Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusive Weapons/gear For Warframes?

LordOfScrugging

since i got your attention, no i don't mean weapons/gear for pc/ps4/xbone.

i was thinking more along the lines of weapons/gear exclusive to certain frames. like maybe give rhino(prime)/frost(prime) a big shield who's main purpose is to block damage with attacks being a couple of bashes but with extremely short range since its a shield.

maybe give ash/loki a tanto style weapon.

excaliber maybe getting excaliber.

maybe give volt a throwable spear that is electrically charged? maybe throw it like the glaive but it doesn't return unless you retrieve it. but on the contrary, while thrown it produces an electric field that damages enemies and paralyzes/staggers them like laser doors do to us. the trade off could be either keep your weapon near you or throw it and keep enemies at bay while damaging them

what do you think of specialized weapons for the frames?

How do you want to implement it with the current melee that we're having? So kinda like an alternate melees exclusive only for those frames. I kinda understand your point but then I'd hate to use the frame I don't like just because he/she has the weapon that I like

Well, Warframes are meant to be compatible with any play style and combat choice, so giving them exclusive weapons/tools seems a bit wierd [even counter productive], a Banshee or Nova Would benifit far more from a shield due to there inate frailness, giving excluvive weapons also seem counter productive since some people arnt confortable with certain weapons.

Well, Warframes are meant to be compatible with any play style and combat choice, so giving them exclusive weapons/tools seems a bit wierd [even counter productive], a Banshee or Nova Would benifit far more from a shield due to there inate frailness, giving excluvive weapons also seem counter productive since some people arnt confortable with certain weapons.

the way im thinking is that not all frames are meant to fit certain roles. like nova and banshee arent meant to be tanks so i dont see why they should get a shield. im only thinking of weapons that could help the frame fill their role more like big frames using a shield to be tanky. stealthy frames getting light weapons so they can run in, get quick hits, then get out (invisible and swinging giant hammers seem weird) thats only my thinking though. obviously there will be people that wanna run around with a small frame and swinging giant hammers. kinda why its a discussion

edit: could also be a reason to get people to use other frames instead of only ever sticking to one through out their entire time playing

Edited by Llelouche

the way im thinking is that not all frames are meant to fit certain roles. like nova and banshee arent meant to be tanks so i dont see why they should get a shield. im only thinking of weapons that could help the frame fill their role more like big frames using a shield to be tanky. stealthy frames getting light weapons so they can run in, get quick hits, then get out (invisible and swinging giant hammers seem weird) thats only my thinking though. obviously there will be people that wanna run around with a small frame and swinging giant hammers. kinda why its a discussion

edit: could also be a reason to get people to use other frames instead of only ever sticking to one through out their entire time playing

Well, ANY warframe would benefit from a shield, allowing for more ability to survive large barrage of firepower, any frame would benefit from quick weapons since they can usually proc/crit/stagger far more often and better, any frame would benifit from anything.

Saying that some frames look wierd with somethings, isnt realy valid with the tenno and thier fighting style, that style is everything that isnt stylish is for forfit, a trinity would wield a minigun as easily as Frost. A loki will wield a chainsword if he feels like it, a Rhino will wield a sniper/silent pistol as well as a autoshotgun. We dont care [or at least the ones who make/discovers weapons] about anything but looks.

Also people will stick to what ever is statisticly best and easiest to use [hence why Rhino and Loki Prime is considered the only good ones, I use whatever I feel like], giving some frames more weapons and others tools wont change such behavior. Having all frames on equal footing [one way or another] will cause more distrubition, having exclusive tools will either cause a shift in saturation, or a small glance from players unless if did perfectly.

Edited by Incrodon