Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Silence Rework

yarash2110

So i thought about a new silence, so heres the idea

The moment you use silence all of the enemies become unalerted and will not attack you, and they won't attack you for the duration of the skill unless you damage them, or touch them, in that case they will start attacking you if they are still alive,

So feel free to write your opinion in the comments

Base on your description, I think it is the same as what Silence is doing right now ? Or do you mean enemies can't see you?

Why don't do the opposite : Enemies can see you, but they are senseless to damage done on them so Banshee can stealthily eliminate them while hiding in cover.

I feel like the idea of basically turning Silence into a sort of Invisibility would be a better idea. Right now, Silence is only good for solo play. If you play in a party, it's utterly useless as your allies just run in like "hey, we're just raiding your ship, hope you don't mind death!". I think it would become a better skill if it removed enemy sense of your presence to draw away fire and for reviving allies.

Base on your description, I think it is the same as what Silence is doing right now ? Or do you mean enemies can't see you?

Why don't do the opposite : Enemies can see you, but they are senseless to damage done on them so Banshee can stealthily eliminate them while hiding in cover.

right now it does nothing but stun alerted enemies once,

What i mean is as you said, they won't be able to hear or see you, only "feel" you once the get damaged or touched by you

And unalerted enemies will be effected by this too

Silence is fine as it is in the direct combat department. Not sure how it performs in actual stealth missions though.

Note to self

Make a video of silence in defense missions to show how powerful it is

i might have just missed an update to it, could you explain to me what does it do now?

i might have just missed an update to it, could you explain to me what does it do now?

Whenever an enemy first enters the aura they get stunned.

It can only affect each enemy once per cast so I like Fleeting Expertise on her to reduce the duration. That gives more control over when to get the stun. While it is active it will stun enemies that enter the aura but generally they're so far away when they first enter that it's not an amazing feature. The best thing about Silence is it stuns everything in a huge area when you first cast it. The stun duration is not reduced by FE.

It can only affect each enemy once per cast so I like Fleeting Expertise on her to reduce the duration. That gives more control over when to get the stun. While it is active it will stun enemies that enter the aura but generally they're so far away when they first enter that it's not an amazing feature. The best thing about Silence is it stuns everything in a huge area when you first cast it. The stun duration is not reduced by FE.

so it's like a 2 seconds stun... so it wasn't changed since i last saw it

so whats so amazing about it again?

for a 2 seconds stun unaffected by duration and only once on each enemy? for 75 energy?!

With Fleeting Expertise you reduce the aura duration which allows you to stun once every 8 seconds or so. Between that and Soundquake you can keep every enemy locked down at all times. You could only use Soundquake but Silence is a good filler in between Soundquakes when you need to change positions or fire your gun.

The energy cost does not matter with maxed power efficiency. I'm using Fleeting Expertise and the Arcane Chorus Helmet for a total of 70% efficiency, only 5% less than the cap.

Banshee does not suffer from losing power duration because none of her CC is affected. Sonar does not need to last very long. With FE it lasts 9 seconds which is plenty.

Edited by Inmemoratus

With Fleeting Expertise you reduce the aura duration which allows you to stun once every 8 seconds or so. Between that and Soundquake you can keep every enemy locked down at all times. You could only use Soundquake but Silence is a good filler in between Soundquakes when you need to change positions or fire your gun.

The energy cost does not matter with maxed power efficiency. I'm using Fleeting Expertise and the Arcane Chorus Helmet for a total of 70% efficiency, only 5% less than the cap.

Banshee does not suffer from losing power duration because none of her CC is affected. Sonar does not need to last very long. With FE it lasts 9 seconds which is plenty.

every frame can be amazing with mods, im not talking about mods and spamming the ability to stunlock, how about making this 75 energy skill actually worth 75 energy? try to compare it to other skills, invis, radial blind, rhino stomp, this ability is barely worth anything in its current state, 

but if you do like the ability, forget about what i said above, and think about the thread itself, the idea for the skill, don't you think it will be useful? have highlevel potential? worth 75 energy balanced and better then a 2 seconds stun?

every frame can be amazing with mods, im not talking about mods and spamming the ability to stunlock, how about making this 75 energy skill actually worth 75 energy? try to compare it to other skills, invis, radial blind, rhino stomp, this ability is barely worth anything in its current state, 

but if you do like the ability, forget about what i said above, and think about the thread itself, the idea for the skill, don't you think it will be useful? have highlevel potential? worth 75 energy balanced and better then a 2 seconds stun?

The idea is to make it force enemies into an unalert state? I don't think DE will do that because it doesn't match the thematics of the ability. Banshee is shutting off sound, not light. Enemies can still see.

Furthermore, would you really be playing stealth if you had a skill to force enemies to no longer be alert? I mean sure technically the game would give you credit for "stealth kills" but you can't honestly call it stealth gameplay. You're just walking into a room in plain sight of enemies, hitting a button, and killing them. That's not stealth.

The way it currently works supports real stealth gameplay by muting your weapon. Is it useful? Worth 75 energy? No way. Is the stun worth 75? No. That's why I recommend max energy efficiency. I do think they should reduce the cost so it's more useful for other builds.

Edited by Inmemoratus

The idea is to make it force enemies into an unalert state? I don't think DE will do that because it doesn't match the thematics of the ability. Banshee is shutting off sound, not light. Enemies can still see.

