Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's All The Zephy Love?

HalfDarkShadow

turbulence redirects ALL projectiles, and effects enemies with hitscan guns within its range. When you build with overextended and stretch, it has enough range to almost never get hit, even with narrow minded. Because

1. most tiles are small

2. enemies have limited attack range

3. the gorgon is so inaccurate, that even if heavy gunners attack you from outside of the range, they'll miss anyway

you have a solid point about bombards and napalms, but otherwise turbulence is one of the best skills in the game. + mobility + tornado to buy some time if things get ugly. MUCH better than rhino/prime, unless you play in low levels, where iron skin is worth something

Yeah how exactly does it work on hitscans anyways? Currently I modded for maximum range but I still feel I get hit alot by Grineer guns so I'm considering a Narrow minded and play with reduced range since it's not all THAT effective in my experience against Grineer anyways

Yeah how exactly does it work on hitscans anyways? Currently I modded for maximum range but I still feel I get hit alot by Grineer guns so I'm considering a Narrow minded and play with reduced range since it's not all THAT effective in my experience against Grineer anyways

it has 2 ranges: the inner, and the outer.

non-hitscan projectiles are redirected at the inner circle, anyone inside it is safe from those (such as sentinels). If it is large enough, you can protect the objective in defense/MD

it has a larger outer circle, which disables the enemy aim inside of it - this is why you need the range mods, or tail wind up close to them. If they are in range, you can stand in front of 3 heavy gunners without being hit. However, snipers still hit you from afar. Also note, that it is not a globe, but a cylinder, so the jetpack guys can hit you from above

AOE explosions (bombards), the napalms fire, and Vor's tesla nades are unaffected. Since all these are grineer, you are right, it is not THAT effective against them, but you still barely get hit if you position yourself good enough. Also, in the void there are no napalms/bombards, only Vor.

it has 2 ranges: the inner, and the outer.

non-hitscan projectiles are redirected at the inner circle, anyone inside it is safe from those (such as sentinels). If it is large enough, you can protect the objective in defense/MD

it has a larger outer circle, which disables the enemy aim inside of it - this is why you need the range mods, or tail wind up close to them. If they are in range, you can stand in front of 3 heavy gunners without being hit. However, snipers still hit you from afar. Also note, that it is not a globe, but a cylinder, so the jetpack guys can hit you from above

AOE explosions (bombards), the napalms fire, and Vor's tesla nades are unaffected. Since all these are grineer, you are right, it is not THAT effective against them, but you still barely get hit if you position yourself good enough. Also, in the void there are no napalms/bombards, only Vor.

Oh ok so the reason I keep getting hit is because of enemies firing outside of the outer range. Atm I do run maximum power range though. Then again most grineer I fight are on Kiste which has very huge corridors and large open spaces.

Do you personally think it's worth running Narrow minded? Its a big boost to turbulence duration but also a hit to power range. Maybe only keep the power range when up against Grineer? Since Turbulence pretty much gives immunity inside of the void and against Corpus regardless of power range.

Also do you have any experience with other Zephyr builds? Currently I only use Turbulence and a tail wind which I'm even considering replacing with a different mod.

I personally really hate Zephyr. I don't like the floaty-ness because it makes getting around kinda slow.

I'm partial to using the long jump, but on Zephyr, that move is disastrous...

Turbulence is nice and all, but it does virtually nothing against the infested.

She's also relatively squishy, so at higher levels, Zephyr pretty much keels over for me once the energy runs out.

And Tornado? UGH! A waste of 100 energy, honestly, unless all you wanted to do is stall the enemies, instead of kill them.

I mean, she's not necessarily a BAD frame, objectively speaking, I just have too many frames that are so much better.

I personally really hate Zephyr. I don't like the floaty-ness because it makes getting around kinda slow.

She's also relatively squishy, so at higher levels, Zephyr pretty much keels over for me once the energy runs out.

And Tornado? UGH! A waste of 100 energy, honestly, unless all you wanted to do is stall the enemies, instead of kill them.

