Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Order Of The Releases Of Prime Warframes

Aktriaz

Since Nyx has basically been confirmed, I've started wondering who the next primes are going to be.

The primes are released by gender increments of 2, male male, female female, etc etc, you already know that.

It also seems they are going to be in order of release of the originals, or at least similar.

Almost of the closed beta warframe's have been done, except Nyx, Trinity, Ash and Volt, so it's safe to assume that after Nyx, Trinity will be primed.

Frost and Nyx were added in Update 6, both later than Trinity, Ash and Volt so not that close to original release schedule.  The oft misinterpreted statement regarding Primes and Vauban does mean that we are likely to see Banshee, Saryn, Trinity, Ash and Volt before any others but I believe the order is whatever cool design they settle on first.  In a devstream prior to Rhino Prime being added Mynki had said it was 99% chance to be either Rhino or Loki next.  I believe he was able to say that because they were the two they had a solid idea of how they wanted them to look and, yeah, they turned out to be the next two.  We now know Nyx is coming and expect another female frame to follow because of the apparent MMFF pattern but I doubt it will be Trinity.  Why?  Because I expect they are holding off on her until the long awaited new cloth physics are finished.  This could also explain the lack of Immortal skin for her if Trinity art design is on hold until they know what the new cloth will do to her when it arrives.

I may be incorrect on this, but I thought the Lore for Valkyr and Nova stated that they were created within Warframe's current ongoing timeline. Valkyr was created during the Zanuka Project and Nova was developed by the Tenno Council during the game's time.

Not exactly.  Valkyr was changed by what the Corpus did but they took her from cryopods.  The tenno and her warframe were from the Orokin era.  Nova is described as being a warframe designed by the Tenno Council but I don't think a time has ever been set for when that happened.  Pretty sure it has just been assumption that it was 'modern' due to the Design Council's influence on her design.  I don't think there is anything that says the Tenno Council didn't exist, and design Nova, during the Orokin Era. 

Edited by Katinka

but I doubt it will be Trinity.  Why?  Because I expect they are holding off on her until the long awaited new cloth physics are finished.  This could also explain the lack of Immortal skin for her if Trinity art design is on hold until they know what the new cloth will do to her when it arrives.

That actually does make me a little sad.

Trinity is the only frame i've got any interest in besides Ember but she already has her prime.

That actually does make me a little sad.

Trinity is the only frame i've got any interest in besides Ember but she already has her prime.

If it's any consolation, if I'm right, Trinity Prime will be awesome and worth the wait with brand new features that will make her movements so much smoother looking and leave all the other frames looking old.  ;)

Frost and Nyx were added in Update 6, both later than Trinity, Ash and Volt so not that close to original release schedule.  The oft misinterpreted statement regarding Primes and Vauban does mean that we are likely to see Banshee, Saryn, Trinity, Ash and Volt before any others but I believe the order is whatever cool design they settle on first.  In a devstream prior to Rhino Prime being added Mynki had said it was 99% chance to be either Rhino or Loki next.  I believe he was able to say that because they were the two they had a solid idea of how they wanted them to look and, yeah, they turned out to be the next two.  We now know Nyx is coming and expect another female frame to follow because of the apparent MMFF pattern but I doubt it will be Trinity.  Why?  Because I expect they are holding off on her until the long awaited new cloth physics are finished.  This could also explain the lack of Immortal skin for her if Trinity art design is on hold until they know what the new cloth will do to her when it arrives.

Not exactly.  Valkyr was changed by what the Corpus did but they took her from cryopods.  The tenno and her warframe were from the Orokin era.  Nova is described as being a warframe designed by the Tenno Council but I don't think a time has ever been set for when that happened.  Pretty sure it has just been assumption that it was 'modern' due to the Design Council's influence on her design.  I don't think there is anything that says the Tenno Council didn't exist, and design Nova, during the Orokin Era. 

I suppose that's a valid way of looking at the Nova Prime idea. My only question now is, since Valkyr is centered around the rage from the torture she experienced and her powers reflect that, so the justification for her prime will be interesting if a prime of her is made.

If it's any consolation, if I'm right, Trinity Prime will be awesome and worth the wait with brand new features that will make her movements so much smoother looking and leave all the other frames looking old.  ;)

Oh, i've got no problem waiting I was just living in hope that she'd be the next prime.

I do have a feeling you might be right though, especially after the dev stream and the talk about cloth. I think any frame with "danglies" (that sounds so wrong) will be looking at a longer wait time.

Think Banhsee/Saryn will probably follow Nyx.