Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spectator Slot In Mission Lobby

kingdingeling77

Problem: Lag.

How does Lag actually occur in the game. Is it based on ping times or host system specs?

Ping times can be restricted within the options menu. I've noticed that the game seems automatically to be picking the most powerful host when joing a misssion, ignoring who created the game lobby.

Offtopic:

I really love the decentralised lobby system, but with growing game content and surperior graphics it kind of smells like dedicated servers in the making.

It's far too early in this game's life to put a spectator mode and it wasn't designed to have one, i think.

Moreover, it has no competitive side to it (meaning e-sports), so why bother? Coding it would require a considerable effort on their part, and they already have their work cut out for them - tons of bugs in the game still etc. etc.

Edited by Draconian

How would it lag?It would work mostly like the death screen , just that you can move freely .

When one person is in the death screen you still only have four players. A host and three clients. If you add an extra 'spectator slot' then you've got a host and four clients. More stress on the host's connection and more lag.