Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitality Mod Unranked - Not Giving Proper Hp?

Macdermott

Question

14 answers to this question

I always knew it was "base health" but I didn't know it was "base unranked" - I assumed the amount of health he had at any given level with no mods was his "base health".

I wonder if this question comes up often enough to justify adding some wording to the mod description?

It's always gonna confuse people, because the mods are described rather poorly (not enough space) ...

...or simple because it doesn't make too much sense that your mods use your rank 0 stats when they should be using your current rank's base stats (as in, before any mods are applied), similar as to how MMORPGs give you bonuses based on your current maximum health/mana/stamina/strength/etc (calculating your items' stats in before applying those juicy +30% bonuses, etc).

That amount of health/shield would come in nicely on higher ranked missions, too. XD

Edited by ScorpDK

That amount of health/shield would come in nicely on higher ranked missions, too. XD

It'd make those mods far too good though, resulting in even less variance in viable builds, as well as put too much importance in having high base health and shields.

Only boosts the base unranked Health.   Same goes for Redirection and steel fiber for sheilds and armor mods.

For Armor it's irrelevant, as armor doesn't change with rank. However, this does also apply to Flow with max energy. Vigor is effected too, of course.

Edited by Tails-san

It's always gonna confuse people, because the mods are described rather poorly (not enough space) ...

...or simple because it doesn't make too much sense that your mods use your rank 0 stats when they should be using your current rank's base stats (as in, before any mods are applied), similar as to how MMORPGs give you bonuses based on your current maximum health/mana/stamina/strength/etc (calculating your items' stats in before applying those juicy +30% bonuses, etc).

The issue exists because these mods were created before there was scaling stats. When the current mod system was first implemented warframe levels only gave points, and as such base health was always going to be your base health.

Objection to how little impact leveling gave caused DE to implement an innate mod effect that scaled with level in order to provide stat scaling.

From what I'm seeing that % sign is pointless as its not giving the numbers it WOULD if it really was percentage based....its just a flat number add on -_-

if it WAS percent based, it would be higher...the reason I know this is because with the current flat number add-on, im looking at banshee at rank 25 she has 260 shields without a redirection.....with a rank 5 redirection (+240) she goes to 500....if it really was percent based it would be at 724. (260/100 = 2.6 then multiply by 240 = 624 + 100 = 724)

It's a % of the base stat, as loads of people have already said in this thread. It's not a flat 240, it's just that Banshee has 100 base shields. The bonus shields from levelling up are not part of your base shields. On Rhino that mod would increase your shields by 360 points. On Valkyr it would only increase your shields by 120 points.

It's a % of the base stat, as loads of people have already said in this thread. It's not a flat 240, it's just that Banshee has 100 base shields. The bonus shields from levelling up are not part of your base shields. On Rhino that mod would increase your shields by 360 points. On Valkyr it would only increase your shields by 120 points.

yeah......but now that its been brought up....they will probably look at it.

I always knew it was "base health" but I didn't know it was "base unranked" - I assumed the amount of health he had at any given level with no mods was his "base health".

I wonder if this question comes up often enough to justify adding some wording to the mod description?

No amount of wording would help alleviate this question unfortunately. It increases your base health, as described, but some don't realize that you gain health/shields/energy per level that is not at all related to mods.