Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Guide On Tranquil Cleave And Decisive Judgment

Valafor

Question

Since there was a recent change to the Decisive Judgment drop location as well as the recent alerts with one giving Tranquil Cleave, I decided to make a guide to tackle the question that emerged ever since the stances were added: Which one is superior?

Let's start with Tranquil Cleave. Tranquil Cleave as powerful strikes and combos that are useful for making an enemy's day very bad. While it does have a wide range and can hit multiple targets, it is rather stationary as a stance.

The first combo, Breathless Lunge, does multiple stabs, allowing massive damage to, for the most part, a single target.

Beyond Reproach has a nice lunge at the end, helping you close the distance, as well as several wide slashes hitting multiple targets.

Hook and Eye also has a nice lunge, but honestly I can not hit multiple enemies with ease unless they are quite tight knit.

Decisive Judgment, the second stance focuses on mobility and wide strikes.

Consent Decree launches you into the air like a tornado, allowing you to hit multiple targets and launching you quite a distance.

Swift Retribution once again launches you in the air with 2 slashes then an upward slash.

Silent Acumen is the most different combo. It breaks all momentum for several back to back slashes, doing high damage.

Verdict: Overall Tranquil Cleave probably has higher DPS but it does sacrifice mobility. The basic attacks are rather sluggish when compared to Decisive Judgment. Decisive Judgment has quick wide slashes and is highly mobile. In addition, the combos for DJ are much shorter than Tranquil, which encourages back to back combos. Likewise, TC has nice long combos to help dispatch tougher enemies and tight knit groups. In general Tranquil Cleave is more about stationary, powerful attacks while Decisive Judgment is about mobility and quick attacks, boiling it down to personal preference. Do not worry however, both stances have combos to help fit in to the other's niche, albeit doing a worse job at it. Tranquil Cleave's Hook and Eye can help close the distance and has mobility like Decisive Judgment, but not as mobile and Silent Acumen does powerful, stationary damage but not as much as Tranquil Cleave. This makes the two combos still good outside their niches.

So ultimately, choose which one fits your play style. The Nikanas are one of the best weapons not only because they deal lots of damage, but because of their versatility and their ability to adapt to your play styles.

4 answers to this question

Actually I find Tranquil cleave to be a highly mobile stance in that your movement is mostly unimpeded when performing breathless lunge, & beyond reproach. Pairing this stance with a fast warframe outfitted with stamina mods makes it nonstop movement while sprinting. I find Decisive judgement more stationary due to the fact that its first two combos have momentary pauses at the end/before the launch for crescent decree, & silent acumen respectively. These pauses leave you stationary for a moment during the animation meaning that they are less fluid when used while sprinting.

Overall they're both highly mobile stances the only thing I really find that sets decisive judgement apart from tranquil cleave is that its third combo is better. It's a nice solid low movement single target damage combo, hook & eye falls short of this plus the last attack has low range & no override so its really clunky to use.

Honestly I don't particular like either stance very much. If the combos were as good as say, clashing forest or flailing branch, there might actually be reason to pick dragon nikana over dakra prime. I will say though that DJ is, IMO, the better of the two, because of the faster EEE more than anything. 

Edited by The_Rising_Dusk

Honestly I don't particular like either stance very much. If the combos were as good as say, clashing forest or flailing branch, there might actually be reason to pick dragon nikana over dakra prime. I will say though that DJ is, IMO, the better of the two, because of the faster EEE more than anything.

Well there is good reason for choosing a Dragon Nikana over Dakra Prime. I am assuming you use Crimson dervish for this argument.Crimson Dervish is INCREDIBLY stationary. You have very little forward momentum, whereas Decisive Judgment has far more forward momentum, a lot like clashing forest actually. However, I do not find it fair to compare Bo Prime and Dragon Nikana because the Dragon Nikana does waaay more damage but the Bo Prime is really a status weapon, serving its own purposes.