Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll:should Hysteria Invincibility Be Changed/removed

Azawarau

No, we want her to be fixed to actually be useful and not broken.

I don't see how something can be broken in a PVE game. Are the AI complaining? No, why are you then? I get that something like old trinity blessing was OP, because it just made it boring, but I really don't understand all the "nerf valkyr" lately, I barely ever see a Valkyr in the game and when I do it's usually when people use her to avoid getting frustrated by annoying events like Hyena event a couple weeks back.

I don't see how something can be broken in a PVE game.

Are you blind?

I really don't understand all the "nerf valkyr" lately, I barely ever see a Valkyr in the game and when I do it's usually when people use her to avoid getting frustrated by annoying events like Hyena event a couple weeks back.

That is because she is boring.  Taking away her invincibility crutch, but making her more useful over all will make more people want to play as her.

Yes, and nerfing her would make more people play her?

It will ideally make her balanced. In the short run this may make some people on the forum unhappy, but in the long run a balanced game has better playability for all frames and is more fun for everyone.

They just reworked her to not be terrible and you want to kill her so she's worst than she started out with? I don't understand, it's a PVE game, if you don't like to be godmode don't press 4

Shes not terrible without hysteria

Hysteria itself IS terrible

Weaker than regular melee still

Ever since life strike she hasnt needed and likely wont need the changes made to hysteria long ago

Invi has to go, times have changed

And even PvE games need balance

One frame going god mode when everyone else has to try = not fair play

I don't see how something can be broken in a PVE game. Are the AI complaining? No, why are you then? I get that something like old trinity blessing was OP, because it just made it boring, but I really don't understand all the "nerf valkyr" lately, I barely ever see a Valkyr in the game and when I do it's usually when people use her to avoid getting frustrated by annoying events like Hyena event a couple weeks back.

People should learn to play better rather than rely on god mode to bypass events

Valkyrs 4 is broken just like blessing and is just as boring as blessing was

It needs to go

This is an assumption, not a fact.

Read below before making statements like this

Yes, and nerfing her would make more people play her?

^Yes this post

Under the assumption that removing invi is a nerf

Shed be changed to have a 4 thats more useful offensively and doesnt provide easy mode game breaking bypass everything because i cant play well powers

Read below before making statements like this

The claim that more people will play Valkyr when she loses her invulnerability IS an assumption.  THAT is a fact.  Bring me the numbers that will prove me wrong and show that yes, she will attract more players.  By the way, I won't be waiting.  I'm not the one with reading problems here.  I posted something of an overhaul for Valkyr's shielding in this very thread that would also maybe justify hysteria going to vulnerable mode + run speed, and hopefully, maybe, make her shielding meaningful beyond stopping rounds strong enough only to chip the paint off her shoulders.  Not.  One.  F***ing.  Word.

The problem here is squarely with you.

You don't want her "balanced" so much as just changed to suite your personal beliefs, which are an abysmal point to balance around.  Just don't use hysteria.  Problem solved.  As long as you're arguing from a "me vs. them" stand point instead of coming up with something actually FUN and FAIR, beyond the idea that "vulnerability is a challenge/balanced" (HAH!  So is iron skin and vanguard helms!) you're not going to sway anyone.  Period.

Warcry and paralysis are her utility that benefit team play, even if the latter is a poor man's version of radial blind.  

I'm kind of on the fence about it. While I get that invincibility is bad hers does come with conditions. You take damage at the end of it if you're in range of enemies, and you're limited to melee range with very awkward breakdancing animations. Theoretically it is balanced invincibility. But because enemies die so quickly, or its so easy to jump out of the way of harm when dropping out, you never take a reasonable amount of drawback. And I don't realistically see that form of drawback working so I guess it has to go. I read tying Damage Reduction to enemies in some way and that sounded kind of sensible for it. 

And its combos definitely need some trimming/refining. So many mishmashed purposes and unclear combos. Here's a spinning flail combo with slashes and wild kicks. And another more complicated one, and another with some awkward stabs in with the wild kicks and flailing slashes, and another with extra flails And stabs. None of them seem to have a purpose more than to flail around. I know it's called Hysteria but does that really mean every combo has to be unmemorable from the others. 

Rare?

I have 4-5 of them

They go in the market for 5 plat and available on any planet that has DS

Which earns you have to beat up a bunch of useless infested to get it

Do you even know what youre saying to post something like this?

