Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Did The Stat Chance Go?

Lord_Stormy

Is it just me or does it bother other people too that I can get 55% stat chance to karak but when it comes to melee

there are no weapons that benefit at all with the stat chance mods the closest is galitine starting with a 20% stat chance while all the others are roughly 10%  

I can get weapons like galxeon to a 100%

I can get weapons like boar prime to 100%

these are ranged items id expect melee items to have better stat chance due to the fact I have to move right next to an enemy and expose myself to hit them

so why, why is it that all the guns in the game are way more powerful then the melee still I thought melee 2.0 was supposed to fix this

mostly what I've noticed is more nerfs then buffs from melee 2.0 case and point dark sword they made is a pure radiation sword but didn't take the dam from the penetration and slash dam and place it into the radiation

darksword before the update

was something like 15 pen dam

30 slash dam

37 radiation dam

darksword now only 37 radiation dam 

this is a significant drop in dam

it should have changed into 82 radiation dam combining all the dam type loss to keep from nerfing the weapon    

so I feel that all the melee should be buffed once again

and have either a dam buff or stat chance buff

to balance out the guns

Sincerely, Rynefall 

Edited by Rynefall

Is it just me or does it bother other people too that I can get 55% stat chance to karak but when it comes to melee

there are no weapons that benefit at all with the stat chance mods the closest is galitine starting with a 20% stat chance while all the others are roughly 10%  

I can get weapons like galxeon to a 100%

I can get weapons like boar prime to 100%

these are ranged items id expect melee items to have better stat chance due to the fact I have to move right next to an enemy and expose myself to hit them

so why, why is it that all the guns in the game are way more powerful then the melee still I thought melee 2.0 was supposed to fix this

mostly what I've noticed is more nerfs then buffs from melee 2.0 case and point dark sword they made is a pure radiation sword but didn't take the dam from the penetration and slash dam and place it into the radiation

darksword before the update

was something like 15 pen dam

30 slash dam

37 radiation dam

darksword now only 37 radiation dam 

this is a significant drop in dam

it should have changed into 82 radiation dam combining all the dam type loss to keep from nerfing the weapon    

so I feel that all the melee should be buffed once again

and have either a dam buff or stat chance buff

to balance out the guns

Sincerely, Rynefall 

Guns don't return health or multiply damage as they hit more targets.

Though it's true it's something I was expecting as well, there's a little thing I'd like to note.

Silva & Aegis has 20% status chance.

Kronen also has 20% status chance.

Jat Kittag has 25% status chance.

It's still not a lot, but it does seem like only the newer ones get a high status chance, while older weapons don't get a little review on it.

Edited by Casardis

Guns don't return health or multiply damage as they hit more targets.

most of the time the dam multiple is very useless I honestly don't like it its hard to understand and doesn't build up fast enough to make a difference because its increased by kills not strikes

as for the vamp mod what dose that have to do with damage also its cost is way to high to be effective at what it dose

Though it's true it's something I was expecting as well, there's a little thing I'd like to note.

It's still not a lot, but it does seem like only the newer ones get a high status chance, while older weapons don't get a little review on it.

thank you kind sir I'm glad there where more weapons then I thought however I still feel like more weapons should be like this

also i'd like to point out that there are mods melee don't have that increase stat chance as guns do mainly hammershot +40% and multishot mods they add roughly +15%

thank you kind sir I'm glad there where more weapons then I thought however I still feel like more weapons should be like this

also i'd like to point out that there are mods melee don't have that increase stat chance as guns do mainly hammershot +40% and multishot mods they add roughly +15%

True, which is why I agreed with you. Melee should use a balance look overall to be honest, down to the Melee 2.0 system itself. In certain cases, damage can be way too ridiculous, while in other cases, weapons are clearly underpowered even though they shouldn't. I'm glad that, during the last devstream, Scott said he'll look into heavy weapons at least!

Because half of the stance combos in the game have 100% status chance on the last hit.

useless most enemies don't even last the last hit nor do many people go that far with a combo

and you forget those 100% stats are pre installed stats that are not in anyway a proc

a stat hit and a proc hit are way diff not to mention most proc hits are based off the total dam where as stat hits are pre set amounts of dam unable to be staked

That is full of bullS#&$.

what weapon do you use do you use a OP stance like crimson dervish and OP weapon like dakra prime or do you use a weapon like galitine and rending crane there is a big diff in dmg between the weapons far to vast to be considered much Varity on what can be used only a fair few can barely profit from the dmg counter

honestly the dmg counter should be by successful strikes not kills

it should also have a max of 4

Edited by Rynefall

Well with Excalibur's radial blind, or ash and loki's invisibility crit buff, it can be pretty powerful,but as far as the weapons go by themselves... /\/\/\/\/\ UP WITH DA POWA.

