Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Build

Shinobu_Scorpion

Question

13 answers to this question

Mmm... this is my opinion only but...

Serration = fine

Shred > split chamber (dread already has innate punch through on charged shots, and speed trigger gives more than enough fire rate)

Infected clip = fine/questionable (I use sawtooth clip for the extra slash damage, or fast hands for faster reloading)

Rime rounds > faction mod (the extra damage is always nice)

Vital sense = fine

Pointed strike = fine

Speed trigger = fine/questionable (I use it on my dread, but I can understand why others may choose not to)

Malignant force > hammer shot

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Eggzodiya

Guest Tehnoobshow

Don't build for status chance. Replace Shred with a pure elemental mod. Do not put heavy caliber on it, unless you want to use it as a shotgun.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Where's Split Chamber? That would increase your damage by alot. Other than that...

Use the right element for the faction you fight against, and maybe invest another Forma

und switch some of event mods for the standard elemental mods for more damage.

And Hammer Shot is also a good choice.

If you're using a stealth frame. Replace Shred with Heavy Caliber. You can get up close enough to Head-shot enemies into oblivion. Take off Infected Clip and put in split chamber. 90% chance for 2 arrows. Double the hurt.

Edit: In general. You don't really need Shred on the dread at all if you're using speed trigger. The charge is fast enough with speed trigger alone.

If you don't like losing the accuracy from heavy caliber, then just use another elemental mod on that slot.

Edited by Shuuro

Where's Split Chamber? That would increase your damage by alot. Other than that...

Use the right element for the faction you fight against, and maybe invest another Forma

und switch some of event mods for the standard elemental mods for more damage.

And Hammer Shot is also a good choice.

Ofcourse the elements change depending on which faction I am going up against but would you suggest (for this specific build) replacing Rime Rounds with Cryo Rounds and Malignant Force with Split Chamber or Hammer Shot?

Ofcourse the elements change depending on which faction I am going up against but would you suggest (for this specific build) replacing Rime Rounds with Cryo Rounds and Malignant Force with Split Chamber or Hammer Shot?

I would keep the proc chance personally. People tend not to take it seriously, but it is a nice addition.

Then again with a fully damage based dread + 4 corrosive projections in a T4 survival you should be hitting 50k+ red crits per arrow.

Split Chamber > all other S#&$.

I would replace Shred with Split Chamber. And one of the elemental mods for Hammer Shot.

That leaves you with 2 slots for the combined elemental damage of your choice.

I'm not a fan of Heavy Caliber on bows at all, but you can always try it.

Thinking what I might do is re-forma it to replace the - polarity with a V and then forma again to add a D, put Split Chamber in the V and Hammer Shot in the D. Then just take out Speed Trigger so I have room for the two element mods. Would have just enough capacity for everything to be maxed too if the elements are the event mods.

Don't use a D polarity, there are no useful mods with that polarity if you choose to make a build without Hammer Shot.

Use a V, you will always have several V's on every possible build. And you should try out the charge time without

Speed Trigger and just Shred on, and see if you are pleased with it.

EDIT: Golden rule: Always add the polarity of your highest mod card (cost) first.

In your case that would be V, V, V (Serration, Split Chamber, Shred)

Edited by Cryp2Nite

I don't know if you love to charge the bow or just keep shooting but I suggest to replace speed trigger with heavy caliber 

u can do that if you don't want to go for head shots anymore

Split Chamber > all other S#&$.

I would replace Shred with Split Chamber. And one of the elemental mods for Hammer Shot.

That leaves you with 2 slots for the combined elemental damage of your choice.

I'm not a fan of Heavy Caliber on bows at all, but you can always try it.

hammershot is not better than another elemental mod

Don't use a D polarity, there are no useful mods with that polarity if you choose to make a build without Hammer Shot.

Use a V, you will always have several V's on every possible build. And you should try out the charge time without

you don't even need the extra punch through and speed trigger costs less mod space

Ok, will do. Thank you everyone for the feedback.