Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back After A 9 Month Hiatus

Keyza

So.. What's new ? 

I left just prior to Patch 11.0 after having put in 220+ hours into this game and the grind fest starting to get real; while the many issues at the time weren't being addressed.

I decide to revisit Warframe after seeing Destiny (and what a let down that was) and craved some ninja Tenno parkour action, so I re-downloaded the game played the prologue and here I am.

Please get me up to speed.

Boltor Prime is the new Soma.

Marelok is the new Acrid.

Dual Ichors are the new... no melee was ever that good...

Apollodorus is the new Kappa.

Interception is point cap.

Hijack zaps your shields to power a thing and move it forward to the end point.

Excavation (coming soon) is being compared to survival but it's just spawning temporary defense objectives (pods).

Conclave is about to be applied to a new type of PvE alert, so pay attention to costs for making low rating builds.

Biggest changes are:

U11 -> Damage 2.0 - a complete overhaul of the damage system.

U13 -> Melee 2.0 - you can now equip your melee weapon in your hands, charge attacks were removed, channeling was added.

U14 -> Starmap removed, player ships added. Though that change is more of a convoluted UI change.

If you were gone since Patch 11.0, chances are you haven't heard about all the Warframes that have come out since then.

Zephyr - Wind themed Warframe, easily has the most mobility in the game, out of all Warframes. Shes surprisingly tanky as well.

Hydriod - Water themed Warframe, lots and lots of CC.

Mirage - ...FPS drop...Seriously, leave her alone unless you have a good computer. She spawns 4 clones of herself that mimic her every move, down to the particle effects on her weapons...and her ultimate ability is to spawn a disco-ball that fires out lasers...

Loki Prime - Exactly what it says on the tin, its Loki Prime. If you want to buy this one for real-life cash, it will be in Prime Access until the 16th of September.

and a few notable weapons that've come out since.

Venka - The first ever set of claw weapons in the game, with their own stance.

Glaxion - First weapon to have Cold as a base damage.

Kronen - First ever tonfa weapon. Im not sure if this is true, but ive heard people say this has the highest spin attack damage in the game. (I could believe it considering I was one-shotting Heavy Gunners in Tower 2 Void missions at Rank 0 with it.)

Ah yes the Soma, I log back in and it's still equipped and un-maxed and thankfully I already own the Dual Ichors and the Acrid from back in the day.

Anything new in the Warframe meta, I know there are new frames but anyone you would recommend playing ? I have my sights on Valkyr.

Yeah I heard the thing about helm stats, interesting..

Melee 2.0 with stances are an interesting addition, is it useful in high tier content or do we all just go back to spamming E ?

well just going over the larger stuff i remember

U12 changed earth's planet tileset to forest, changed the HUD a bit, and added a new game mode Interception there are 4 points which you have to capture and hold to gain decryption on a message, once you hit 100% enemy spawns stop and you just have to kill them all then you can go again or leave, if enemies get to 100% on their decryption then you lose, also added Zephyr a new warframe got from clantech with flight based powers

U12.3 or so added the Grustrag 3 another death mark enemy, after supporting corpus in an invasion you can get their mark, theres 3 of them, if they kill you they attach something that makes you do less damage vs grineer until you remove via foundry blueprint, they have a chance to drop Brakk parts and they expanded the forest tileset a bit

U12.4 was an event that introduced Grineer Shipyard Tileset which is Ceres i think iirc, and Hijack gamemode, you hack a  console to release the core of a grineer ship, it moves by draining your shield, you need to move it to the escape ship without it being destroyed by the grineer in the shipyards, dual stat electric/status proc mods

U13 added Melee 2.0, melee is now more viable, you can un-equip weapon slots and if you hold f or if your melee is your only equipped weapon you can wield it as the main thing, charge attacks were replaced by channelling (with charge attack mods changed to channelling mods), hold left click hits do more damage at cost of energy, hold right click to block which with reflection is now useful and can reflect bullets and allow you to close in with the boosted melee weapons even the skana is semi-viable now, also added stances which are like aura's for weapons that allow you to do different combos with them equipped and can change cost in stamina per swing, damage and probably some other stuff (some combos have 100% proc moves) also changed the vay hek bossfight you now need to make a key from resources that drop from special enemies in the shipyards, new Vay Hek drops Hydroid parts Water/Pirate based warframe

U13.2 was an event added Rescue 2.0 redesigned rescue gameplay where hostage is in a room with 3 wardens and various fodder enemies, if any of the wardens learn of your presence they'll run to a console and start a countdown in which if you don't get the hostage out of the room in time will kill him, drops tenno spectre blueprints (haven't used myself but i think they're a gear ai summonable frame)

U13.3 added feral kubrows a wolf-like creature on Earth

U13.7 Loki prime, Bo Prime, Wyrm Prime and T4 Void which are same level enemies as t3 with damage boosted new version of vor found in there that can drop the dual stat mods from the Cicero Crisis