Oh and also #ChargeAttacksNeedToReturn

But not how they were, like how it was discussed here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/293722-who-misses-charge-attacks/

Please go through all of the pages and look at the different ways people came up with(it towards the end of the topic when the good ones come up.

Edited by BoomToon43

Guest Tehnoobshow

useless most enemies don't even last the last hit nor do many people go that far with a combo

and you forget those 100% stats are pre installed stats that are not in anyway a proc

a stat hit and a proc hit are way diff not to mention most proc hits are based off the total dam where as stat hits are pre set amounts of dam unable to be staked

They are most definitely a proc. The damage may not be based off a regular strike, depending on the stance, but it is still based off the weapon's damage. Check the wiki. Damage procs are useless anyway, because you can just kill them faster, while other procs do what they're supposed to regardless of damage. And if you can kill stuff in one hit then you don't need procs, period. Procs only become useful when you can't kill stuff in one hit and need to weaken or stun enemies.

Well with Excalibur's radial blind, or ash and loki's invisibility crit buff, it can be pretty powerful,but as far as the weapons go by themselves... /\/\/\/\/\ UP WITH DA POWA.

Oh and also #ChargeAttacksNeedToReturn

But not how they were, like how it was discussed here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/293722-who-misses-charge-attacks/

Please go through all of the pages and look at the different pages(it towards the end of the topic when the good ones come up.

I understand what your presenting but I saying for all the frames to benefit and be balanced against the guns

currently I'd love to have a volt with only a galitine no other weapons equipped but I can't due this due to the huge dmg gap between the guns being more powerful the the melee  

and it feels like enemies are tailored to the dam that guns can dish out rather then the melee

the first thing in a T 4 rendered mute is the melee honestly it should be the last due to the whole expose fact

Edited by Rynefall

Guest Tehnoobshow

what weapon do you use do you use a OP stance like crimson dervish and OP weapon like dakra prime or do you use a weapon like galitine and rending crane there is a big diff in dmg between the weapons far to vast to be considered much Varity on what can be used only a fair few can barely profit from the dmg counter

honestly the dmg counter should be by successful strikes not kills

it should also have a max of 4

They are based on strikes. Just try using the Obex or Kogake, you'll get like 2.5x on one heavy.

Guest Tehnoobshow

only a galitine no other weapons equipped

That's your problem right there. The galantine is a terrible weapon and in serious need of a buff. Try using the Dual Zoren or Scoliac.

There is an edit function, and you can quote multiple posts at a time.

You've basically answered your own question: It doesn't really help when the enemy is already dead. Applies to just about all special effects. It might be flashy or something, but the end result is dead enemies. If you're not killing enemies with a hit or two, then you are either doing something wrong with your builds, or best of luck with your wave 50 T4.

On topic of the benefits of melee, the additional things melee can do supersede other weapons in game as it is a different playstyle that accomplishes different things. Whether or not you can accomplish successful combo multipliers is not really something that bothers the rest of us. I certainly have no trouble upping the multiplier in a short amount of time. It does make for considerably more powerful attacks. Life drain is also a serious addition and makes for quite the invincibility combo if you weren't aware.

There are also weapons that have noticeable status chances, as has been pointed out, so much like the rest of the weapon classes, there are only select types that benefit more from status chance increases. Nothing really differs here from the remainder of all other weapon types. Some weapons just have better stats than others in specific categories (i.e. crit chance, crit damage, hit rate, etc).

Stances with 100% proc chance are one of those things that isn't written anywhere, but are known from datamining and other information. It is literally absolute status chances or various additional damage increases, not 'pre-installed stats' or something else as you are supposing.

I understand what your presenting but I saying for all the frames to benefit and be balanced against the guns

currently I'd love to have a volt with only a galitine no other weapons equipped but I can't due this due to the huge dmg gap between the guns being more powerful the the melee  

and it feels like enemies are tailored to the dam that guns can dish out rather then the melee

the first thing in a T 4 rendered mute is the melee honestly it should be the last due to the whole expose fact

Unfortunately it sounds like the root issue you are having is that you are using Galatine. This used to be a nice top tier weapon back in the day when we had charge attack damage (and only charge attacks mattered), but the devs are already aware of this shortfall with all 'heavy' weapons presently in game, as noted by the subject coming up in the last devstream. If the root of your argument centers around the usage of Galatine, it's simply a matter of switching to a more suitable weapon.

If you want to do more damage, be more effective, and have a chance at increasing your damage multiplier, switch to a different far more powerful weapon, like Orthos Prime or Dakra Prime (or Orthos, Dual Ichor, Jat Kittag, etc). 

