Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon (Auto) Configs

skillabstinenz

Each weapon should have at least 5 configs, one for each "race".

They should be automatically chosen, depending on the mission's enemies you're fighting.
You'll fight Corpus? Your anti-Corpus config with magnetic- and toxic-damage gets chosen.
You'll fight in the Void? Your Void config gets chosen with corrosive and frost.
Same for Grineer, Infested and Tenno. Maybe one extra config for experimenting, which inhibits auto choosing.

The problem is, an alerts pops up like: Phoebe (Saturn): Enemy Support Squadrons Located - 35m - 6500cr
Do you know which enemies you'll face? No! So you got to Navigation - Planet - Mission, to see the enemy type. You're now one click away from starting, but you have to go all the way back to your loadout and change all four weapons and all the way forth again to then start the mission with the correct loadout.

That's just tedious. Damage 1.0 with one config fits them all was way more convenient.

I feel like another line saying the faction in the pop up of the alert would be an easier solution.

Indeed. At least for me, Grineer and Corrupted loadout are the same. And since I don't do PvP, three loadout options are enough. Moreso, since I use certain weapons only against certain enemies (Supra for Grineer, Gorgon for Corpus).

I feel like another line saying the faction in the pop up of the alert would be an easier solution.

That's only a band aid, you still have to change 4 weapon(config)s.

Indeed. At least for me, Grineer and Corrupted loadout are the same. And since I don't do PvP, three loadout options are enough. Moreso, since I use certain weapons only against certain enemies (Supra for Grineer, Gorgon for Corpus).

Grineer and Corrupted are the same? Lazy! Because of the tedious change I suppose! Btw, isn't Infest- = Corrupted-outfit the better choice?

But your argument remains valid.Then my proposition has to be extended to change weapons and maybe even frames and companions as well. :-P

Maybe it should work like the outfitter addon in WOW. You design outfit(part)s, which can be equipped manually and automatically on specific circumstances like PVP/safe zone/RP, while riding/flying/gathering etc. In WF those circumstances could be the enemy type you're facing or the mission type/level.

Grineer and Corrupted are the same? Lazy!

Lazy? No. But in my eyes, the most important enemies in the void are minigunners and Ancients - who have almost the same resistances as heavy Grineer. I am not a fan of rainbow-builds and instead go for one (combined) element, which in those two cases is corrosive, and some extra utility like a larger mag size.