Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Believe I Found A Better Look For The Magnus

DarkBabylon

Since there is this contest I thought to mess around with the default texture to see how it works to possibly eventually make my entry by the 19th.

Somehow I found a somewhat better look for the Magnus?

Basically the Specular and the Bump maps were filtered using Find edges, I put them instead of the defaults and GLORIOUS DETAIL.

http://imgur.com/lT4sV08

Find Edges made the magnus much more alive and metallic looking. The Default looks like plastic in comparison.

What do you think?

Edited by DarkBabylon

I think adding more detail will kill my pc. If I had better hardware I would eat this up in a heartbeat.

The detail is not that much higher on the texture, so memory wise you'd be fine, in fact most of the Bump and specular turned out white. However yeah could destroy GPU's with ease.

But hey, at the end of the day we have affordable GPU's capable of running Battlefield 3 on max settings within arm's reach without spending much, and there are like 10 filters for the sun alone!

Even if it could kill a PC, I think DE should eventually add higher detail as an option, running on max settings with plastic Soma is hilarious!

Edited by DarkBabylon

The detail is not that much higher on the texture, so memory wise you'd be fine, in fact most of the Bump and specular turned out white. However yeah could destroy GPU's with ease.

But hey, at the end of the day we have affordable GPU's capable of running Battlefield 3 on max settings within arm's reach without spending much, and there are like 10 filters for the sun alone!

Even if it could kill a PC, I think DE should eventually add higher detail as an option, running on max settings with plastic Soma is hilarious!

affordable? In what country? o.O

Any first world country where the populous doesn't spend over half of their income and evenings dining on fast food, beer, and cigarettes.

That $#!% is expensive.

An around 150 dollars price tag you could get R7 260X or the Nvidia equivalent GTX650, of course less powerful, but hey, PhysX.

Edited by DarkBabylon