Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockdown Despite Iron Skin

skillabstinenz

According to the wiki, Iron skin is supposed to ignore all cc debuffs.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_%28Warframe%29

However, I think that this should be a thing. Just because you have an impenetrable layer of armor, you shouldn't be immune to a knockdown. If you were wearing full platemail armor, I could still knock you over and you'd fall on the ground.

something proc'd that shouldn't have been able to.

...they also haven't fixed the knockdown direction yet...if you get blasted from the front and you get knocked forward, something is terribly wrong.

Had this with Volt as well, he hid behind his energy wall, and a bombard hits the shield and Volt comes flying out from behind it, directly towards the Bombard. Like, wtf, seriously? (Not to mention that Snowglobe and similar 'shields' and even real walls do not stop AoE blasts...I figure they fix this eventually, considering they're making abilities such as Radial Blind unable to go through solid objects)

However, I think that this should be a thing. Just because you have an impenetrable layer of armor, you shouldn't be immune to a knockdown. If you were wearing full platemail armor, I could still knock you over and you'd fall on the ground.

1. I don't play games for realism's sake.

2. Iron Skin was already nerfed multiple times.

3. If I just wanted a shield, I would use Redirection etc., which also regenerates itself and doesn't cost energy to function. The CC-immunity is the key feature of Iron Skin!

4. If it's realistic or not is not the point, but if it's a bug or not. I think yes, else it would be another "hidden" Iron Skin nerf.

5. Plate mail? Well it matches "Iron Skin"! Steel (alloy) was already present in the middle ages. Today we have ABS, Kevlar and others. Inconceivable what aliens will have in the future. Iron would be to heavy to be effective against projectiles. So realistically speaking it would make you heavy/slow and only protect against slashing attacks. Arguing with realism isn't constructive.

1. I don't play games for realism's sake.

2. Iron Skin was already nerfed multiple times.

3. If I just wanted a shield, I would use Redirection etc., which also regenerates itself and doesn't cost energy to function. The CC-immunity is the key feature of Iron Skin!

4. If it's realistic or not is not the point, but if it's a bug or not. I think yes, else it would be another "hidden" Iron Skin nerf.

5. Plate mail? Well it matches "Iron Skin"! Steel (alloy) was already present in the middle ages. Today we have ABS, Kevlar and others. Inconceivable what aliens will have in the future. Iron would be to heavy to be effective against projectiles. So realistically speaking it would make you heavy/slow and only protect against slashing attacks. Arguing with realism isn't constructive.

Eh, I was just an opinion. Some powers are receiving reworks that make it somewhat more realistic. (excal's leaked RB rework for example) If it didn't outright prevent knockdowns and just reduced the chance for a knockdown due to blast proc to something like 5% or less, I think that's fair.

But again, it was just an opinion. I don't disagree that it's bugged though.

well if that feature was removed, no one would use rhino. there would be no point in still being able to be knocked down. Rhino is heavy without his skin, adding 500 more pounds of energy in the form of metal plating will be impossible to knock down unless you are lephantis.