I mean, she's not necessarily a BAD frame, objectively speaking, I just have too many frames that are so much better.^

^ ALL OF THIS

I love zephyr myself, but I could see how some people may not like her.  Tornado is a pain in the @$$ #4 skill, and divebomb is nearly useless.  She is an excellent tank though, unless you are playing infested.

Y'know, she's pretty good against infested, too. Her turbulence deflects grappling hooks, and tornado can push away any infested while reviving a team mate.

Wow! I wasn't expecting so many people to respond and discuss about this! So I thank you for that! (:

I read everyone's comments, seeing where everyone was coming from!

And a huge thank you to users like Zhyzak for taking the time to really write out their thoughts on her!

The only thing though I would like to respond to:

It might have been some bad luck when you were using her, but a fully-leveled Zephyr is currently the only Warframe to have maximum health and shield, "each at a value of 450" (quote from wiki).

​But beyond that, I'll share my thoughts and experiences with her.
My experiences with her personally have been great. In regards with her 4th ability, I never had issues with Tornado like alot of you have. I didn't actually know that Tornado causes frustration with other players to be honest! Even during void missions, I never had once a player complain about it. Also noting I don't necessarily spam it, but Tornado does the job for me and the team when doing Void Defense/Interception, etc. Especially during late game Void, when enemies really start suffocating us; even if Tornado doesn't necessarily kill them per-say, it really does though clear the room enough to pick off all the other enemies while heavygunners and moa's are being flung around lol.

Divebomb, I only really use it for mobility. Especially when zinging around, it stops you right on your tracks, so its nice not to overshoot where I want to land lol. I also never thought about using the mod to compliment Divebomb. Because so far, if I land or even touch an enemy, I notice that it almost never knocks any enemies over, which can be frustrating at times~
Of course though, this is with my personal experience with her, so I'm only speaking for myself here.

But still, thank you all again! I was always so curious on everyone's thoughts on her, and in general why I never really see her around hehe~

(:

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

-snip-

People dislike Tornado because it blows enemies (and loot) all over the place. A good CC skill keeps the enemies in place and bunched up for easy pickings. Tornado draws the game out unnecessarily long without being very useful in return. I personally don't even have it equipped on my Zephyr.

Divebomb can be nice so you don't overshoot but after a bit of play you get used to the distance and you don't need it anymore and you can use the slot for something useful.

Turbulence in my opinion is the only skill worth using. But as said before gives immortality in the void but is useless in infested missions. Personally I think turbulence needs some tweaks and Tornado a complete rework.

Tornado is intended to be used to thin large mobs and prevent a team from getting overwhelmed. People's complaints so far suggest that it stalls the game by flinging around enemies, but that's simply not the case. The range for each tornado is small enough that plenty of enemies are unaffected and are there to be killed. By the time they're dealt with, the duration is up. People also seem to forget their usefulness in proc'ing enemies. Radiation can really up the CC capabilities it has, and viral or corrosive can be pretty devastating against the right enemies, and really ease tackling heavies and even bosses, who don't get tossed around.

Aye, okay. I will not bore you with a repeat of what I said to the quote above. I don't disagree with you. At the moment, I am not good enough nor have high enough level mods for my weapons to survive in 20 minute low level survival modes without the damage skills or at least the healing of Trinity. So until I am she really can't do anything for me. Plus, they really need to do something with dive bomb, or just throw it out and give her a teleport skill where you can effectively teleport behind the back of the targeted bad guy. Or something else, just brainstorming. 

Anyway, I don't doubt you. But I think I will stick to leveling Trinity until I feel I can actually use Zephyr to her potential. I am tired of hitting my head on the ceiling. :P

My advice for if you want to try her again is to go into Corpus survival or defense. All you have to do is press 3 and watch as the game instantly becomes impossible to lose.

I mean, she's not necessarily a BAD frame, objectively speaking, I just have too many frames that are so much better.

See below:

Turbulence is fantastic. It's effectively a snow globe with infinite health that moves with you and doesn't block ally fire. In practice I've stood in front of corrupted heavy gunners for minutes at a time without taking a single hit. It even works against the Stalker. She has one of the game's few remaining god modes, and unlike Hydroid's trollpool and Valkyr's hysteria you still get to shoot guns and mobility skills.