Did I ask how many life strikes you had?

The point is, if your designated berserker is meant to use life steal to fit her niche, you shouldn't need to farm out an external mod to make her useful. This only enforces meta mod loadouts and is downright silly

It's like saying in order to use ironskin as Rhino you need a steel fiber mod installed.

The claim that more people will play Valkyr when she loses her invulnerability IS an assumption.  THAT is a fact.  Bring me the numbers that will prove me wrong and show that yes, she will attract more players.  By the way, I won't be waiting.  I'm not the one with reading problems here.  I posted something of an overhaul for Valkyr's shielding in this very thread that would also maybe justify hysteria going to vulnerable mode + run speed, and hopefully, maybe, make her shielding meaningful beyond stopping rounds strong enough only to chip the paint off her shoulders.  Not.  One.  F***ing.  Word.

The problem here is squarely with you.

You don't want her "balanced" so much as just changed to suite your personal beliefs, which are an abysmal point to balance around.  Just don't use hysteria.  Problem solved.  As long as you're arguing from a "me vs. them" stand point instead of coming up with something actually FUN and FAIR, beyond the idea that "vulnerability is a challenge/balanced" (HAH!  So is iron skin and vanguard helms!) you're not going to sway anyone.  Period.

Warcry and paralysis are her utility that benefit team play, even if the latter is a poor man's version of radial blind.  

Well i never mentioned more people playing her in that post but since you brought it up

She should have an abillity that makes her tankier without being totally immune to everything just because

As a valkyr main id like my ult to be useful

As a player in general its not fair to me or anyone else that isnt valkyr hysteria spamming, that someone on the team is entirely immortal and effortlessly bypassing content where i have to actually put effort in

When you make an online game you cant have things like this

The problem isnt solved with me not using hysteria, the problem is solved when hysteria is brought into line with the game and made fair for everone

If you read my posts youll understand it isnt just from a personal perspective

Youre borderline mudslinging and putting words in my mouth

Did I ask how many life strikes you had?

The point is, if your designated berserker is meant to use life steal to fit her niche, you shouldn't need to farm out an external mod to make her useful. This only enforces meta mod loadouts and is downright silly

It's like saying in order to use ironskin as Rhino you need a steel fiber mod installed.

Thats like saying we shouldnt need power STR mods to boost up our frames damage abilities

Or efficiency mods to make them cheaper to cast, they should just be that way to start.

Think of it as being an ability mod that goes on her weapon instead of directly on her

And theres nothing wrong with that considering how easy it is to get

I kind like how you lost that argument right away and desperately shifted left on it

Lets spin another one

Does Valkyr have to be invincible to fit the berserker role with a life steal niche?

Is that really the only way or is there some bias going on here?

Instead of invincibility perhaps she could auto restore health a la life strike if she damages kills enough targets while hysteria is active. This would stop peeps from blindly charging in situations where they could easily kill enemies with tactics

Edited by Somedude1000

Thats like saying we shouldnt need power STR mods to boost up our frames damage abilities

Or efficiency mods to make them cheaper to cast, they should just be that way to start.

Think of it as being an ability mod that goes on her weapon instead of directly on her

And theres nothing wrong with that considering how easy it is to get

I kind like how you lost that argument right away and desperately shifted left on it

Lets spin another one

Does Valkyr have to be invincible to fit the berserker role with a life steal niche?

Is that really the only way or is there some bias going on here?

But life strike doesn't strictly enhance abilities she already has. It makes it necessary. A Warframe must be able to fill its niche when it has all 4 skill mods equipped. No other mods should be a REQUIREMENT to make her skills work. Duration, range, and strength enhancing mods are not a requirement to use a Warframe to fill its role.

This also enforces more cookie cutter builds by making the role dependent on the melee weapon equipped. Only a handful of weapons can actually use life strike effectively.

And I lost the argument right away? It's called expanding my thought process. Stop acting like I'm resorting to insults when I pose what I believe to be valid arguments.

As it is, Valkyr's hysteria is not overpowered in its application of invulnerability for the duration because it locks the user into melee combat. This is not like U6 ironskin or prenerf blessing. Those abilities did NOT penalize the player for invincibility, while hysteria does.

I'm also a bit confused, how can you call hysteria useless and overpowered at the same time? That's what I would like to know.