U13.8 Event introduced Infested Ship Tileset and  Infested Hive Missions you go around the ship, destroy 'tumors' which give shield to nearby hives preventing damage then destroy the hive, each hive has a different effect on mission once destroyed i.e can lower gravity, once all 3 are destroyed head to exit, new infested enemies that are ospreys, bring in a crawler that they drop then charge at you occasionally leaving a toxin trail, dual stat fire/status proc mods

U14 User Experience 2.0 we now have our own ships, new prologue that you can opt into if you haven't declined yet and you were playing before the update, introduces the ship and where everything is along with a few missions based around getting the ships parts and fighting vor, new MK1 weapons added, loki replaced by volt as starter warframe. Quest system added, esc button menu changed and has sometimes easier ways to navigate to foundry and such if you don't want to move around the ship, loading screen is now ships flying towards destination, star map different and rather than a map is now a wheel of planets from the navigation menu that you spin around and spin the planets to find other missions, also added Mirage, smoke & mirrors based warframe that is acquired through new quest system, can increase damage a ridiculous amount with hall of mirrors (makes temporary clones that mimic you and shoot)

u14.2 mini event that i misses introduced Artic Eximus i believe, leader enemies with frost snow globe like shield shortly after in a hotfix they had a tactical alert that i missed which was a somewhat harder than usual alert and was based on Hyena from what i heard from friends

not exactly sure at what point eximus enemies were phased in, maybe around U13-ish but i'm not entirely sure

also somewhere along the way arcane helms were phased out those who had them or blueprints for them got to keep those they had, but any alerts or helms bought now don't change any stats with your frame

edit: wrote all this out then saw 7 new replies already.. probably went unnecessarily massive with this, also missed writing down a couple of the tenno reinforcements of weapons being added, and a sentinel and somewhere on the way there was also Rhino Prime release with Boltor Prime and a couple others i dont remember think was between u12 and u13 not entirely sure

along with forgetting to put the newest event that was a few weeks ago, cryotic front, introduced new mission replacing survival on planets (removed after event so not yet fully implemented) and gave dual stat cold/status proc mods

Edited by Orochi259

Ah yes the Soma, I log back in and it's still equipped and un-maxed and thankfully I already own the Dual Ichors and the Acrid from back in the day.

Anything new in the Warframe meta, I know there are new frames but anyone you would recommend playing ? I have my sights on Valkyr.

Yeah I heard the thing about helm stats, interesting..

Melee 2.0 with stances are an interesting addition, is it useful in high tier content or do we all just go back to spamming E ?

People are still hyping over Rhino. I think its just the unskilled player's easy way to Tower 4 Void myself. I think it'll be nerfed eventually. Valkyr is very good, she has the highest armour rating in the game, so make sure to give her Steel Fibre. She also has a lot of damage output with her ultimate ability, Hysteria, which causes her to become invulnerable and spawns a set of high-damage claws comparable to the Dual Ichor in stats and functionality.

Stances are subjective depending on which weapon, and which stance it is. The go to set was Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish stance, but ive heard rumors its been secretly nerfed a few hotfixes ago.

So.. What's new ? 

I left just prior to Patch 11.0 after having put in 220+ hours into this game and the grind fest starting to get real; while the many issues at the time weren't being addressed.

I decide to revisit Warframe after seeing Destiny (and what a let down that was) and craved some ninja Tenno parkour action, so I re-downloaded the game played the prologue and here I am.

Go to youtube and check the 5 minute recaps of all the major updates.

Also, update 15 is coming along and it's going to introduce a whole to gametype;

Mecha wings, huge sword and guns, in space pewpew full out rampage. Youtube search ''Archwing''. Along with some other stuff.

And uhh.. there's a dude that makes videos that recap devstreams.

Let's see some more that made an impact on me...

- Still grindy

- Katanas!

- Ash's ultimate now does clones! :3 So it's actually usable and even more awesome with the animations.

- Kubrows (Basically attack dogs that cost a crapton to upkeep)

Among other quite cool things. :3

People are still hyping over Rhino. I think its just the unskilled player's easy way to Tower 4 Void myself. I think it'll be nerfed eventually. Valkyr is very good, she has the highest armour rating in the game, so make sure to give her Steel Fibre. She also has a lot of damage output with her ultimate ability, Hysteria, which causes her to become invulnerable and spawns a set of high-damage claws comparable to the Dual Ichor in stats and functionality.

Stances are subjective depending on which weapon, and which stance it is. The go to set was Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish stance, but ive heard rumors its been secretly nerfed a few hotfixes ago.

Haha Is the Bo Staff a viable weapon now ? I always liked it's concept and I heard it was buffed.

Thanks Valkyr it is ! 