Furthermore, would you really be playing stealth if you had a skill to force enemies to no longer be alert? I mean sure technically the game would give you credit for "stealth kills" but you can't honestly call it stealth gameplay. You're just walking into a room in plain sight of enemies, hitting a button, and killing them. That's not stealth.

there are so many fixes and reworks needed for stealth, i don't think it's that important....

first of all it gives no reward to stealth kill enemies,

second of all there are a lot of missions that start off with enemies already alerted, 

there is a side objective that says kill 10 unaltered enemies which does give a bonus, but it shows up in all missions, even those who start with enemies alerted, 

and the enemies themselves are not that perfect when not aware of the tenno,

so i don't think it will break the game experience or anything, but that's just my opinion

You don't have to recast Silence every time new enemies enter the room. Enemies just walk into your range and get stunned. It creates noticeable gaps in combat where your entire team can take a 2-second breather to set up CC, reload, revive, etc.

You're right, Silence is not the reason you bring Banshee to an endless mission. But it complements her other skills nicely. For example, while the enemy is holding their head, they are most likely exposing Sonar weak points. You can combine it with Sonic Boom to keep enemies locked down even longer. And you can cast Silence, copter/somersault into an area where you need to Sound Quake, and then set up Sound Quake safely without having to worry about enemies shooting at you during the startup animation.

It also "marks" enemies by making them glow your energy color. This is actually really useful for alerting you about immediate threats.

More players need to look at skills beyond their intended benefits. Silence actually makes Banshee really fun to play for me for this reason. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of skills in this game that can be applied in the same manner.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

You don't have to recast Silence every time new enemies enter the room. Enemies just walk into your range and get stunned. It creates noticeable gaps in combat where your entire team can take a 2-second breather to set up CC, reload, revive, etc.

You're right, Silence is not the reason you bring Banshee to an endless mission. But it complements her other skills nicely. For example, while the enemy is holding their head, they are most likely exposing Sonar weak points. You can combine it with Sonic Boom to keep enemies locked down even longer. And you can cast Silence, copter/somersault into an area where you need to Sound Quake, and then set up Sound Quake safely without having to worry about enemies shooting at you during the startup animation.

It also "marks" enemies by making them glow your energy color. This is actually really useful for alerting you about immediate threats.

More players need to look at skills beyond their intended benefits. Silence actually makes Banshee really fun to play for me for this reason. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of skills in this game that can be applied in the same manner.

i look at silence and see a skill that is not worth more then 20 energy without any energy efficiency mods, yet it takes 75

i look at silence and see a skill that is not worth more then 20 energy without any energy efficiency mods, yet it takes 75

It's really not that big of a deal if you're using Efficiency mods, which would likely already are using if you are running Sonar/Sound Quake. Which you should.

If the benefits of Silence don't appeal to your style of play, then that's fine. Banshee has three other forms of CC to work with. But I personally like it, and other players like it as well.

It's really not that big of a deal if you're using Efficiency mods, which would likely already are using if you are running Sonar/Sound Quake. Which you should.

If the benefits of Silence don't appeal to your style of play, then that's fine. Banshee has three other forms of CC to work with. But I personally like it, and other players like it as well.

i'm done arguing, you simply don't want banshee to be usefull, you say that a 2 second stun that costs 75 energy is good just for the argument that she won't get a better skill, and so what if you can use effiency mods, energy cost still matters a lot, it seems like you locked your mind on this useless thing that you don't even want to listen to any other idea,

Just answer me this if you want to keep arguing about this

Do you agree that what i suggested is better then silence in it's current state?

Do you agree that my suggestion won't make banshee op?

Do you agree that this will make a better and more balanced endgame skill?

Thats it

i'm done arguing, you simply don't want banshee to be usefull, you say that a 2 second stun that costs 75 energy is good just for the argument that she won't get a better skill, and so what if you can use effiency mods, energy cost still matters a lot, it seems like you locked your mind on this useless thing that you don't even want to listen to any other idea,

Just answer me this if you want to keep arguing about this

Do you agree that what i suggested is better then silence in it's current state?

Do you agree that my suggestion won't make banshee op?

Do you agree that this will make a better and more balanced endgame skill?

Thats it

Ah, the classic "He's not agreeing with me, so he must be closed-minded" defense.

you simply don't want banshee to be usefull

What game do you play again?

You asked me to state my opinion in the comments, so I'm not sure why you're getting defensive if you're not going to be open to the fact that it performs fine in open combat and doesn't need to be touched in that field.

In my original post, I said, "I'm not sure how it performs in actual stealth missions." Maybe I didn't make myself clear before, but my point was that I wouldn't want the two second stun to go away. But I am open to it changing how it actually works in stealth missions. Moreover, I am open to creative solutions to giving Silence a unique role in Stealth missions because I don't play them very often, and thus, this wouldn't affect how I play my preferred game modes. What you suggested was basically just a slightly-tweaked Radial Blind without the melee boost component. It doesn't really offer anything new to the playing field. And it doesn't even make sense for an ability called Silence; Silence abilities don't impeded an enemy's vision. Yes, it would be better than what Silence currently is, but it wouldn't fit with the theme of the skill. So I can't get behind it. Sorry.

All I'm saying is that Silence is fine for open combat. Do whatever you want with it in regards to stealth, but don't touch the stun. It's a lot more useful than you'd think.

The one point on which I can agree with you, after thinking about it for a bit, is the energy cost. I said it's not that big of a deal with Efficiency mods, and I still stand by that opinion. But if it were reduced to 50 energy, I think it could be more usable in Stealth missions for its intended purpose.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

so it's like a 2 seconds stun... so it wasn't changed since i last saw it

so whats so amazing about it again?

Synergy and positioning

Use it with the Lanka

Novas boom power

Vauban

Elec gas and radiation procs

Torid

Work out the range you want for silence and build for it

In void defense a max range can stop all enemies at the stairway and just past the big door that you come out from, making everything nice and tightly grouped for an easy death

If you build imilar ways for survival, focusing on shorter range and perhaps more power for sonar, you can camp doorways and get nice damage boosts on anything that tries to come your way

The best part about sonar is its a durational stun and can synergize with other powers and weapons so perfectly