Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Did The Stat Chance Go?

Lord_Stormy

1. Dark Sword and one-handed swords are a special exception. Try it on a different weapon class.

2. The difference between prime guns and regular guns is far greater than prime melee weapons vs regular melee weapons. Even the regular Orthos can hold up pretty well in T3. It's just that you have tendency to be attracted to terrible weapons.

3. Because Braton Prime is a terrible prime weapon that was released a year ago. Dark Sword vs. Dakra Prime is more like Karak vs. Soma.

Edit: Also, you're 25, you're not old.

Edit: Also, you're 25, you're not old. I nearly cried with joy when you wrote that

Soma is broken it doesn't even disserve to be added to this due to its broken crit and I truly feel its that way because its the founders lil baby I hate everything about that gun nothing about it is "balanced" not even the way you collect it is "balanced" "why should I make a clan research item and waste a forma when I can go build soma with some of the least resource cost on the market"

and have we forgotten T3 is more like T2 now or did we not notice that all the stats except health from the old T3 is now in T4

btw almost every weapon can hold up in a T 4 S for about 10 min we are talking about past ten min more like 30 min

my melee should still be very effective after 30 min when my gun begins to become ineffective not cop out at around 15-20 min

Edited by Rynefall

I used that weapon purposely as an example to show the difference between the few "god" melee then everything else  

and to reply to your 100% stat on last hit being what I installed is incorrect  

for example on the last hit with dark sword it will always be poison dmg not proc dmg

and on the slam it will always be radiation

most weapons don't even have this feature some just knock down the target

note I do have all the prime items and they are very nice but why is there such a vast difference with melee between non prime and prime then on another scale the guns

I can make karak = braton prime in dmg per sec why cant I do that with dark sword to dakra prime   

Slam damage and special effects have absolutely nothing to do with anything proc related. They are special features of particular weapons. This doesn't change the fact that stances have special features like 100% proc chance as a finisher. This proc is whatever the primary element is. It would only be toxic (not poison) if that is what you happened to roll at the time with toxic damage equipped.

There is a vast different in all weapons with mods due to increases being percentage-based. Anything with a higher starting base damage will end up with considerably more damage overall with mods. Prime weapons just happen to be superior versions of their aforementioned weapons for obvious reasons.

Karak can beat Braton Prime because Braton Prime needs a rework; something clearly noted in the last devstream. It might do you well to watch the devstreams as well to hear of the devs already being aware of this. Their surveys indicated that Braton Prime was the Prime that needed to be looked at the most, above all else, in fact. With regards to Dark Sword and Dakra Prime, not all weapons are sidegrades, I'm afraid. One will always win out, and they will never equal one another. This is just a basic fact of progressive gaming and advancement inside of it. If your goal was to get a shiny new weapon, it would be sort of pointless if your MK-1 newb weapon could already do everything the same with the same mods.

that right there just supports the fact that the current equation for the multiplier (almost wrote markiplier XD) is useless and obsolete  

DE could easily change one lil equation and bam melee could be where it should be

Seriously, you can quote multiple posts, as I mentioned, as well as edit previous posts.

As many others have pointed out to you already, it's easy to obtain and gives a considerable bonus. I'm not sure if my wording was clear, but I was indicating that no one cares if you can't accomplish a hit multiplier. You were also entirely mistaken on how it worked, but seemingly you don't participate in enough missions where there are enough enemies to even hit in the first place.

There is definitely not 'one lil equation' to be changed anywhere. There may be balancing and separate benefits to various classes of weapons that differ from others, but this is all a constantly evolving game.

btw almost every weapon can hold up in a T 4 S for about 10 min we are talking about past ten min more like 30 min

my melee should still be very effective after 30 min when my gun begins to become ineffective not cop out at around 15-20 min

If you're wanting to get through 30 minutes of T4, you're never going to get there with a Volt and a Galatine I'm afraid. Interesting to try, but just not that effective. Choose a better loadout, because not all weapons are equal, and they never will be.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Edit: Also, you're 25, you're not old. I nearly cried with joy when you wrote that

Soma is broken it doesn't even disserve to be added to this due to its broken crit and I truly feel its that way because its the founders lil baby I hate everything about that gun nothing about it is "balanced" not even the way you collect it is "balanced" "why should I make a clan research item and waste a forma when I can go build soma with some of the least resource cost on the market"

and have we forgotten T3 is more like T2 now or did we not notice that all the stats except health from the old T3 is now in T4

T4 is an exact replica of T2, but with much higher damage scaling than even T3. It's basically Void nightmare mode. Nothing about T3 changed, except for the prime part drops. Like other people have said before, you can't expect every single weapon to hold up in T4. Just like how you can't use a Lato in T4 either. You can start by trying the Dual Zoren, which are in the market and don't cost much to build.

Slam damage and special effects have absolutely nothing to do with anything proc related. They are special features of particular weapons. This doesn't change the fact that stances have special features like 100% proc chance as a finisher. This proc is whatever the primary element is. It would only be toxic (not poison) if that is what you happened to roll at the time with toxic damage equipped.

