Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fists As Melee

MegpoidBeetle

Probably not the first one to come up with this idea, but maybe I should remind DE!

So I think that it'd be logical for Warframes to use their bare hands for melee if it's unequipped just like in Escape missions and Rhino doing it in The Profit trailer.

I mean we don't really need a jet-powered hammer or a magical sword to knock some justice into our foes do we now?

To me the only reason to leave a slot empty is to channel incoming XP into the fewer pieces of gear you do have. I think the issue wouldn't even come up if "overflow" XP on max rank items could be diverted into items that haven't reached max rank, thus removing the need to leave melee slot empty.

If i remember right they reason why Rhino was bare handed (as much as that can be said about a heavily armored bio-technological void powered armor) in the trailer was because the designers thought the actual fist and sparing weapons would look too weird.

Half the stuff in the game looks weird anyway. Besides has everyone forgot about the mission where you get captured by Zanuka? You get to punch stuffs :( (for some reason they were using Obex's animation tho)

It'd be nice if you could punch without melee, if only for opening loot.

Half the stuff in the game looks weird anyway. Besides has everyone forgot about the mission where you get captured by Zanuka? You get to punch stuffs :( (for some reason they were using Obex's animation tho)

I think it's fine, personally, using the hands-and-feet style of those weapons.

Or just implement weapon smack when you don't equip melee weapon.  Probably can copy and paste from mobs and no need to think of a stance and damage calculation.

Or a boxing style punches with low damage and low speed which you can't mod as a draw back. So you don't just stand there and let a corups smack you in the face. I think the closest we prolly get is the option to hide melee weapons or replace their animation with a different attack style.

Edited by genclaymore

• 4 weeks later...

Especially in the Shifting Sands tactical mission, where a melee weapon is less useful and people don't bring it there (-exceptions). A fat Grineer bloke hits me with the butt of his gun, I am out of bullets and cannot even punch him. Now what?

Especially in the Shifting Sands tactical mission, where a melee weapon is less useful and people don't bring it there (-exceptions). A fat Grineer bloke hits me with the butt of his gun, I am out of bullets and cannot even punch him. Now what?

For the moment I just rely on jump kicks when I ran out of bullets. Unorthodox but it deals decent amount of damage especially if it's a headshot. So now we just wait for DE to implement this and all will be well.