Go to youtube and check the 5 minute recaps of all the major updates.

Also, update 15 is coming along and it's going to introduce a whole to gametype;

Mecha wings, huge sword and guns, in space pewpew full out rampage. Youtube search ''Archwing''. Along with some other stuff.

And uhh.. there's a dude that makes videos that recap devstreams.

Let's see some more that made an impact on me...

- Still grindy

- Katanas!

- Ash's ultimate now does clones! :3 So it's actually usable and even more awesome with the animations.

- Kubrows (Basically attack dogs that cost a crapton to upkeep)

Among other quite cool things. :3

Yes, partly the reason why I came back was upon seeing the Archwing trailer, damn DE - I only have so many clean pants. Oh I see, my brother will be interested in the new Ash ultimate, he always liked the 'frame but it was lackluster.

snip

Thanks for the detailed post ! What is this new quest system you speak of ?

Edited by Keyza

So.. What's new ? 

No real end game.

The grinding with an RNG chance at the loot you want is still the annoying RNG to RNG. 

The alliance system is still rather useless. 

A moba style PvP over contested areas. 

I have been not been playing Warframe. I'm tired of waiting for an end game for PvE. Other than that, your missing nothing spectacular. 

No real end game.

The grinding with an RNG chance at the loot you want is still the annoying RNG to RNG. 

The alliance system is still rather useless. 

A moba style PvP over contested areas. 

I have been not been playing Warframe. I'm tired of waiting for an end game for PvE. Other than that, your missing nothing spectacular. 

Yeah and these were the problems I had with the game before I left, I still have not gotten Despair despite obtaining multiple blueprints in Stalker's arsenal.

Would you kindly elaborate further on the Alliance and PVP for Contesting Areas ?

Yeah and these were the problems I had with the game before I left, I still have not gotten Despair despite obtaining multiple blueprints in Stalker's arsenal.

Would you kindly elaborate further on the Alliance and PVP for Contesting Areas ?

An alliance is where many clans come together under an alliance. Being in an alliance is the better option to attack, defend or hold onto a solar rail. The solar rail is constructed by a clan or alliance, when used it allows access to a mission previously locked which has high yields of materials and credits. Here is the sad part, the clan or alliance that controls that mission can tax the people that play that mission. Still no point in attacking, other than to be a greedy little bastard or remove a high tax on that mission. I do not participate in the solar rail missions at all.

When the solar rail is contested by another clan or alliance is when the PvP starts. The PvP is 4 vs 4 in a moba style game. You unlock your mods as you gain xp in the mission. You either attack or defend and this system has been exploited and it still is. When this first came out, the servers where being DDoS by clans/alliances that want to remain in control and no matter what DE says I will continue to think this was the cause of the DDoS. 

Haha Is the Bo Staff a viable weapon now ? I always liked it's concept and I heard it was buffed.

Thanks Valkyr it is ! 

Yes, partly the reason why I came back was upon seeing the Archwing trailer, damn DE - I only have so many clean pants. Oh I see, my brother will be interested in the new Ash ultimate, he always liked the 'frame but it was lackluster.

Thanks for the detailed post ! What is this new quest system you speak of ?

I had the Bo with the Stance for it (and now have Amphis, going through melee for mastery xp) they do okay, Bo prime will likely be the best of the staff weapons, pretty much all melee weapons are viable to a degree now of course this doesn't mean they can all go to the player created 'end game' but they're all somewhat useful on normal missions, even skana is actually semi-useful if you get the stance and mod it a bit

new quest system has 3 quests currently though has the groundwork for DE to add more at a later date

first quest (which i don't have on pc, have on my cousins XBone since all accounts can use gold from 1 on it) is the Prologue quest which is started when you first play/opt into prologue if you have played before, is the tutorial an has special versions of missions and enemies there drop 'damaged' mods, which all have max rank of 3 some of which are less effective tha normal counterparts and use less warframe energy

second quest is Kubrow quest, to get your pet Kubrow, leads you through getting the incubator installed, getting an incubator core and an egg and getting your kubrow able to be used in missions via the defense mission after its grown where its what your defending, there are 4 types of pet kubrow, 1 stealth kill type, 1 tank type, 1 scavenger that digs up ammo and stuff (i forget the other one and their names)

third and currently final quest is for the new warframe Mirage that i mentioned in my massive post, 5 orokin derelict vaults need to be found for resources you get `1 from each, quest specific once you have bought the quest blueprint, then a riddle followed by 3 missions on infested ships each giving the riddle for the next missions name they dont have special symbols but will show as what they are as part of the quest when hovered over, and after all 3 you can buy main bp from market, main bp = 3 pieces you got BPs for from missions + 1 Argon crystal to craft Mirage

argon crystal = time limited void resource, you lose 1 every day from your stock of them

Edited by Orochi259