But life strike doesn't strictly enhance abilities she already has. It makes it necessary. A Warframe must be able to fill its niche when it has all 4 skill mods equipped. No other mods should be a REQUIREMENT to make her skills work. Duration, range, and strength enhancing mods are not a requirement to use a Warframe to fill its role.

This also enforces more cookie cutter builds by making the role dependent on the melee weapon equipped. Only a handful of weapons can actually use life strike effectively.

And I lost the argument right away? It's called expanding my thought process. Stop acting like I'm resorting to insults when I pose what I believe to be valid arguments.

As it is, Valkyr's hysteria is not overpowered in its application of invulnerability for the duration because it locks the user into melee combat. This is not like U6 ironskin or prenerf blessing. Those abilities did NOT penalize the player for invincibility, while hysteria does.

I'm also a bit confused, how can you call hysteria useless and overpowered at the same time? That's what I would like to know.

Penalized bonus damage and invulnerability?

Shed be using melee anyways and the benefit far outweigh the cost except in situations where shes nothing but a revival tool and you know it

Theres nothing wrong with valkyr using life strike to sustain herself and unless you can prove that there is other than simply stating there isnt you dont have much of a point

Valkyr was made to synergize with mods in a way that no other frame can

Rage QT and life strike are her home and she uses them more effectively than any otehr frame could dream

And theres nothing wrong with that

I bet you think she shouldnt need steel fiber either?

Ever try lvl 30 without it? Not fun

Since you want to talk about niche so much

Maybe hers is using a different set of mods entirely to be effective in a different way

That sounds about right

Penalized bonus damage and invulnerability?

Shed be using melee anyways and the benefit far outweigh the cost except in situations where shes nothing but a revival tool and you know it

Theres nothing wrong with valkyr using life strike to sustain herself and unless you can prove that there is other than simply stating there isnt you dont have much of a point

Valkyr was made to synergize with mods in a way that no other frame can

Rage QT and life strike are her home and she uses them more effectively than any otehr frame could dream

And theres nothing wrong with that

I bet you think she shouldnt need steel fiber either?

Ever try lvl 30 without it? Not fun

Since you want to talk about niche so much

Maybe hers is using a different set of mods entirely to be effective in a different way

That sounds about right

Bonus damage for melee. Ironskin and blessing didn't lock a person out of their primary an secondary weapons, which are widely known to scale better than melee weapons.

This is the only thing I believe should be changed about hysteria. Marked enemies shouldn't become unmarked when they get out of the 5m range. This will give more incentive to actually kill enemies around you instead of running away to avoid the incoming damage for letting them live. It will also make people become less inclined to use it as a panic button.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with using life strike with her. However her role as the berserker warframe means that she should retain lifesteal of her own, without any external mods required. Life strike will augment this and make it easier to do, but it shouldn't be the only option of lifesteal for her. She should keep the lifesteal form hysteria.

And? I don't understand how this is at all relevant to the topic. The mechanics of her abilities and her armor/health rating will obviously call for unorthodox builds compared to other warframes. Don't get sarcastic with me, it just makes me feel like you're trying to annoy me into giving up my argument.

Long story short, invulnerability in hysteria is not broken as it is now. However a marked enemy left alive should be more punishing when hysteria's timer runs out. Running away from a marked enemy shouldn't un-mark it.

I disagree with the argument above for the reason of a perma-Hystetia build does not need hysteria to have life strike. It makes not only her Armor stat useless but it actually makes one of Hysteria's own elements irrelevant.

If a player has a perma-hysteria build they do not need life-steal or any durability mods - that to me sounds broken.

I am in favor of Hysteria being Valkyr's self-health, but I think she should gain Damage Reduction and incoming damage only afflicted to Health - thus allowing WarCry to still be an Armor buff with Hysteria's Damage Reduction being applied before Armor mitigation, Paralysis to still be a more instant AoE while in Hysteria (Shields not being damaged while in Hysteria), and Ultimately would give her a survivability cap. (Eventually enemy strength would be overwhelming as compared to where pure invincibility scales infinitely - Breeding Grounds level 9999 enemies?)

