Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith V.s. Latron Prime

fgerm123

Question

They're pretty similar in term of DPS.

If you do some number crunching, you'll find that LW gets more DPS than the LP, but this one has more damage per shot on average.

I'd still go with LW since the crits are much more consistent than on the LP, which gets massive spike damage instead and you just end up gambling a kill on every shot.

i use my prime over wraith as main. already put work into prime and wraith kinda just has crit and some impact instead of puncture over the prime anyway. they aren't too different but if you didn't put anything into the prime yet and are frugal, might as well not waste a slot keeping it. if you got the space or put in the work, go ahead and keep the prime.

just decide which one is more privvy to your playstyle.

LatronW is more of an Ammunition Pumper, using lower power Rounds more often to mow Enemies down.

LatronP is more of a Tactical Sniper, picking off Enemies from all Ranges and sometimes blowing them away.

LatronW has Spread, so it won't pick heads quite as well as LatronP will at long Ranges.

LatronP fires slower and has less consistent Crits, which can make it more difficult to handle groups of Enemies.

LatronW fires faster, though with the mention of having Spread, means that the Weapon can actually get inaccurate if you're pumping Ammunition too quickly.

i know you already are, but just keep both. 

LatronW has Spread, so it won't pick heads quite as well as LatronP will at long Ranges.

LatronW fires faster, though with the mention of having Spread, means that the Weapon can actually get inaccurate if you're pumping Ammunition too quickly.

Um, Latron Wraith and Latron Prime have the same accuracy.

Here is the same build for both weapons, feel free to change high voltage for stormbringer and it will still fit at 0/60. I do not use heavy caliber but I'm sure theres a way to fit it in there if you mess around with the mod placement and replace Hammershot. If you do use it, you'll get quite a significant damage boost but you'll be sacrificing on the status chance and the accuracy.

Edit: Just replace it with Hammershot and switch it around with Point Strike or Vital Sense to get the polarity bonus and it should fit at 1/60, but you won't be able to fit Stormbringer for pure damage anymore.

http://goo.gl/wx5N2n (LW 4 Forma)

http://goo.gl/qqNdRm (LP 3 Forma)

I would also like to point out that while the LP gets more status chance, the LW fires faster so it balances out.

Edited by Cyborger1

Just a question for yall as you know us ps4 users are getting update 14.5 once it's released.

The New Events will then follow shortly after. Including the one for the LW.

I was reading up on the event buy still came away with more questions then real answers.

So here I go.

#1 I've read that you need 3000+ points in a single run to unlock everything.

I've also read that this event is one of the easiest events yet and some of you got 3000+ in just 2 runs.

Is that true & is it really that easy & not the pain in the button grind that took what seems like ages with breeding grounds? Or is it Harder & more of a grind then breeding grounds?

Also what's the best strategy & frames to use to ensure we get the best possible points as quickly as possible as I have a group of guys from my clan lined up to team up with me to get all the goodies

But we don't want it to be the long grind it was in breeding grounds we want to be able to finish it asap so we can hopefully help out other clan members who may not be able to access some of the planets needed..

So can you guys please help provide some good tips & hints & best strategy & frames to use & confirm if this event is as easy as I read to the point of can be done in 2 runs? Thanks all have a great weekend.

Getting to 3k is really easy, all you'll have to do is complete the Earth mission with a score of 1k which will unlock both the Phobos and Europa ones, then head to Europa and get 3k.

The best frames to have are Nova (Slow-down and damage bonuses), Loki (Disarms), Nyx (Chaos) and Trinity (Healing and Energy giver).

Past 3k though, the enemies will start to scale up very quickly in levels and this is where the more serious clans will duke it out for the trophies.

Edited by Cyborger1

Yeah, the nice thing about the mission is how it can be 2-3 runs (theoretically) to get everything the event has to offer. Beyond that, you're running for the Cryotic to build the new gun (which takes 2500 Cryotic to make and a base of 2500 to research - scaling up by x3, x10, x35 or x100 if you're in a Shadow, Storm, Mountain or Moon clan respectively) or for just how fun it is. I know I enjoyed it and so did alot of other people - it's an endless mode like survival or defense, but with ALOT more flexibility and more challenge later in a run. The enemies scale up rather well so it becomes a team effort until they powercreep so far they 1-shot the drills, but by that time you've probably already maxed out what you'd need for the event. I honestly can't wait for it to replace Survival on the planetary tilesets, since it makes more sense and isn't so much BS (read: having a few % left and not getting a damned capsule forcing a run to end).

So for the PS4 people getting 14.5 soon (and for the Xbox 1 people, whenever they ship 14.5 your way) - enjoy the event, it's awesome. :D

Edited by Samoth95

I prefer the prime personally. It hits a lot harder than the Wraith so you'll pick up a few ohko's that you'd otherwise miss.

The real advantage in running a Latron in general is popping heads from mid range, and the prime definitely does that better.

But if you want to spam bullets for big deeps, the wraiths higher fire rate will be better for your needs

Hah, I literally JUST posted about this in a very similar thread. Here's what I said there, and it fits in this topic too:

Watch the first few minutes of this. The uploader has a pretty detailed explanation on what makes both Latron Wraith and Prime viable.

While not MUCH BETTER than Latron Prime, it's definitely on par and both have strengths and weaknesses that make them slightly different from each other, but both great weapons.

For comparisons sake: