Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resolving The "excalibur Prime Founders" Issue

Monybags33

For the very short time I have been on Warframe posting on the forums and listening too the Tenno community I have come across allot of really interesting topics, some better than others but one catching my eye more than any other "The Excalibur Prime Founders Issue". We all know how long this "Debate" if you want to call it that has been going on.

----------------------------Details are below about the topic, skip if your not interested and want to get strait to the point.

On one side we have Tenno wanting the "opportunity" to buy the Excalibur Prime Founders package they missed simply because they want Excalibur Prime and that most feel "Ripped Off" saying if they had the chance too pay for the Excalibur Prime founders package they would have in the past. Even now some few Tenno say they want to buy it now at a even higher cost just too get that Excalibur Prime opportunity again stating this "one time deal" is unfair for anyone who never knew about Warframe.

On the other side we have the Tenno who have actually bought the "Founders Package" and find that if Warframe were too allow another "Excalibur Founders Package" it would make many of those same founders &!$$ed off. Many of their reasons so far include it being a "One time deal" and that others who didn't know about it at the time just have to deal with, or that Excalibur Prime would no longer be "Unique anymore being a "Founders Exclusive".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how can we fix this, by giving both new and old Tenno players what they want. Iv seen a few form posts talking about wanting the "Old Excalibur Prime" too have a remake into a new more creative Excalibur Prime, and strangely iv noticed many "Founders" actually agree and support these "Remake" topics. After all Loki Prime and now with the new upcoming Nyx Prime are looking all the more "shiny" and golden then any of the older primes like frost or Excalibur so I can see were this "Remake" is coming from.

Lets give Excalibur Prime his rightful remake and give it "only" for the founders of Warframe while then allowing the "Older Excalibur Prime" for the rest of us just the same as any other Prime out their able too be acquired through the void. Would this not then solve the age old problem?

The founders of the Warframe community get a brand new  "Founders Like" Excalibur Prime and everyone else still gets a chance to obtain the "older" Excalibur Prime we know of now, seems like a win win deal too me.

I know its allot too read but again this is just my thoughts and I figured I would share them. If you disagree with them by all means that's exactly why I made this post. I want too see what the Warframe community thinks about this idea and if you think it will solve the problem for new and old alike. What do you think Tenno do you agree with such an idea and should Warframe listen too it?

Update: Seeing as everyone says too let it rest I actually agree with everyone, just was an idea that came too mind was all. I appreciate everyone at least being considerate.

Edited by Monybags33

That might work.

I hope.

Not.

Anyways, this is a REALLY sensitive topic. It's best not to try.

DE has said so that Founder's stuff will remain exclusive. If that is to be violated, it could give Founders the right to file a lawsuit and demand a refund. Now that is called complication.

Edited by X3Evanescence

LoFZAuz.jpg

DE has said in contracts and verbally multiple times that Excalibur Prime will remain exclusive to founders and only founders. They won't rework any frames visually (DE said that about Trinity's tail) and they won't give out Excalibur Prime. 

EDIT: It's dangerous to go alone. Take this:

KiMGrxR.png

Edited by Imaru12

I'm a founder on PC, I want Excalibur Prime on PS4 (my most played console). Through your suggestion, I would have to buy him again just to use him, simply because I switched consoles. This is a very flawed plan. DE assured Founders that under no circumstances would Founder's exclusives ever be made available again. To circumvent that in any way is a violation of their EULA and something that players could absolutely file a lawsuit over, albeit a small one. All the new pack would have to say to break the EULA (and the law) is that this new pack includes an item called Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, or Lato Prime.

Also, this above all other topics has been discussed to death, reanimated, discussed back to death, reanimated again, and nuked to hell. Quit using desecrate on things that shouldn't be desecrated. It's only going to start a flamewar, you don't ever want to be the instigator of a flamewar. Trust me.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

I was going to come here to say the same thing as everyone else, to "stop posting about this." But then I actually read a bit of your topic. Great idea.

EDIT: Actually, I thought a bit more about it. No. I'm not even a founder but I don't want everyone running around with an Excalibur Prime, and then Founders running around with an even fancier Excal Prime. It would just over saturate the Excalibros. Just redesign him and keep him to founders.

Edited by Jahadaya

This topic has been around forever, can we let it die already? They will never release the Excaliber Prime or Proto Excaliber again. Period. Confirmed. The pie has left the oven and is now half gone on the plate.

That's what gets me. This isn't some special recipee for friend chicken that was lost at sea or something. This is a DIGITAL item. When I started this topic a while back the biggest reason why it shouldn't be touched at all period was because DE gave their word they wouldn't release it again.

How ever OP does make a point, but I disagree with how they want to do it. Founders keep the original excal prime. Nuff said. You change that or release that to the public and then...well stuff will hit the fan. Release a more modified/altered excal prime for everyone in prime access or drops in the game, as well as the lato and skana prime. Make em more fancy and stuff~

This topic has been around forever, can we let it die already? They will never release the Excaliber Prime or Proto Excaliber again. Period. Confirmed. The pie has left the oven and is now half gone on the plate.

I agree with you until I see Proto armor. Well technically it can return if DE decides to since it's not bound to any contract as well as it'll make late starters happy + DE happy

proto excalibur skin isn t an exclusive as founder, they can put it back on market as they wish, lots of players are hoping for next game birthday in march, including me (was short on cash at the time)

do not mix subjects

Edited by manub

That's what gets me. This isn't some special recipee for friend chicken that was lost at sea or something. This is a DIGITAL item. When I started this topic a while back the biggest reason why it shouldn't be touched at all period was because DE gave their word they wouldn't release it again.

How ever OP does make a point, but I disagree with how they want to do it. Founders keep the original excal prime. Nuff said. You change that or release that to the public and then...well stuff will hit the fan. Release a more modified/altered excal prime for everyone in prime access or drops in the game, as well as the lato and skana prime. Make em more fancy and stuff~

They want EXCAL PRIME not some different version of it.

This won't fix anything whatsoever. 

Lets give Excalibur Prime his rightful remake and give it "only" for the founders of Warframe while then allowing the "Older Excalibur Prime" for the rest of us just the same as any other Prime out their able too be acquired through the void. Would this not then solve the age old problem?

The founders of the Warframe community get a brand new  "Founders Like" Excalibur Prime and everyone else still gets a chance to obtain the "older" Excalibur Prime we know of now, seems like a win win deal too me.

The only problem is that this solves nothing. Non-founders will then immediately want the "Remade" Excalibur Prime. 

It's not a "Give me Excalibur Prime" issue, it's a "We don't have this exclusive, give it to us because we want to feel special and don't want to be left out" issue. Making a founders-only "remade" Excalibur Prime while releasing the old Excalibur Prime to the public doesn't solve the founder-gear exclusivity issue.

The problem with resolving the Founders exclusivity issue is that there is no resolution. There is literally no way to solve it beyond telling non-founders "Sorry you missed it, but this is the way things are, you're going to have to live with it."

Locking.