There is a vast different in all weapons with mods due to increases being percentage-based. Anything with a higher starting base damage will end up with considerably more damage overall with mods. Prime weapons just happen to be superior versions of their aforementioned weapons for obvious reasons.

Karak can beat Braton Prime because Braton Prime needs a rework; something clearly noted in the last devstream. It might do you well to watch the devstreams as well to hear of the devs already being aware of this. Their surveys indicated that Braton Prime was the Prime that needed to be looked at the most, above all else, in fact. With regards to Dark Sword and Dakra Prime, not all weapons are sidegrades, I'm afraid. One will always win out, and they will never equal one another. This is just a basic fact of progressive gaming and advancement inside of it. If your goal was to get a shiny new weapon, it would be sort of pointless if your MK-1 newb weapon could already do everything the same with the same mods.

Seriously, you can quote multiple posts, as I mentioned, as well as edit previous posts.

As many others have pointed out to you already, it's easy to obtain and gives a considerable bonus. I'm not sure if my wording was clear, but I was indicating that no one cares if you can't accomplish a hit multiplier. You were also entirely mistaken on how it worked, but seemingly you don't participate in enough missions where there are enough enemies to even hit in the first place.

There is definitely not 'one lil equation' to be changed anywhere. There may be balancing and separate benefits to various classes of weapons that differ from others, but this is all a constantly evolving game.

If you're wanting to get through 30 minutes of T4, you're never going to get there with a Volt and a Galatine I'm afraid. Interesting to try, but just not that effective. Choose a better loadout, because not all weapons are equal, and they never will be.

for the record I have

and I don't know how to multi quote

and I have used many different combinations to go 50 min and above

what im trying to say as long as I have acceptable mods that compliment the item there should be relatively the same dmg/survivability  with some minor buffs to others regardless of what I'm using  

and I personally feel from what ive seen in many other game with similar themes  where melee guns and magic/powers are evident the deration in strength goes a lil something like this  

first to go ranged attacks (guns in this case) the is obvious on why this is a gun can hit targets without any real danger to the player

second to go is magic/powers because they tend to have many ranged/AOE dmg and are also at not risk to the player

finally the melee goes last due to the fact your not only at most risk of death but can most of the time hit single targets at a time

I'd also like to bring up the fact that if your going to compare dakra prime to galitine then you have to compare dakra prime to latron prime

mostly because this whole topic was on the fact guns grossly overpower melee and how dose the counter say "its ok we buff you after 45 hits" when many game mods don't through millions of enemies at including conclave and darksector along with many of the gamemodes like exterm and capture you can't say yes to one game mode and not the other

Edited by Rynefall

for the record I have

and I don't know how to multi quote

and I have used many different combinations to go 50 min and above

what im trying to say as long as I have acceptable mods that compliment the item there should be relatively the same dmg/survivability  with some minor buffs to others regardless of what I'm using  

and I personally feel from what ive seen in many other game with similar themes  where melee guns and magic/powers are evident the deration in strength goes a lil something like this  

first to go ranged attacks (guns in this case) the is obvious on why this is a gun can hit targets without any real danger to the player

second to go is magic/powers because they tend to have many ranged/AOE dmg and are also at not risk to the player

finally the melee goes last due to the fact your not only at most risk of death but can most of the time hit single targets at a time

I'd also like to bring up the fact that if your going to compare dakra prime to galitine then you have to compare dakra prime to latron prime

mostly because this whole topic was on the fact guns grossly overpower melee and how dose the counter say "its ok we buff you after 45 hits" when many game mods don't through millions of enemies at including conclave and darksector along with many of the gamemodes like exterm and capture you can't say yes to one game mode and not the other

You hit Quote on everything you want to quote. It appears at the bottom. Or you hit multiquote on said posts before hitting other such functions as More Reply Functions.

Acceptable mods doesn't mean everyone weapon can be equal, because they never will. There will always be better weapons, no matter how hard you want everything to be equal. It's the nature of every game. You don't advance and progress for nothing. How other games attempt to balance ranged and melee weapons has absolutely nothing to do with Warframe and never will. 'Other games' are built in a singular fashion, and are sold complete as a singular product. They will never change because they already went through years of development to meet their balance and final product.

Why would comparing two melee weapons have anything to do with comparing a melee weapon with a rifle? If you think any particular gun is grossly overpowered compared to melee, you are not using melee weapons properly. Or you are still clinging to your Galatine, which may or may not change in the future to be more relevant. I can literally run around invincible, doing ridiculous damage nonstop in any mission of any type. From the sound of it, you are not at all aware of the combo I am speaking of, but suffice to say, melee damage is ridiculous. You too can do ridiculous damage when you choose your weapons carefully!

I also hate to break it to you, but risk to the player is not the same when considering ranged versus melee. Grineer use hitscan rifles that do pretty serious damage in T4, and Corpus will overrun you with mindless drones that will stand there and keep shooting you.... while more of them advance and horde around you with persistent laser fire. The distance you are away from them doesn't actually change much (due to the way tilesets are constructed, and why sniping is a misnomer), but touching them doesn't actually do any additional damage, with the exception of Toxic Ancients.