Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emotes?

Insidiatorii

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOPPPPPEE.

Next we'll ridiculous dance moves, and then you'll be able to marry your Warframe, then we have dogs and cats sleeping together! Anarchy.

Hate emotes with a passion and it would only break the little immersion WF already has.

No thank you!

The Hate is Strong with this One...

I would like to hear (or read?) your story with "emotes"... but yeah, we dont need uninmersive dances or things like that... but sometimes is boring waiting in extraction while the other are behind or stucked or things like that... let's try and erase "emotes" and replace it for... "Taunts"... not like the Team Fortress taunts of course...

Edited by Vykhram

I would enjoy emotes consistent with the Background. For example i kneel emote. I want that for so long now. or an emote to meditate in a state like nyxs absorb.

With that i can live (hell i would propably pay money for that) but dance moves and such crap? no that i wouldn't like. Not really good for immersion.

What no one wants to see Rhino's doing a haka, Excalibur's pulling a slick MJ'esque moonwalk or Ash doing some 60's dance move? What about Ember doing a flash dance?

Or just all 4 frames just doing the harlem shake.

Edit: can you imagine it? Excalibur with a bucket on his head?

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Throughout history all human beings have danced. From the days when we first invented fire to our present. Even honorable samurai dance. Ninjas dance. ALL humans dance. Why would it break immersion if warframes danced? Are warframes robots? Do they not have souls or feelings? Do they not experience happyness? We raise dogs and pet them, so they do have emotion. As it is now we have the universal tenno greeting of crouching and standing many times to say hello. Why not something more?

I want my tenno to do the windmill and I would gladly pay plat to do so.

What no one wants to see Rhino's doing a haka, Excalibur's pulling a slick MJ'esque moonwalk or Ash doing some 60's dance move? What about Ember doing a flash dance?

All I can see is a couple Loki's doin Kid n Play style leg hops. Ash would have serious Disco Fever. And Rhino would Cabbage Patch, cuz he's for noobs.

I want a dance emote too. Yes to completely shatter the serious atmosphere because there's no tension or seriousness when everyone is doing squats while waiting for the next wave to start. I would like Valkyr to do the kitty cat dance especially... while in hysteria.

But serious emotes like bowing are fine too... I guess... still, if your need to see your warframe dance, then there's always source filmmaker <:3

• 5 weeks later...

So the final battle resultes as - All-out Bang Bang Emotes Vs. Mild Reasonable Emotes.

I am in favor for emotes. Hearing the idea of breakdancing and doing silly stuff sounds a bit out of character but could be nice within the frame of hubs. Missions as they are more serious and Lotus oriented (and we all know Lotus has no sense of humor) could restrict the emotes being from mild and reasonable to slightly All-out Bang Bang. Like at worse you could do a bro-fist during missions.

I say bows and ninjaed stuff to the missions, Justing Beiber to the hubs.

Go play the pile of crap they call Destiny.

Please DE... No dance moves.

dude its not that big of a deal, and no need to trash talk or compare with another game, especially one that is far more out there than people make it to be. dances will be fun and lively and will actually promote sociability in warframe. doesnt have to be a serious game all the time

personally i don't like dancing, i'm not good at it, and probably i wouldn't dance too much in my life although there's some awesome dances in the world that i do would like to see but... not in warframe.

warframe is more like partnership-coordination and straightforward objective acomplishing. a dance emote will just don't fit in the game in my opinion.

although is known that body communication is something essential in this life used even now and sometimes even wrote
\o/   <Ya~Y!    /    o7  <sir, yes sir!  /  (;¬_¬)  /  (>_<) / [drawn representation of some emotes with letters and there's more here
http://japaneseemoticons.net/all-japanese-emoticons/])

so in warframe would be very warframe-ish (imo*) the "direction pointing action (with the arm and finger)", a "stop action/cease activity", a "meditation/waiting/stand by action (ones wich start moving and once it finish it stays quietly in the last position.).
and this kind of communication instead of "emotes" (imo) would be more useful for the game [specially for no mic or "no audio" players.]

giving to warframes "emotes" (i'm not saying emotions, i'm saying emotes.), [it just don't fit to me someone dancing in the background of a mission while others fight or "space dancing"] would look like "an army of one" losing his reasoning in the middle of his battle.

(in dojo this kind concept of "emotes" fits just perfectly for me although maybe i'm just curious how would be the dancing of 900 years in the (fictional) future of warframe.)

body communication would be so helpful in warframe.

[starting from the keyboard configuration [for me] is more instinctively using "enter" key instead of "t" key, don't know if this was changed or stay the same xD, sorry u.u.]

for example: it would be so useful specially when you're trying to communicate with someone who doesn't understand the language you speak (portuguese/spanish talking people sometimes can't understand each other.) so in mission would be an ultra plus this "action-expression" instead of "emotes".

the game can use the dojo for this emotes that DO push socializing. and warframes dancing / joking / jogging / doing excercise like push ups or so / sitting / bow down / gentleman's bow / butler's bow / guardsmen bow and so much bows that can't fire and arrow but may light a smile in our face can be added in this *kind of* place (imo).

[i would be interested in emotes like sitting calmly in your knees or staring aiming a bit upwards (without having to hold a weapon) xD.]

now that i gave my time writing. ¿would be possible for an emote ask for a "press action button to do [dual/team emote]" possible?

however remember this is just an opinion, sorry for the long post and thank you for reading it.

*imo: In My Opinion.