Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll:should Hysteria Invincibility Be Changed/removed

Azawarau

Its the ame as the trinity and rhino invicible iron skin and frost and nyx shields

They all had to go

Your use of word "invincible" labeling these frames' powers is subjective at best. And accepting your argument as such it doesn't make it less right than someone's argument of some other frame's power that could be your favorite one... say, Loki's invisibility makes him too invincible and need to go. We look at our favorite frames with the power just right and ready to defend that belief with tooth and nails, yet we throw all that reasons out to have other frames to be balanced!!

You keep bringing up Quick Thinking as a counter to some of the points made for keeping Hysteria as is. The presence or absence of QT should have no sway over the balance of Hysteria.

Others have already stated what I've found to be true for Hysteria; its pretty fine as it is. When you look only at the stats it looks good, but in play Hysteria isn't very good, a lot of downsides already.

Sure i do

Rage and life strike melee can outdo Hysterias damage output through the games level range without sacrificing utility heavily

The bigger issues with hysteria are

-Spamming to god mode through missions . Slowly but surely

-Using for events such as the recent leader unit thing we had to bypass the challenge of using a lower build

-Using to bypass many game mechanics such as KD,Traps,Various stuns,

God modes like this are more like easy modes that shouldnt exist

And to those who say Valkyr is locked into melee

Most valkyrs stick to melee mode anyways and thats the role she plays best so that point is nothing

How about no?  If you don't like the invulnerability, DON'T.  USE.  HYSTERIA.  How's that so hard a concept to wrap your head around?  Stacking the mitigation isn't the issue - it's that hysteria alone would be useless.  If I must spend 175 energy before hysteria is worth using, I'm wasting far too many mod slots to make hysteria work (yes, I'm also referencing to the power efficiency mods.)  No ability - not one - should require another ability to get worthwhile mileage, unless all abilities are available by default.  I would accept their weakest forms, gaining rank and power mod benefits only with their mod card slotted.  Mod slots are too damn precious otherwise.  

All you need for hysteria is Hysteria and a good melee weapon

30 seconds should be enough to sustain and youll hardly have to sacrifice to increase it

And as a valkyr player and warframe player in general

I want to use hysteria

I wanted to use ogris and trinity and frost shield but couldnt because they were so broken

The advantage they gain over other frames and bypassing game mechanics heavily makes them all nothing but crutches and banes on the game

Your use of word "invincible" labeling these frames' powers is subjective at best. And accepting your argument as such it doesn't make it less right than someone's argument of some other frame's power that could be your favorite one... say, Loki's invisibility makes him too invincible and need to go. We look at our favorite frames with the power just right and ready to defend that belief with tooth and nails, yet we throw all that reasons out to have other frames to be balanced!!

Except lokis invisibility was recently changed so its no longer god mode and stealth was adjusted so enemies didnt just ignore your existence

Along with the changes to trinity,nyx,frost,rhino, and excalibur (all of which i had long since posted wanting changes for by the way)

Valkyr is the last stand to be toned down into place and then built up to a better balance

Loki's invisibility doesn't make him invisible, he can still be harmed and die.  Absorb and Iron Skin basically just add a third layer of HP. Health + Shields + Absorb (based on energy) / Iron Skin (based on an invisible HP)

Hysteria is the only truly invincible skill in the game, and it needs to be balanced.  The skill should be made more useful, but the true invincibility needs to go.

It's fine as it is.

What any particular Valkyr does doesn't effect your gameplay as another player in the same game.

What is desirable to avoid is further homogenization of weapons and warframes. Bland, cookie-cutter characters and weapons aren't desirable (and Destiny has this covered anyway) and won't help the game in the long run.

