Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime Grineer Build

-X-Ghost

Question

Firstly> This discussion is not only for Orthos prime but may apply to any weapon (melee atleast)

I have done a lot of studying about Armor and damage mechanics but theres still things that are still unclear to me

I forma'd my Aura polarity to Dash for Bleeding willow

Besides that I have this build: (not set yet, its on warframe builder, I would have to add another forma)

Pressure point, Spoiled Strike, Fury, Jagged edge

North Wind+Fever Strike, Molten+Shocking

As you might notice theres Radiation in there, this build is targeted towards Alloy Units, and theres Viral for flesh

Now I had some debating here, would it be viable to use Rending+Sundering strike for higher puncture damage instead of North wind and Fever strike?

In general is the physical damage higher or elemental? 

Also is the Reach mod more significant than the Jagged edge to replace it?

Edited by DrTwinBlade

7 answers to this question

Elemental damage is the unmodified combined physical damage. In the case of orthos prime, 63 physical damage.

So, if you add 60% Toxic damage your Orthos will do 63 physical + 37.8 toxic damage. If you add any kind of physical damage,

the amount of elemental damage will still be the same. You can't increase both physical and elemental damage through adding

impact/puncture/slash/ damage.

In my opinion the Serro is better for elemental combos, but the Orthos is a strong and nice weapon.

I'd take off Jagged Edge and install all the electric/toxin mods (Focus Energy, Jolt, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch and Virulent Scourge)

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Smite Grineer mod is better than Jagged Edge.

Elemental damage is the unmodified combined physical damage. In the case of orthos prime, 63 physical damage.

So, if you add 60% Toxic damage your Orthos will do 63 physical + 37.8 toxic damage. If you add any kind of physical damage,

the amount of elemental damage will still be the same. You can't increase both physical and elemental damage through adding

impact/puncture/slash/ damage.

Ok that totally went over my head. So basically the elemental damage gives a boost ABOVE the base damage BUT is not affected by Mods that boost base physical damage?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Smite Grineer mod is better than Jagged Edge.

Jagged Edge gives +90% slash damage, Smite Grineer +30% total damage. I guess it's up to you, which one you prefer.

For Shimmering Blight I'd take Jagged Edge, though, as the last hit on Howling Gale has a guaranteed slash proc.

Jagged Edge gives +90% slash damage, Smite Grineer +30% total damage. I guess it's up to you, which one you prefer.

For Shimmering Blight I'd take Jagged Edge, though, as the last hit on Howling Gale has a guaranteed slash proc.

Is it better to increase slash and puncture damage with Jagged+rending+sundering or use Jagged + Viral ?