TLDR Zephyr is both the most mobile frame in the game and one of the tankiest.

She's not that squishy... high base health/shields. Mine's a beast with max Vitality/Redirection, usually 1.1k hp and shields, the only thing she's lacking is base armor. But Turbulence pretty much means you can always recharge your shields if the enemy isn't Infested.

With Streamline/Flow, mine never runs out of energy, either. Zephyr doesn't even have any spammable abilities that would make a dent in my energy pool (which is a problem, btw, all warframes should have abilities that you actually want to use frequently, especially spammable attacks like Smite/Fireball/Shock/etc).

Tail Wind is cheap, and I only pop Turbulence when my shields are down a little or if I know the incoming gunfire is going to be crazy. And obviously Tornado is terrible except for an emergency where you want to stall the enemies (say, for a Revive) so I never waste energy on it. But anyway, I don't even know how it's possible to have energy problems on Zephyr.

I'll admit that she does need something VS infested, and that Tornado is a joke that needs to be reworked so that the entire playerbase doesn't hate it.

Edited by Zhyzak

I love Zephyr, she is so much fun to play. Her first ability never gets old. Her second ability is badass, too bad it's so weak. Her third ability has saved her life with me countless times. Her ultimate is a good panic button, though I don't spam it cause other players get bothered. But it's good crowd control.

Yeah, she's pretty great. And she's very durable, and maneuvrable due to her low gravity. And she looks really cool. Go Zephyr!

45 oxium before I can show her some love. Nearly there!! ;)

(I never farm or grind anything in a game, so it's taken me a while.)

hehe ''show her some love'' xD (me and my mind lol)

ontopic: Zephyr is a really fun frame to play, her skills are fun and usefull and i love her lower gravity passive ^^, overall a awesome frame that is worth every oxium and credits you use to build her.

For me Zeph's my Void girl... Well she or Nyx, depending on how i feel... But yeah, i rarely take her on public matches because too many people spam:"STAHP TRNADE!" and somehow manage to fail missions when i do succumb to the sea of pleas...

I do admit that i'm a bit of a tornado-head, since i like the skill so friggin' much...

On a side note - i don't get the hate against Tornado, since most of the time, it has flung dudes away from the consoles or pods, and allowed me personally and my (sometimes) grumbling teammates to pick them off while they are down, or force them to move towards the pod again (not shooting it) so they can be dealt with...

And whoever says that Zeph's weak either doesn't have Redirection/Vitality on or stands like a rod in heavy gunfire...

Edited by Psychotoxin

Oh ok so the reason I keep getting hit is because of enemies firing outside of the outer range. Atm I do run maximum power range though. Then again most grineer I fight are on Kiste which has very huge corridors and large open spaces.

Do you personally think it's worth running Narrow minded? Its a big boost to turbulence duration but also a hit to power range. Maybe only keep the power range when up against Grineer? Since Turbulence pretty much gives immunity inside of the void and against Corpus regardless of power range.

Also do you have any experience with other Zephyr builds? Currently I only use Turbulence and a tail wind which I'm even considering replacing with a different mod.

no, i don't have any special "secret" builds. i always run max efficiency on her, so narrow minded is almost required to keep the duration up. It's not a problem for me, because i mostly use shotguns/amprex/etc, so i fight generally up close, and use cover to avoid getting hit from distance.

i wouldn't leave tail wind out, it is one of the most fun skills in the game. Also, really helpful while getting to downed teammates/LS. I tried dive bomb+heavy impact, and an aviator focused build too, but didn't really liked them.

turbulence prevents ancients to grab you, but i agree, that it is more useful against other factions.

having the most base health and shield is "relatively squishy" compared to a lvl50 heavy gunner, but not the other frames, lol

tornado is not for killing enemies. this guy said it already:

I do get why ppl hate Tornado, but I only use it on high level reviving...

Why is gathering all enemies for loot or explosions more important than staying alive??  Either way, Tornado will stay as my emergency ability