Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith: Heres How To Make It Viable For Use Over Latron Prime

creeperZface

Watch the first few minutes of this. The uploader has a pretty detailed explanation on what makes both Latron Wraith and Prime viable.

While not MUCH BETTER than Latron Prime, it's definitely on par and both have strengths and weaknesses that make them slightly different from each other, but both great weapons.

For comparisons sake:

Edited by SoulEchelon

still, be kinda cool for a gun like what i surgested.

Well... you should have suggested a new weapon (maybe with some details and design ideas; some pictures; numbers, yadayadaya) and not the change of a latron weapon (because...welll...it is still a latron... no matter what version...) 

Annnnnd I agree with SoulEchelon :3

Edited by Fabpsi

Latron Prime deals superior Puncture damage and slightly higher Slash damage and Status chance compared to the Latron Wraith, while the Latron Wraith has better Critical Chance and damage, slightly higher rate of fire and slightly better Impact damage and is considered a Silent weapon.

The big tradeoff for the Latron Wraith over the Latron Prime aside from Puncture damage is higher vertical recoil, making Stabilizer a necessity if you want to turn it into a proper marksman rifle (much like the regular Latron): The Latron Prime handles much better than the other two Latrons...not to mention that it has a "v" AND a "-" polarity to make modding easier.

I feel the Latron Prime in general is the superior weapon of all the Latron variants - and it should remain that way, given the time, resources and effort one must expend to acquire it. That being said, the Latron Wraith - as an event weapon - should be better than its regular counterpart and it definitely is.

Per shot with Point Strike+Split chamber, the Wraith and prime out damage each other through crits/double crits about half the time each. 
Wraith crits more often than Prime, but prime wins out all tie cases. However, both hit fairly powerfully with crits so I would imagine the only tie case worth factoring for is the non crit case.
In which, Prime has the advantage of still dealing massive damage. So overall I would say the Wraith is actually a superior damage dealer.

High RoF, less noise, crits more often,
Less recoil, slightly more status chance, higher base damage. 

It's really up to player opinion on what combination is better for their play style.  

Edited by LukeAura

Given that the trigger type for all Latrons is semi-auto and we're talking about rates of fire of 5.4 rounds per second (Wraith) vs 4.2 (Prime)...I'm not even sure if ROF should even be a factor in terms of deciding which weapon is better. I mean honestly, who can click their mouse button 4-5 times per second?

I'm being quite serious here - and just for the sake of argument, remapping to use your scroll wheel to fire does NOT count.

The trick is that shooting a Bombadeer at middle range at 4-5 shots/sec is not hard.

But yeah, there's really no problem with the Wraith. I consider it slightly better overall for the more consistent crit rate and its edge uses like just dumping it into a heavy target. Ammo efficiency really isn't a problem with the Latron series no matter what.

Given that the trigger type for all Latrons is semi-auto and we're talking about rates of fire of 5.4 rounds per second (Wraith) vs 4.2 (Prime)...I'm not even sure if ROF should even be a factor in terms of deciding which weapon is better. I mean honestly, who can click their mouse button 4-5 times per second?

I'm being quite serious here - and just for the sake of argument, remapping to use your scroll wheel to fire does NOT count.

Actually, the average clicks per second most people can achieve is 5-6 without pushing themselves all that hard. Being unable to get over 5 per second is abnormally slow.  

still, be kinda cool for a gun like what i surgested.

No actually, it would not.

It should had never impinged on the Latron Prime at ALL. It should have fallen somewhere in between the Latron and the Prime more, simply because now EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER has one, and only mad people and Englishman have normal Latrons (and brand new players, but they are all scum and easily ignored).

DE basically equipped the entire player base with semi-Latron Primes, and many will never bother to get another gun. Just a BP would have made more sense, to me. The Slot and Catalyst is WAY too generous. I would have made players walk 50 miles in the snow uphill BOTH ways before giving them a Latron Wraith.

And no, I'm not giving mine back, DE will have to pry it from my dead inactive account.

Actually, the average clicks per second most people can achieve is 5-6 without pushing themselves all that hard. Being unable to get over 5 per second is abnormally slow.  

According to what source?

On a side note, that sounds like a quick path to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Tendinitis if you ask me. I'd rather be considered "abnormally slow" in that case.

No actually, it would not.

It should had never impinged on the Latron Prime at ALL. It should have fallen somewhere in between the Latron and the Prime more, simply because now EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER has one, and only mad people and Englishman have normal Latrons (and brand new players, but they are all scum and easily ignored).

DE basically equipped the entire player base with semi-Latron Primes, and many will never bother to get another gun. Just a BP would have made more sense, to me. The Slot and Catalyst is WAY too generous. I would have made players walk 50 miles in the snow uphill BOTH ways before giving them a Latron Wraith.

And no, I'm not giving mine back, DE will have to pry it from my dead inactive account.

Pretty much this.

Mine was leveled for Mastery...and is now on my trophy shelf collecting dust. It was a nice gift on DE's part...but that's all it was to me. All it required was an hour of my time (if that) to get and nothing more. My Latron Prime though? That cost several hours of time and effort, some resources, and a little plat for the slot and catalyst on my part...and with the stats it has and its two slots, frankly it was worth everything I put into it.

Edited by MirageKnight

According to what source?

On a side note, that sounds like a quick path to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Tendinitis if you ask me. I'd rather be considered "abnormally slow" in that case.

It was something I found when people were talking about the Magnus vs. Vasto, which is a much more reasonable comparison of weapons to consider the Semi Auto Limitation. I'll see if I can find it again. 

You can find your own mouse click tester to see for yourself though, I had no trouble managing a 5.5 for 10 seconds.

Once I hit 7 clicks per second I start feeling the strain. Really, it's not that bad. And since you're only doing so for approximately 3 seconds before taking a 2.5 second break in between, it's not so hard to keep up the speed for the Wraith.

Edited by LukeAura