Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of Alerts Seriously?

SwiftFantasy

That's peanut brittle. <.<

THIS IS WHY MOMMY LOTUS CAN ONLY COME TO SEE YOU ON TUESDAYS.

THIS IS WHY MOMMY LOTUS HAS TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT.

YOU CAUSED THIS.

YOU DROVE HER TO THIS.

*Pulls from whiskey bottle*

*Collapses in well worn, stained plaid armchair*

GO TO BED KID

upstairs you lay in bed while hearing coatduck quietly sobbing to herself from downstairs

Edited by Coatduck

Alerts do not exist to offer up a challenge. They exist as a triggered engagement/retention tool... which involves them being fairly easy yet still handing out better than average rewards to keep people playing that little bit longer. (Average = Typical node on respective planet) 

This will never really change since they need this mechanic in place for above said reasons.

Nightmare Mode is there if you're looking for more of a challenge on your typical planet nodes.

I like the credit alerts.  I'm MR 5 and I still need to feed all the things money just to feel like I'm progressing.  I don't like to leech time or resources from my clan (though tbh I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy to help) - I play late and can't always even find a pug for some missions, and I don't feel confident enough to hit some of the later, bigger and better paying missions yet.  I don't want to feed someone else's alliance by hitting a rail and grinding credits and resources for them... 

Needless to say my options are kind of limited, and I spend most of my time in game with less than 10k credits.

A 4K credit payout on a mission on mercury probably seems like peanuts for you, and I can appreciate it's a drop in the ocean, barely worthy of note.
For me it's the cost of the half dozen mod upgrades I've got outstanding, or enough cash to allow me to be able to afford the tax on a trade deal with another player.  2-3 of those missions a play session pays for a new blueprint, or enables me to build a frame component.

They might seem easy once you've experienced void missions and derelicts with a maxed out frame and prime gear.  My first taste of infested was an alert, on a mid level mag with mid level gear and next to no experience of the game, and it was an exciting, difficult, solo experience that cost me a lot of revives and taught me a hell of a lot about dealing with infested and how to play better generally.  The 5-6k I earned on that run felt like a real achievement, and it made a massive difference to the amount of cash I had available that play session.

By all means, ask for harder challenges or more level appropriate rewards or whatever you need to make alerts work for you at your level, but don't blanket remove them for players that are right down near the bottom of the food chain just because they don't currently work for you, as they provide a useful and viable source of credits, resources and experience for us, whilst being  a bit of a challenge and something different and fun compared to the usual grind.

The alert system also rewards players for their overall progress in the game, since they may spawn randomly on any mission. A player with the whole map revealed has access to every alert that might come up as opposed to a new player who completed only the first planet. Also, the alert rewards scale with the mission level they spawn on.

there are a lot of new players on the console systems who probably found the alerts to be worth doing.  

As a new player on PC I enjoied getting the free warframe (vaubon (sp?)  prints even if I can't yet craft it.   I also have a weapon upgrade (double mod capacity), a foma (don't even know what its for yet) and a foma blueprint, among other things.   Probably all rubbish to established players but very nice for new folks.    I know I was not the only one to grab that frame blueprint set though -- tons of people seemed glad to get it. 

I will give you that when fully geared players join the match and just wave their hand and win, its dull.  Feel free to use a new frame or to use the alerts to level up some weapon you have not yet done or something  instead of doing the map wide aoe bombs.

there are a lot of new players on the console systems who probably found the alerts to be worth doing.  

As a new player on PC I enjoied getting the free warframe (vaubon (sp?)  prints even if I can't yet craft it.   I also have a weapon upgrade (double mod capacity), a foma (don't even know what its for yet) and a foma blueprint, among other things.   Probably all rubbish to established players but very nice for new folks.    I know I was not the only one to grab that frame blueprint set though -- tons of people seemed glad to get it. 

I will give you that when fully geared players join the match and just wave their hand and win, its dull.  Feel free to use a new frame or to use the alerts to level up some weapon you have not yet done or something  instead of doing the map wide aoe bombs.

Vauban is a very good and fun frame. You'll likely have a ton of fun with him when you build him.

Forma is used to change the polarities on mods slots on your weapons and frames. If you put a mod into a slot with a matching polarity the mod energy point cost will be halved. Forma-ing your equipment resets its rank to zero however, so you will have to level it up again.

Credit alerts are aimed at newer players who can't farm the void endlessly or whatever clan owned node they give us for a nanosecond with tolerable taxes.

Credit alerts are usually easier just a tiny bit than what the planet normally would house, specifically to give new players a nice chunk of change that is guaranteed at the end if they make it.

Credit alerts and easy alerts with auras are not built for people who no longer need credits or auras. They are built for people who have neither.

Gigantic, mindblowing, eye opening shocker. You are not the only one who plays this game.

Crazy right?

End planet credit alerts are dumb though, I will admit. Unless it was increased, doing 10 waves on Pluto for 5k is stupid. THAT needs work.

But that 4k on Venus Capture? Yeah that's not aimed at you.

Basically DE gives you free stuff for daily log ins, plus bonus for daily first win. Then you get free stuff for doing the alerts, and that's a bad thing? Appreciation and thankfulness clearly does not exist. What's next? RNG sucks? No one is forcing you to participate in the alerts.

Take the time to enjoy the game instead of complain about parts designed to help you in the long run. 

I'd talk about how the 12k credit alerts always have higher level enemies than all of the nodes on all of the planets, and frequently have additional/alternate objectives that make them longer/harder than regular missions, but I'm being sent to bed without supper OR a cookie. Man, this sucks.

This game needs less timesinks and more at least one piece of challenging content.

I hereby challenge you to complete a 1 hour session of T4 survival. Solo.

No BoltorP or Loki/P allowed.

You are only allowed to use 1 single revive. 

Extra bonus challenge - Use melee only.

Will you accept?

while i completely understand where the OP is coming from

personally i dont run missions that aren't alerts usually, since there is less reward involved

now myself ive got every piece of gear ingame ranked to 30, so ive honestly ran out of things to do, besides re-forma stuff (and that gets boring running sechura REAL fast), so i do have a different viewpoint than say a newer player at this point

but the bottom line, is that eventually everyone can reach a similar point, and then, the incentives to play the game more go down incredibly fast

DE is really not doing much at all to give Warframe replayability, they tend to introduce new heavily gated content like the Vay Hek boss fight, that takes maybe a week or two to complete, but then once you've done it and gotten the loot, that's it, no reason to ever go back

IMHO these are terrible design choices and if I was in charge, i would definitely try to make the boss fights ingame more rewarding as well as worth going back to fight over and over (of course a lot of the boss fights are really not that well done either, but thats another issue entirely)

personally i look at the enemy diversity and AI for games like borderlands2 and destiny and then i see the enemy variety and how they behave in Warframe and i can see the quick boredom setting in, DE really needs to make our game world feel more 'correct' our enemies move incredibly glitchy and are bland and un-diverse

sry to rant, but i tangent easily

Edited by CY13ERPUNK