Sure i do

Rage and life strike melee can outdo Hysterias damage output through the games level range without sacrificing utility heavily

The bigger issues with hysteria are

-Spamming to god mode through missions . Slowly but surely

-Using for events such as the recent leader unit thing we had to bypass the challenge of using a lower build

-Using to bypass many game mechanics such as KD,Traps,Various stuns,

God modes like this are more like easy modes that shouldnt exist

And to those who say Valkyr is locked into melee

Most valkyrs stick to melee mode anyways and thats the role she plays best so that point is nothing

All you need for hysteria is Hysteria and a good melee weapon

30 seconds should be enough to sustain and youll hardly have to sacrifice to increase it

And as a valkyr player and warframe player in general

I want to use hysteria

I wanted to use ogris and trinity and frost shield but couldnt because they were so broken

The advantage they gain over other frames and bypassing game mechanics heavily makes them all nothing but crutches and banes on the game

Except lokis invisibility was recently changed so its no longer god mode and stealth was adjusted so enemies didnt just ignore your existence

Along with the changes to trinity,nyx,frost,rhino, and excalibur (all of which i had long since posted wanting changes for by the way)

Valkyr is the last stand to be toned down into place and then built up to a better balance

Question: seeing as how it can't really affect you, why do you care how others play?  If you want to like hysteria, that's great, but you don't, so don't use it.  Simple.  

The use of trinity's blessing affected entire groups.  Rhino's iron skin was a no brainer to use.    Frost's bubble had become practically essential for endless defense because it was so impervious.  Valkyr's hysteria though?  Good only for recovery. Hysteria (and by extension, Valkyr.) was a junk frame before recovery was built into hysteria (and she got even more armor.)  Letting damage get through mitigates the recovery aspect of hysteria, which is why anything less than invulnerability would make it useless against content where a player would actually need to whip it out.  Additionally, it's crap when actually defending something (as in one of the only game modes to actually freakin' matter) except against the infested. 

Finally, it DOES make her very solo friendly, especially for those harder missions.  And you know what?  I think this game can spare to have a few "easy for solo" frames, such as Rhino and Valkyr.  Not everyone can play smoothly online, but they should still have access to even the harder content.  Sans endless defense against ranged opponents of course.  Hysteria won't save Valkyr there.

Invincibility unbalanced and bad.  Need replaced. Read thread for suggestions and details.

Pretty sure if they wanted to remove the invulnerability, they would have done so while spending even more efforts towards custom animations only she uses (for now anyway.)  Truth is, all of the suggestions are actually rather ability breaking.  She needs time to even get to the bad guys (so losing time for taking hits is a no.)  She needs to actually heal when she hits something, so taking very mitigated damage is a no.  She gets no movement speed increase, attack speed increase, has no real AoE with her attacks... it's literally just invulnerability, regen, and forced melee, for a long period of time that can't be cancelled, which can actually cause a player to hesitate when actually defending something.

Edited by Littleman88

My definition of invincibility is you can't be killed while the ability is up.

Believes and facts are two different things. You should mention it in your posts when you're disregarding facts in favour of your believes.

PS: Also, yes, you can be killed when using Absorb. Because at high end levels, the enemy will instantly pop the Absorb and finish you off. So even according to your personal definition, Absorb does not grant invincibility.

Healing is now based off your damage below or equal to their max health instead of your overkill damage.

That still makes little difference considering the way enemy HP and damage tend to scale

No issues healing with LS

I think a lot of people are saying, invincibility doesn't mean much. They reworked her hysteria combos. What exactly makes you think she's in an urge of rework? What's the story? Sorry if i'm being lazy, I kinda want the tl;dr.

Its not good enough

Question: seeing as how it can't really affect you, why do you care how others play?  If you want to like hysteria, that's great, but you don't, so don't use it.  Simple.  

The use of trinity's blessing affected entire groups.  Rhino's iron skin was a no brainer to use.    Frost's bubble had become practically essential for endless defense because it was so impervious.  Valkyr's hysteria though?  Good only for recovery. Hysteria (and by extension, Valkyr.) was a junk frame before recovery was built into hysteria (and she got even more armor.)  Letting damage get through mitigates the recovery aspect of hysteria, which is why anything less than invulnerability would make it useless against content where a player would actually need to whip it out.  Additionally, it's crap when actually defending something (as in one of the only game modes to actually freakin' matter) except against the infested. 

