Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost - Ember - Saryn

OwN3D7

Today i wanted to talk about frost - ember- saryn.

Not understand why the Frost should be slowed down by ice, or Ember should suffer damage from mobs with auras of fire and Sayrn taking damage from poison auras of other mobs. It would be much appreciated by many players if you would change that.

First, let me say that you got +1 for your nick, X3Evanescence.

Now, a little natural resistance against some elements would be nice, but can start a "why nnn frame have this and ttt frames not, they all warframes after all" with some players. Maybe if the Frost take more time to freeze in ice, or if Ember take more time to burn, it's a little but good change I think.

Why would they not take damage? I don't get it...

They still have a physical human body, you know.

but it doesn't make sense when frost's shields capacity gets lower on a ice hazard but he can spend most of the time in his snow globe and not getting his shields hurt because he is on a normal hazard.

However, do keep in mind elemental control =/= elemental resistance. They may be seen together, but they do not go hand in hand.

This is true, however most of the frames emit these elements directly out of the frame, so in the very least they can withstand their own power without damaging themselves

but it doesn't make sense when frost's shields capacity gets lower on a ice hazard but he can spend most of the time in his snow globe and not getting his shields hurt because he is on a normal hazard.

This is the part where I tell you that it's a game, because that's the only explanation for that one.

Since Zephyr got her 'passive' (fall down slower) I support the idea of Warframes gettin a 'passive'. It could be elemental resistance for the Warframes you mentioned or something else. Like Mirage got her extra speed in certain animations/movements.

This guy is right. Zephyr and Mirage being harder to get may be why they have passives, where most other don't, but it would make more sense if Warframes get more passives relating to their abilities.

Possibly instead of resistance, have a portion of that particular damage type (Cold for Frost, Fire for Ember, Electric for Volt, Poison for Saryn, etc) be absorbed for a small buff of some type, such as 5 energy, a small HoT, or a buff to the next warframe power used.

It'd be nice, but it'd not be fair. Would mean some frames have an obvious resistance (Fire, Ice, Electricity, Poison), while others would be left behind for not being elemental in nature. What would they do then? Just leave the un-elementals (Loki, Excalibur, Ash, Trinity, Nekros, Nyx...and such) or the ones that don't have damage matching their element (Hydroid, Zephyr, Nova...) behind in terms of a bonus resistance?

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I think the idea seems good, but maybe instead of immunity, maybe have heavy resistance against said element 

I.E: When facing off against a napalm, ember/ ember prime should receive a small percentage of the base damage of an attack(20%-30%) with knock back resistance.  Another possible idea is that depending on the frame they get buffed in a way, so instead of taking toxic damge, Saryn can regain health, Volt could potentially doubles damge of his abilities for an alloted amount of time when taking shock damage. You get the gist.