It is by successful strikes. 5 stikes gives you 1.5x damage, 15 gives 2x,  45 gives 2.5x and so on.

that's a terrible stack equation  1 hit should be .5 at a max of 4 or 2 hits should be .5 at a max of 4

your never gonna see 10 grinneer and place 45 hits by the time you reach the 5th one your team has slain them laughing at you as they run past

many games utilize this feature but don't make it nearly as ridicules as land 45 hits for only 2.5x oooo yay I managed to somehow land that many hits and I now do 70 dam as opposed to 35 for 6 sec wow

that's a terrible stack equation  1 hit should be .5 at a max of 4 or 2 hits should be .5 at a max of 4

your never gonna see 10 grinneer and place 45 hits by the time you reach the 5th one your team has slain them laughing at you as they run past

many games utilize this feature but don't make it nearly as ridicules as land 45 hits for only 2.5x oooo yay I managed to somehow land that many hits and I now do 70 dam as opposed to 35 for 6 sec wow

Yeah, that would be pretty hard... in game modes like Exterminate, Rescue, Sabotage, etc. Thankfully those modes are not ones you need to really play for any reason beyond passing a particular point on the map. Mobile Defense, Endless Defense and Survival have plenty of enemies to consecutively hit. With the exception of Exterminate, Defense, and Survival, you really don't even need to kill enemies in the first place.

There is an edit function, and you can quote multiple posts at a time.

You've basically answered your own question: It doesn't really help when the enemy is already dead. Applies to just about all special effects. It might be flashy or something, but the end result is dead enemies. If you're not killing enemies with a hit or two, then you are either doing something wrong with your builds, or best of luck with your wave 50 T4.

On topic of the benefits of melee, the additional things melee can do supersede other weapons in game as it is a different playstyle that accomplishes different things. Whether or not you can accomplish successful combo multipliers is not really something that bothers the rest of us. I certainly have no trouble upping the multiplier in a short amount of time. It does make for considerably more powerful attacks. Life drain is also a serious addition and makes for quite the invincibility combo if you weren't aware.

There are also weapons that have noticeable status chances, as has been pointed out, so much like the rest of the weapon classes, there are only select types that benefit more from status chance increases. Nothing really differs here from the remainder of all other weapon types. Some weapons just have better stats than others in specific categories (i.e. crit chance, crit damage, hit rate, etc).

Stances with 100% proc chance are one of those things that isn't written anywhere, but are known from datamining and other information. It is literally absolute status chances or various additional damage increases, not 'pre-installed stats' or something else as you are supposing.

Unfortunately it sounds like the root issue you are having is that you are using Galatine. This used to be a nice top tier weapon back in the day when we had charge attack damage (and only charge attacks mattered), but the devs are already aware of this shortfall with all 'heavy' weapons presently in game, as noted by the subject coming up in the last devstream. If the root of your argument centers around the usage of Galatine, it's simply a matter of switching to a more suitable weapon.

If you want to do more damage, be more effective, and have a chance at increasing your damage multiplier, switch to a different far more powerful weapon, like Orthos Prime or Dakra Prime (or Orthos, Dual Ichor, Jat Kittag, etc). 

I used that weapon purposely as an example to show the difference between the few "god" melee then everything else  

and to reply to your 100% stat on last hit being what I installed is incorrect  

for example on the last hit with dark sword it will always be poison dmg not proc dmg

and on the slam it will always be radiation

most weapons don't even have this feature some just knock down the target

note I do have all the prime items and they are very nice but why is there such a vast difference with melee between non prime and prime then on another scale the guns

I can make karak = braton prime in dmg per sec why cant I do that with dark sword to dakra prime   

Yeah, that would be pretty hard... in game modes like Exterminate, Rescue, Sabotage, etc. Thankfully those modes are not ones you need to really play for any reason beyond passing a particular point on the map. Mobile Defense, Endless Defense and Survival have plenty of enemies to consecutively hit. With the exception of Exterminate, Defense, and Survival, you really don't even need to kill enemies in the first place.

that right there just supports the fact that the current equation for the multiplier (almost wrote markiplier XD) is useless and obsolete  

DE could easily change one lil equation and bam melee could be where it should be

Edited by Rynefall

Guest Tehnoobshow

I used that weapon purposely as an example to show the difference between the few "god" melee then everything else  

and to reply to your 100% stat on last hit being what I installed is incorrect  

for example on the last hit with dark sword it will always be poison dmg not proc dmg

and on the slam it will always be radiation

most weapons don't even have this feature some just knock down the target

note I do have all the prime items and they are very nice but why is there such a vast difference with melee between non prime and prime then on another scale the guns

I can make karak = braton prime in dmg per sec why cant I do that with dark sword to dakra prime   

1. Dark Sword and one-handed swords are a special exception. Try it on a different weapon class.

2. The difference between prime guns and regular guns is far greater than prime melee weapons vs regular melee weapons. Even the regular Orthos can hold up pretty well in T3. It's just that you have tendency to be attracted to terrible weapons.

3. Because Braton Prime is a terrible prime weapon that was released a year ago. Dark Sword vs. Dakra Prime is more like Karak vs. Soma.

Edit: Also, you're 25, you're not old.

Edited by Tehnoobshow