Finally, it DOES make her very solo friendly, especially for those harder missions.  And you know what?  I think this game can spare to have a few "easy for solo" frames, such as Rhino and Valkyr.  Not everyone can play smoothly online, but they should still have access to even the harder content.  Sans endless defense against ranged opponents of course.  Hysteria won't save Valkyr there.

Pretty sure if they wanted to remove the invulnerability, they would have done so while spending even more efforts towards custom animations only she uses (for now anyway.)  Truth is, all of the suggestions are actually rather ability breaking.  She needs time to even get to the bad guys (so losing time for taking hits is a no.)  She needs to actually heal when she hits something, so taking very mitigated damage is a no.  She gets no movement speed increase, attack speed increase, has no real AoE with her attacks... it's literally just invulnerability, regen, and forced melee, for a long period of time that can't be cancelled, which can actually cause a player to hesitate when actually defending something.

She was a junk frame people say and she gained something but life strike came along and she no longer needed what she was given

It actually slows her down now that she can heal with melee

As a valkyr main it does affect me to have one of my powers be entirely useless and there are many more who would agree with me on this

Even if i werent it would still affect me

Why should i have to put in more effort than the valkyr who just glides through every mission untouched

Why do valkyrs get it so easy in anything start chart/T 3 and under

Theres an issue here

That's a rather... irresponsible statement. Why would it be replaced when it's not broken already?

It is broken

Thats what the argument is

Its like all the people who defended trinity and rhino and so on because they wanted it easy and liked it that way

To my eyes, the trade is fair.

Using these op weapons make your warframe even stronger, but that is taken away on hysteria. There's no hard cc and multiple targeting or punch through - if that makes sense - and all valkyr has is her stance combo which is her main theme. The invincibility part may seem 'broken,' as people say a lot here, but in reality, it isn't. Can other warframes melee in front of mobs like she does? No, that's exactly the point.

Warframes should do different things and valkyr exactly fill her role as a berserker melee frame. I really do fine in survivals beating up mobs and never felt broken, rather it was fun. The fact that you take no dmg makes you able to actually melee in front of large crowd like no other frame does. Why should valkyr should not be as she is right now and be like other warframes of other roles?

PS: Also, yes, you can be killed when using Absorb. Because at high end levels, the enemy will instantly pop the Absorb and finish you off. So even according to your personal definition, Absorb does not grant invincibility.

I've taken Nyx into 70 minute T4 survivals and never had this problem. Granted I am not a moron and always have chaos running too. 

Personally my favorite frame for god mode is Zephyr. I'm not sure if Turbulence is bugged in regards to hitscan but I have literally never taken a hit from anything but ancients in the void with it up. I've stood in front of 5 corrupted gunners for minutes on end without taking a single shot. Even the moas can't hit me, they're always shooting around me.

To my eyes, the trade is fair.

Using these op weapons make your warframe even stronger, but that is taken away on hysteria. There's no hard cc and multiple targeting or punch through - if that makes sense - and all valkyr has is her stance combo which is her main theme. The invincibility part may seem 'broken,' as people say a lot here, but in reality, it isn't. Can other warframes melee in front of mobs like she does? No, that's exactly the point.

Warframes should do different things and valkyr exactly fill her role as a berserker melee frame. I really do fine in survivals beating up mobs and never felt broken, rather it was fun. The fact that you take no dmg makes you able to actually melee in front of large crowd like no other frame does. Why should valkyr should not be as she is right now and be like other warframes of other roles?

Waframes should do different things

That argument is under the assumption that valkyr wont fill her role as a berserker unless shes entirely  invincible and thats untrue