The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ingame Voting Poll System

Racercowboy

As we know, not everyone comes to the forums. Thus, when things are discussed on here their opinions or potentially good ideas are not heard. Why not integrate a voting poll within the game that people can use to give feedback from ingame?

For example, lets say Dual-Ak-Dex-Twin-Ogris-Prime-Wraith-Vandal was introduced to the game. Upon being placed into the game a poll can go up to give feedback on the weapon: Whether they think it's good as is, too OP, or too UP. As a little incentive to complete the poll there could be a small reward for voting in it, like credits or mats or something.

There could be a notification upon logging in that there is a poll to vote on, so people know. The codex does seem like a nice place for this.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that doing this for every thing they release is a bit overkill, but maybe when something becomes a hot topic on the forums is when it should be posted. Of course, I hope people understand that just because a poll says one thing doesn't mean that the devs will, or should, follow the results. I think Trinity's initial nerf, as well as the launcher ammo nerf, are examples where most people were unhappy, but it needed to happen for the sake of balancing the game. It seems to me that most people want OP stuff, and balance be damned.

That said, feedback is and always has been invaluable to the devs, and I think this is a great way to reach a wider player base, since I wager that the overwhelming majority of players aren't active on the forums, and this is probably especially true for console players.

Edited by (PS4)eximago

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that doing this for every thing they release is a bit overkill, but maybe when something becomes a hot topic on the forums is when it should be posted. Of course, I hope people understand that just because a poll says one thing doesn't mean that the devs will, or should, follow the results. I think Trinity's initial nerf, as well as the launcher ammo nerf, are examples where most people were unhappy, but it needed to happen for the sake of balancing the game. It seems to me that most people want OP stuff, and balance be damned.

That said, feedback is and always has been invaluable to the devs, and I think this is a great way to reach a wider player base, since I wager that the overwhelming majority of players aren't active on the forums, and this is probably especially true for console players.

I do agree that doing it for everything is overkill, but important changes or hot topics like you said would be nice for this. Also another reason why I suggested this was because when I talk to people in game about things, I tend to get a variety of different opinions, a lot of which I don't see on the forums.

Though indeed Things like launcher nerf (the trinity "nerf" was turned into a "buff" IMO) are needed for the overall game balance even if people hate it, and should be done despite peoples opinions. I do hope most people realize this.