Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour And Freerunning

ROXXXY

There should really be most effective Parkour and Freerunning skills in Warframe , most manuavers in the game right now are kinda useless. I would suggest more parkour and Freerunning skills based to be effective with your guns, not movement. Plus a couple more Parkour and Freerunning skills based upon melee attacks, because sliding is getting really boring.

Maybe we need dynamic tilesets with moving traps, arc traps, lasers and flamethrowers and annoying/deadly stuff that moves around and platforms changing their positions that requires you to keep moving but not normally, MOVE DOING PARKOUR (if you don't wall run and do some cool/pro stuff you will hit the floor and be immobilized or killed or heavily damaged)

Freerunning and Parkour is a very nice mechanic that this game is wasting, more than useful in missions they need to be REQUIRED TO SUCCEED

Maybe we need dynamic tilesets with moving traps, arc traps, lasers and flamethrowers and annoying/deadly stuff that moves around and platforms changing their positions that requires you to keep moving but not normally, MOVE DOING PARKOUR (if you don't wall run and do some cool/pro stuff you will hit the floor and be immobilized or killed or heavily damaged)

Freerunning and Parkour is a very nice mechanic that this game is wasting, more than useful in missions they need to be REQUIRED TO SUCCEED

Dead content the moment it's put in on all frames because people are just going to copter due to DE refusing to remove the ability to abuse the physics engine from the game.

I'd absolutely LOVE for things like this to be put into the game, but there's no point with the way things are now.

Will never happen.

They would have to completely overhaul not only the parkour and how it functions, but also design maps completely around HAVING to parkour, or people will just copter.

Simple as that. As long as people can copter, they will do that instead of parkour.

Instead we will continue to get fancy looking slash damage melee weapons and ugly cosmetics as our updates. Til the end of time.

Parkour will always be an afterthought in this game until the tilesets force you to use it, as in you literally cannot progress unless you use wall run effectively. As it stands, it's the lowest option of movement and traversing landscape because of how slow and cumbersome it is for most.

And I don't see anyone on the team changing enough in game to make this mechanic work well enough to be viable considering coptering is now confirmed to always be in the game.

inb4 people somehow take offense to the truth and make me seem like a demon for saying what i just said

I don't even mind the fact that coptering (or butt-sliding) exist.  I just wish that since they decided to "keep them" they actually bothered to balance them against existing parkour/sprint-mods/frame-speed/etc.  Right now, those little workarounds just render so many things that were apparently balancing factors (frame speeds, sprint/stamina/slide/wall-run mods, etc.) mostly pointless.  

Why use a movement-related mod or use a faster frame if you can get the same efficacy out of coptering & butt-sliding?  

Yeah I don't mind having more dynamic maps and more reasons to use parkour, but sadly that particular part of the game is completely dead in the water due to coptering. Even if you yourself don't use coptering, practically everyone else does and thus unless you're going solo, you're left in the dust simply because you're trying to enjoy what the awesome map designers have offered to us.

So until they balance coptering, parkour and challenging map design is for the most part worthless...and that depresses me.

Edited by SoulEchelon

loot rooms are a really good additions, they encourage parkour, but not force to all players (because, the noobs would cry a LOT about that). Too bad, that there are too few loot rooms, and they only have about 1% chance to drop something useful/valuable, not just common mods, so most of the time it doesn't even worth to search for them, not to mention the walkthorough (although when we do void runs with clanmates, we always search all loot rooms just for fun)

they should add guaranteed useful drops to the loot rooms (rare mods, or even event mods), and add more of them, more difficult ones with the better rewards, to all tilesets. And change the existing ones that you can't just copter through the lasers

I'll be honest, i'm terrible at doing anything parkour related, I used rip line to pass my rank 8 test because I couldn't jump from one wall to another to keep wall run going. 

As the saying goes around the web "you are never the only one" so other people probably suck at it too.

You can add it parkour related stuff but people will find another way over it.

Parkour is probably one of the things that keeps me enjoying the game. There's really only a handful of maneuvers in the game and even fewer have much use.

Back handsprings and side-rolls are really slow and I don't think they impart any invincibility or hitbox changes, so they're practically a cosmetic maneuver. Rolls definitely got a lot better a few updates ago. Wall attacks are nice for jumping off walls at weird angles, but there's a ton of recovery as you hang in the air and roll along the ground. Also, most wall attacks don't do enough to warrant all of those requirements.

Unfortunately, most of it is only good for funsies, but hey, I don't mind that. I think it's fun still.

I'd be all for more agile maneuvers, whatever they may be, or even refinements to the current ones. I don't use back handsprings in combat because it'll probably end up getting me killed, lol.

Yeah I don't mind having more dynamic maps and more reasons to use parkour, but sadly that particular part of the game is completely dead in the water due to coptering.

This is wrong imo.

Coptering does not negate parkour at all, it is part of it and it complements it very well.

Wall run to wall run to wallrun and then launch with a slingshot+copter, that is perfect and awesome fun, learn the possibilities you already have at hand.

Will never happen.

They would have to completely overhaul not only the parkour and how it functions, but also design maps completely around HAVING to parkour, or people will just copter.

Simple as that. As long as people can copter, they will do that instead of parkour.

Instead we will continue to get fancy looking slash damage melee weapons and ugly cosmetics as our updates. Til the end of time.

Parkour will always be an afterthought in this game until the tilesets force you to use it, as in you literally cannot progress unless you use wall run effectively. As it stands, it's the lowest option of movement and traversing landscape because of how slow and cumbersome it is for most.

And I don't see anyone on the team changing enough in game to make this mechanic work well enough to be viable considering coptering is now confirmed to always be in the game.

inb4 people somehow take offense to the truth and make me seem like a demon for saying what i just said

Actually they said they will be redoing parkour two devstreams ago. (After U15 releases)