For the Berserker part of killing to remain alive, I think she should have an innate form of the Berserker mod - but altered -instead of attack speed she gains Crit chance per kill. Thus the more enemies she is killing the stronger her attacks and more life that is replenished. (Crit chance rate should cap from kills at 105% before equipped melee Crit chance +True steel being added- thus allowing Red Crits without a melee weapon equipped (105% will give 5% Crit chance) and only increasing Red Crit chances with melee weapons. The high Crit damage should allow for Hysteria to be more better suited for damage than a normal melee weapon and if only 5% innate life steal remains should be enough of a damage boost to still keep her alive. (High Crit chance weapons with max true steel would raise Crit chance to 145%) - In my opinion this would be more fitting of a post Melee 2.0 Hysteria Berserker. The only part of Hysteria that would be taking a Nerf would be the ability to stand there receiving damage to perform an otherwise impossible revive or terminal/life-support activation.

(I think marked enemies should receive an Armor debuff like Nekros and have the range affected by range Mods. Adds some more Team utility and would allow her more melee damage in late game than not having an Armor debuff.)

Bonus damage for melee. Ironskin and blessing didn't lock a person out of their primary an secondary weapons, which are widely known to scale better than melee weapons.

This is the only thing I believe should be changed about hysteria. Marked enemies shouldn't become unmarked when they get out of the 5m range. This will give more incentive to actually kill enemies around you instead of running away to avoid the incoming damage for letting them live. It will also make people become less inclined to use it as a panic button.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with using life strike with her. However her role as the berserker warframe means that she should retain lifesteal of her own, without any external mods required. Life strike will augment this and make it easier to do, but it shouldn't be the only option of lifesteal for her. She should keep the lifesteal form hysteria.

And? I don't understand how this is at all relevant to the topic. The mechanics of her abilities and her armor/health rating will obviously call for unorthodox builds compared to other warframes. Don't get sarcastic with me, it just makes me feel like you're trying to annoy me into giving up my argument.

Long story short, invulnerability in hysteria is not broken as it is now. However a marked enemy left alive should be more punishing when hysteria's timer runs out. Running away from a marked enemy shouldn't un-mark it.

Really? I can outdo boltor prime users with melee but maybe thats just me

And just a heads up, nothing scales better than invincibility

No matter how powerful the enemy is they just cant beat hysteria

Noone wants hysterias life steal to go, just the invincibility

Im not trying to be sarcastic with you but poking holes in arguments on hysteria is getting a bit old

Hysterias invi isnt needed on valkyr anymore. There was a time when she was way softer and in need of help

Now she doesnt need it and it only holds her back from what she could be

If enemies remained marked permanently then either youd die every time in hysteria after a point  effectively making it even more useless than it already is and not solving its issue of being an ult that makes her weaker

I disagree with the argument above for the reason of a perma-Hystetia build does not need hysteria to have life strike. It makes not only her Armor stat useless but it actually makes one of Hysteria's own elements irrelevant.

If a player has a perma-hysteria build they do not need life-steal or any durability mods - that to me sounds broken.

I am in favor of Hysteria being Valkyr's self-health, but I think she should gain Damage Reduction and incoming damage only afflicted to Health - thus allowing WarCry to still be an Armor buff with Hysteria's Damage Reduction being applied before Armor mitigation, Paralysis to still be a more instant AoE while in Hysteria (Shields not being damaged while in Hysteria), and Ultimately would give her a survivability cap. (Eventually enemy strength would be overwhelming as compared to where pure invincibility scales infinitely - Breeding Grounds level 9999 enemies?)

For the Berserker part of killing to remain alive, I think she should have an innate form of the Berserker mod - but altered -instead of attack speed she gains Crit chance per kill. Thus the more enemies she is killing the stronger her attacks and more life that is replenished. (Crit chance rate should cap from kills at 105% before equipped melee Crit chance +True steel being added- thus allowing Red Crits without a melee weapon equipped (105% will give 5% Crit chance) and only increasing Red Crit chances with melee weapons. The high Crit damage should allow for Hysteria to be more better suited for damage than a normal melee weapon and if only 5% innate life steal remains should be enough of a damage boost to still keep her alive. (High Crit chance weapons with max true steel would raise Crit chance to 145%) - In my opinion this would be more fitting of a post Melee 2.0 Hysteria Berserker. The only part of Hysteria that would be taking a Nerf would be the ability to stand there receiving damage to perform an otherwise impossible revive or terminal/life-support activation.

