Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Like Prime Warframes And Weapons ?

gunsmoke77

People use most of them as a status thing.

I'm going to eventually get the prime frames just so I know for a fact 100% that there will never be ANOTHER version of the same frame afterwards.

So I can use potatoes on them without my worry of wasting them.

I'll level up the prime frames and probably be done with it because honestly. In my honest to god opinion. The person who designs the prime items has to be blind. There is only like 3 of them that look good. It makes me wonder if they realize the whole point of calling them "prime" honestly and truly.

Frost Prime basically looks the exact same as Frost. And he's the best looking prime variant easily because of it as well.

The prime weapons though. Usually always look really godawful, like a middle school kid drawin in a notepad godawful. So bad.

I honestly and truly fear for what prime kubrows look like eventually. THAT will be a nightmare to see because they already look vomit inducingly terrible, just imagine a tacky gold trimmed collar thing with golden spots or some garbage like that. It's gonna be a spectacular eyesore.

My realization that I can never get max rank ever without ranking up both Loki and Loki Prime haunts me.

Mostly i think it's stats and sort of kind of 'exclusivity' in the sense that you gotta go off the chart (star chart) to get them. Imo they almost always look worse than the non-prime, with some exceptions of course, but that's totally down to personal tastes. IEven the ones i don't like the prime look of, i use if they feel good (my favourite gun is burston prime. Actually tried regular burston because the prime looks so ugly but alas, prime is just flat out better) I'm also kinda puzzled how you managed to not get a single prime if you've really been playing for so long. I mean, do you do void missions and just sell all the parts or not do void at all or what's the deal? Because if you avoid the void, i'd heartily recommend that you at least try it, because it can be very fun. But it is blingy. 

Once upon a time, Prime items were a lot closer to their regular counterpart but had a slight performance boost rather than the current ones we see to today.

Then the great sidegrade and upgrade argument ignited (actually it was already burning since old Acrid / Despair appeared).

However generally people favoured upgrades for progression so DE duly noted of that and went along with it.

For the most part people were satisfied because they are getting both a relatively powerful and yet exclusive weapon.

About the same time, trading came in. 

Initially it was mods but after much player lobbying, DE finally gave in for Prime trading.

That is where all Prime parts lost their exclusivity so now everyone who is a rank 2 can own a boltor prime.

Derp. 

Truth to be told, I never liked the idea of prime trading because it severely devalues the exclusivity of the Prime.

But oh well, DE has spoken and chosen their stand (although I do hope prime weapons do get a mastery rank requirement though),

Edited by fatpig84

I don't care for the primes (frame) much, prefer the look of most the vanilla frame's more. They don't offer anything more than what I can get via using a forma if I want. The only two different right now is Rhino is a hair faster (but I don't play Rhino at all), and Loki has a little more energy (his prime is cool looking to me). Other than that, they're busier and uglier IMO.

As for the weapons, yup, simply more damage is the reason.

And for some reason it makes peeps happier to emphasize they're playing a prime frame when they talk about the frames they run... and as mentioned, most the time it's like 'uh, okay,statistics are the same as the other one, big deal.' Whatever floats the boat I guess.

Though I do have to like the look of something I'm sinking that much staring time into.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

'Cause to 'ave a roight propah waagh ya gotta 'ave da flashest bitz. Dem Primes got real flash bitz on 'em, an' theyz shootier than da less flash bitz, letz ya bring more dakka to da fight, an' you can nevah 'ave too much dakka.

Oy! Dis boy gets it. 

'Cause to 'ave a roight propah waagh ya gotta 'ave da flashest bitz. Dem Primes got real flash bitz on 'em, an' theyz shootier than da less flash bitz, letz ya bring more dakka to da fight, an' you can nevah 'ave too much dakka.

Why are people still posting in this thread? This person won it already.

Gold bitz showz u iz da flashiest git around and ya got da teef for da really gud dakka and choppy!

On a side note, this game needs Orks. Or at least there needs to be a W40K version of Warframe. 

Grineer are Orks.

Corpus are Puny Humans.

Infested are Drawves. 

Tenno are Dark Elves.