at time vs drop to get 1, so i think Vaugahn is completly right, time to dedicate to others things, we have a big update coming and at later time, sell those mods, at least to compensate the effort.

It's actually completely illogical for this to affect the economy, like, at all. Simply put, event mods go for HUNDREDS of platinum, despite everyone obtaining them.

While admittedly THESE mods can be obtained more than once, most people will probably only see the one they got from the alerts, meaning they should probably remain as high-priced.

The fact that they don't is just dumb.

It's actually completely illogical for this to affect the economy, like, at all. Simply put, event mods go for HUNDREDS of platinum, despite everyone obtaining them.

While admittedly THESE mods can be obtained more than once, most people will probably only see the one they got from the alerts, meaning they should probably remain as high-priced.

The fact that they don't is just dumb.

A few key differences though.

1. unlike the event mods, these mods have no real reason to own more than one besides selling others. (Event mods have sentinel weapons)

2. as you touched on yourself, there's no particular exclusivity to these mods.

3. These mods have significantly less that they're useful on than the event mods (gate crash aside)

4. The peak price of these mods is substantially lower than the event mods.

That said, the fact it's affecting the value of other things is just stupid. People are dumb.

Edited by Tails-san