Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Can We Get A Dx9 Local Reflections Fix?

Ailith

The Local Reflections fps drops were reportedly fixed in the 14.6.1 patch...

"Tweaked performance of Local Reflections code on Dx10 and Dx11 to address potential FPS loss."

...but when can we expect to see a fix for DX9? The game still tanks massively with the option on and I'm really starting to miss seeing shiny objects.

If you're running on Dx9 means that your pc isn't really powerful, since Dx11 performance is better with less usage.

Is your gpu compatible with Dx11? Use it.

It's like wanting speed and shinyness of a bullettrain on a bike...

Fps drops has been fixed yes but still it doesn't mean they fixed the hunger for gpu usage.

Even with Dx11, everything on Low/Off except Local Reflections it uses the full gpu, go figure, if it's really "fixed" or not.

Edited by SoulSpeed

If you're running on Dx9 means that your pc isn't really powerful, since Dx11 performance is better with less usage.

Is your gpu compatible with Dx11? Use it.

It's like wanting speed and shinyness of a bullettrain on a bike...

Fps drops has been fixed yes but still it doesn't mean they fixed the hunger for gpu usage.

Even with Dx11, everything on Low/Off except Local Reflections it uses the full gpu, go figure, if it's really "fixed" or not.

I used to run the game in DX10/11 perfectly fine because my computer isn't a toaster, but there was an update some time ago that completely broke those settings for me (it was shortly after multi-threading was added). I contacted tech support, but after sending my log files and whatnot, they basically said "we don't know what's wrong, we won't continue looking into it, and all you can do is hope that it randomly gets fixed in a future patch". I can still run the game in DX10/11, but I can't use multi-threaded rendering at the same time, which equates to terrible fps with more than 10 enemies on screen because the game isn't using all 6 of my cores.

In any case, saying that I should run the game with different settings because some are broken isn't of any use.

Well, it doesn't really matter if your pc is a toaster or not.

Problem here is your multi-threading problem due to the communication/data tranfer/processing between cpu/gpu is being slow (everything through a single thread)

The only thing I don't know is how stable Dx11 is on single threading since multi-threading is pretty standard nowadays for Dx11.

Could be that this is the problem though.

Can I ask what gpu you're using? I kind of find it weird that you can't use multi-threading on a hexa-core =/

But still, this doesn't change the fact the Local reflections is a performance hurdle even if you got the worlds strongest pc available.

Everything on Low + LR is still 99% usage of gpu and yes I've tested this. (even has it's own thread here)

ps: Take note I don't talk about that Dx10 failure, never had been stable in the first place and it's pretty much a given that it's been given up

Well, it doesn't really matter if your pc is a toaster or not.

Problem here is your multi-threading problem due to the communication/data tranfer/processing between cpu/gpu is being slow (everything through a single thread)

The only thing I don't know is how stable Dx11 is on single threading since multi-threading is pretty standard nowadays for Dx11.

Could be that this is the problem though.

Can I ask what gpu you're using? I kind of find it weird that you can't use multi-threading on a hexa-core =/

But still, this doesn't change the fact the Local reflections is a performance hurdle even if you got the worlds strongest pc available.

Everything on Low + LR is still 99% usage of gpu and yes I've tested this. (even has it's own thread here)

ps: Take note I don't talk about that Dx10 failure, never had been stable in the first place and it's pretty much a given that it's been given up

I use a GTX 465 for the primary rendering device and a GT 640 for PhysX effects. Yes, the 465 is an old card at this point and yes, the 640 isn't a very good card performance-wise (it's good enough to handle just PhysX though), but this is the same setup that I've had since the first time I played Warframe. I've always been able to play the game on max settings while keeping a stable 30+ fps and can play most games on pretty high settings (I can run Crysis 2 almost fully maxed), so the cards aren't that bad. And, as I said, I used to run the game in DX11, that is, until shortly after multi-threading was added which actually did work and increased my performance quite a bit (up until the 10.3.0 patch).

Edited by Ailith

Mhh, with those gpu's and setup you would run the game just fine although this isn't the case.

And while multi-threading has worked, the game has developed quite a lot meaning also has become more demanding.

Now I got to ask a few things,

-Are drivers/windows up-to-date?

-Are your Cores Unparked?

-Did you try to tone down some settings while running with MT? With or w/o Dx11?

I know, I know. these basic questions are rather annoying but since I've/we've limited info....

Meh, I just noticed that WF has been updated.

Changes:

• Disabled Local Reflections and High Dynamic Range on certain Direct X9 enabled video cards which do not properly support these features.
Edited by SoulSpeed

Mhh, with those gpu's and setup you would run the game just fine although this isn't the case.

And while multi-threading has worked, the game has developed quite a lot meaning also has become more demanding.

Now I got to ask a few things,

-Are drivers/windows up-to-date?

-Are your Cores Unparked?

-Did you try to tone down some settings while running with MT? With or w/o Dx11?

I know, I know. these basic questions are rather annoying but since I've/we've limited info....

Meh, I just noticed that WF has been updated.

Changes:

• Disabled Local Reflections and High Dynamic Range on certain Direct X9 enabled video cards which do not properly support these features.

I've tried everything except reinstalling my operating system (it's not worth that much hassle).

Also, the 14.7 update seems to have fixed local reflections in DX9. I still get some frame drops every now and then, but not nearly as bad as before.

Edited by Ailith