Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashing On A Regular Basis And When Certian Moves Performed... Need Help

Billgored

Question

Hello all,

I'm in need of some help. My game crashes to desktop when I perform a slide jump. When I reopen the game I have to hit esc to bring up the menu so I can see the game again. Once this occurs I cannot hit any other button on my key board besides my abilities or the game will crash again. So I'm basically forced to stand in one spot and shoot. I do have an open ticket about this but have not been able to solve the issues. As well, recently my game has been randomly crashing to the point where I have to manually shut off my computer and restart it. The random crashing is a recent thing. It was suggested to me that I verify the files when I do through the launcher it says that there is nothing wrong with the files. I had the game through steam it said I had 83 files that were mission or broken so I did the 7.7Gb download to fix this and it did nothing. I checked after the download and it still said the same thing. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and nothing was fixed. So then I unistalled the game once more (and not through steam) reinstalled it directly from the website. The same issues are still occuring. If anyone knows how to fix this issue or how to see if all of the files are there that would be a great help. If I cannot fix this issue I will no longer be able to play the game due to the fact that it currently is unplayable with all of the crashing. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've already verifyied all of the files through the launcher again and it says that there is nothing wrong with them.

9 answers to this question

You say 'crashed to desktop' but that phrase literally means the game ceases to operate entirely, as opposed to simply minimizing due to some other windows function. If you're 'reopening the game' from being minimized, it is likely that you would have to hit esc just to reinitialize keybinds depending on what you did.

I must ask, what are your keybinds, or rather what combination are you hitting to slide jump? I ask because you must be certain you're not hitting an obvious windows key function (like alt+tab) that would cause your computer to do something else and refocus on some new element, causing the game to minimize.

Other than that, PC specs, and hopefully your temperatures are alright. If a fan has gone awry, any graphically taxing process would make it automatically switch off as a safety precaution.

My keybinds are the default ones. I haven't changed any of them. I'm sliding with Lcntrl and hit the space bar to jump. Yes maybe I should have been more descripitive. When the game glitches out from slide jumping. It sometimes puts me to the desktop and sometimes the screen just goes black and flickers alot. Sometimes the audio goes too, but that usually isn't the case. When in the escape menu if I hit any other button that escape it just glitches out the screen again.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, I run windows 7, 64 bit. (tried running the game in 64 bit and non 64 bit mode, same result either way) the fans and temp are fine. I have a dual intel i7. Sent all of that in my ticket as well. Still nothing to help change what's happening. Also I run the game on low settings just because.

Firstly, Never verify the game through Steam. Ever. The version of Warframe on Steam's servers (which it checks your files against) is outdated, even if it's a small mismatch it will redownload the entire game because of the way patches are applied (they are applied directly to the compressed game data rather than get stored as a separate file). You should only ever verify your files through the Warframe Launcher directly.

Secondly, are you running Overwolf (usually installs with Teamspeak 3)? Overwolf has caused me grief in the past with performing certain things in Warframe.

Thirdly, next time you experience a crash, grab your EE.log file immediately afterwards and send it to support with a Support Ticket. Also generate a dxdiag.txt file and send that too.

While you're waiting for support to respond, I'd suggest disabling all of the options in the launcher options (specifically 64-Bit, DirectX 10/11, Full Screen and Multithreaded Rendering) to launch the game in a veritable "Safe Mode" to see if the crash still occurs. If it doesn't, try re-enabling options one by one until you find the culprit (if/when you find the culprit, notify support so they can investigate the issue further)

I have figured out what is causing the game to crashing during the slide jump. For some reason it is opening what appears to be some type of langaue translator lol. No idea where it came from and as far as I can tell it's somehow tied in with the game. Playing in windowed mode stops the game from crashing with that issue. Now I just have to figure out the random crashes that have been occuring and all should be good.

Thanks for the help so far. If anyone knows of things to help with the random game crashes that would be great.

Well there are some mysterious things. So op does not have any software that has them in use. Record program or some voice(teamspeak) or something?  Lshift+ tab also opens steam. Do you got macro keyboard?
One thing is worth testing. Change keyboard or/and  mouse and see if it helps. 
One friend had something wrong in gaming  mouse, one little piece of hardware was "broken" making bad signals and going computer crazy with unknown commands.

Has OP ever spilled juice or anything to keyboard and is this problem only in warframe?

edit:
Does OP have decent computer. Overheating might also crash your computer if you really need to boot. Not having enough RAM also make some games act weird.

Edited by Agullimux

I just have a standard keyboard and no longer run the game through steam. This issue is only in Warframe. The computer I have has 8gb of ram as well. I have been keeping an eye on the temperature and nothing is running hot or cold while the game is running. Everything is where it should be. As far as changing out the parts goes that's not an option for the keyboard as it is a laptop. Also I've tried using a different mouse and the same thing keeps happening.

This is the only game that I run on this computer that this happenes with. Everything else I play runs fine without crashing. This is currently the only game I'm having issues with.

Edited by Billgored