(I think marked enemies should receive an Armor debuff like Nekros and have the range affected by range Mods. Adds some more Team utility and would allow her more melee damage in late game than not having an Armor debuff.)

Ive thought about passive healing with hysteria but with rage that could be a tipper

Life steal is already really nice on valkyr so idk where to go with that one

This is why the only change I personally think will be needed is more punishment for not killing your marked enemies. This will theoretically reduce the 

"panic button" use for hysteria because if you pop it in the middle of a mob of enemies you will be much more vulnerable to all of the bullets they hose into you went it runs out, inciting people to use it only with the intent of offense or for lifesteal.

In effect, people who try to cheese missions with invulnerability using hysteria will only delay their deaths because they ignored all of those marked enemies they just blew past while they were hosed in bullets.

Really? I can outdo boltor prime users with melee but maybe thats just me

And just a heads up, nothing scales better than invincibility

No matter how powerful the enemy is they just cant beat hysteria

Noone wants hysterias life steal to go, just the invincibility

Im not trying to be sarcastic with you but poking holes in arguments on hysteria is getting a bit old

Hysterias invi isnt needed on valkyr anymore. There was a time when she was way softer and in need of help

Now she doesnt need it and it only holds her back from what she could be

If enemies remained marked permanently then either youd die every time in hysteria after a point  effectively making it even more useless than it already is and not solving its issue of being an ult that makes her weaker

The main reason I brought up melee vs primary/secondaries is because hysteria is meant to punish players for not killing marked enemies that did damage to them. If, however, you can use ranged weapons you are less susceptible to incoming damage because of distance and the ability to take cover. Melee places the Valkyr user in a position where they are often guaranteed to soak up damage, and the after-effects of hysteria should punish them for not killing the sources of damage. This, I believe, will balance out the invulnerability.

Yes, invulnerability scales pretty much infinitely. However, once you start getting into that "endgame" of level 60+ enemies, hysteria won't be scratching their health for much anymore because of the armor scaling curve. I'm thinking of it like Hydroid's undertow ability. He is invincible, invisible, and can CC and damage enemies as long as he has energy left. But, he cannot move, he must wait for enemies to walk over him to keep them CC'd and the damage is marginal at best.

Meanwhile if you're in those level-dense areas where enemy armor is 10 inches thick, using hysteria, you cannot even kill the enemies damaging you so much that you're pretty much marked for death when the duration ends. The revamp of the marking system for hysteria to not un-mark enemies will emphasize this.

This is why the only change I personally think will be needed is more punishment for not killing your marked enemies. This will theoretically reduce the 

"panic button" use for hysteria because if you pop it in the middle of a mob of enemies you will be much more vulnerable to all of the bullets they hose into you went it runs out, inciting people to use it only with the intent of offense or for lifesteal.

In effect, people who try to cheese missions with invulnerability using hysteria will only delay their deaths because they ignored all of those marked enemies they just blew past while they were hosed in bullets.

The main reason I brought up melee vs primary/secondaries is because hysteria is meant to punish players for not killing marked enemies that did damage to them. If, however, you can use ranged weapons you are less susceptible to incoming damage because of distance and the ability to take cover. Melee places the Valkyr user in a position where they are often guaranteed to soak up damage, and the after-effects of hysteria should punish them for not killing the sources of damage. This, I believe, will balance out the invulnerability.

Yes, invulnerability scales pretty much infinitely. However, once you start getting into that "endgame" of level 60+ enemies, hysteria won't be scratching their health for much anymore because of the armor scaling curve. I'm thinking of it like Hydroid's undertow ability. He is invincible, invisible, and can CC and damage enemies as long as he has energy left. But, he cannot move, he must wait for enemies to walk over him to keep them CC'd and the damage is marginal at best.

Meanwhile if you're in those level-dense areas where enemy armor is 10 inches thick, using hysteria, you cannot even kill the enemies damaging you so much that you're pretty much marked for death when the duration ends. The revamp of the marking system for hysteria to not un-mark enemies will emphasize this.

Well the armor scaling is only a big issue with grineer and a single heavily armored corrupted unit

Hysteria cans till kill lvl 60 enemies but relatively slowly

Punishing that heavily would be effectively worse than just changing it

Perhaps instead of DR Hysteria should take an offensive mobility route

This is assuming were breaking the games level range a bit by the way

Shouldn't be balancing at that point

Edited by Azawarau