Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House Trading

Daimonknight

I'm kinda sick and tired of waiting and shouting in Trading chat for something I want to buy, I know it's gonna be a bit tedious to do but I think the Dev's should look into making an auction house with easier access to selling so you dont have to be online shouting for hours when you can set up shop and sell or buy something whether you're in a mission or offline

The Devs said they are working on the trading system.  They just have not said what they are doing to it. 

I just pray that they do not make an Auction House, it would be disastrous in this type of game.  If this was a subscription based MMORPG then yes an Auction House would be fine.  But with the limited number of items for trade and the overabundance of items people have stocked up everything would just loose all its value because people would just toss everything up on the AH. 

I personally never use the in game trade channel.  Rather I use the trading post forum here, the trading forum on my clans forum and clan/alliance chat and have had little to no issues. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I'm just throwing ideas out man, i mean to stop doing missions to spam trade chat annoys me, but i'll check out what Silver Seeker does, so you do you say that an auction house set up would be bad? I've been playing MMORPGs up until warframe, so this lobby based game type is a bit different for me and as far as subscription based games go I played Loong and Tera for a while (after Tera went F2P) and the auction house is similar to the trade post, you pay a tax the item is put up for a week and if someone buys it you get the cash when you check in, and people could make offers if they thought the price was too much. So i thought that was good, but not sure why you think its bad for this

Simple.

New Trading System or Marketplace

Yes

Auction House

A BIG FAT NO

#wherearethemdownvotes

I think the issue is people think of "Auction House" and "Marketplace" interchangeably.  WoW is ubiquitous, and it forms a frame of reference for what people think of when they think "player market", so they use the name WoW uses.

There's no need for an auction function, a marketplace is just fine.  Limit listings by master rank, charge a fee to list an item, the usual trading transaction fees, and you've got a functional market.  

It's sorely needed as an alternative to the current chat channel.  If you think things are "bad" on PC, imagine navigating trade chat and attempting to communicate with people using a controller.  It's just generally horrible.

A market allows people to login to warframe and actually play the game.  A trade channel necessitates staring at trade chat and attempting to negotiate overly complicated transactions rather than actually playing.  Will prices drop?  Of course.  That's because the current system is so unwieldy that people don't want to use it and without a frame of reference, people get gouged on prices.

I'm just throwing ideas out man, i mean to stop doing missions to spam trade chat annoys me, but i'll check out what Silver Seeker does, so you do you say that an auction house set up would be bad? I've been playing MMORPGs up until warframe, so this lobby based game type is a bit different for me and as far as subscription based games go I played Loong and Tera for a while (after Tera went F2P) and the auction house is similar to the trade post, you pay a tax the item is put up for a week and if someone buys it you get the cash when you check in, and people could make offers if they thought the price was too much. So i thought that was good, but not sure why you think its bad for this

The auction house idea has been tossed around the forums often and, from what I remember, strong opposed by the community every time.  

Hope you have a thick skin, this is one of the hot topics for General Discussion.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/309509-how-about-an-auction-house/

i guess there is one person every week or day talking about this idea…

anyway i rather have a REAL auction house instead of a market with fixed prices, bc a market like that would make the whole prices get down, while an auction house would keep them up.

Edited by ZioCain

The Devs said they are working on the trading system.  They just have not said what they are doing to it. 

I just pray that they do not make an Auction House, it would be disastrous in this type of game.  If this was a subscription based MMORPG then yes an Auction House would be fine.  But with the limited number of items for trade and the overabundance of items people have stocked up everything would just loose all its value because people would just toss everything up on the AH.

That is a good thing.