Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing On The Event?

CRAFTTHIS

Well what I was going to try later today is to try disabling subtitles (if possible). I noticed in the patch notes that there was something about subtitles they fixed.

After that, try the mission without a sentinel or kubrow. There was something in the patch notes about fixing some crashing issue with regards to those.

Someone mentioned that there's a boss 'cutscene' in the event, which is likely when I'm freezing and crashing. I would try checking if there's an option to disable those in the settings.

Aside from that, the only hotfix you might be able to do is try to join a game as or after someone triggers the bosses. If you can get in the game after the event that triggers the bosses and crashes you out, you might be able to complete and get credit for the mission.

I get the crash handler each time and have filled it out multiple times. However, after a couple times, I stop submitting them if I haven't tried anything new because it's the same issue with the same exact cause.

I'll try lowering all the specs too, maybe that fixes it for me, I'll edit with the results.

If you're experiencing crashes, especially if you've had them before in derelict missions, try switching to DX10 in launcher options and see if it makes a difference.  In the past I've seen reports that this fixes regular crashes for some people.

The corrupt cache issue posted above looks like it's unrelated to DX11, but feel free to post your WAR- bug numbers and it will give us a better idea of what's going on.

If you're experiencing crashes, especially if you've had them before in derelict missions, try switching to DX10 in launcher options and see if it makes a difference.  In the past I've seen reports that this fixes regular crashes for some people.

The corrupt cache issue posted above looks like it's unrelated to DX11, but feel free to post your WAR- bug numbers and it will give us a better idea of what's going on.

Hello Whirrrrr, Thanks for the help!

I've post the WAR code in this thread with all the info of what I've try to do and fix it myself:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311688-gate-crash-crashes-me/#entry3530159

I did try switching to DX10, however, that didn't work either.

I will start posting WAR numbers later, but I'm on a Win XP/ DX9 system, so errors with DX10 and 11 shouldn't even be an issue.

OK so, here's all I did to manage to start the event, not sure what fixed it, but at least now I'm inside the mission, i'll update this if it crashes again

Out-Game: verified that all drives are updated, verified that all my computer's pieces are working as intended. (RAM, etc.) Reinstalled Warframe.

In-game: Turned off all display options. left on only: Bloom, Color Correction, Dynamic Lighting and weapon elemental FX. Left Kubrow Home.

(copy&paste'd from my thread, link above.)

I completed the event only twice out the seven attempts at it last night.

Hardly ever had the game crash, none that I recall on Vault runs ( farming Mirage solo was painful but no crashes )

Had it crash even after verifying and optimizing the cache.

I did submit reports after every crash.

I think i will wait for a fix on the boss crash, while i have completed the event, i still had my share of crashes and right now when it comes to farming for stuff in the event and gaining more points, sometimes it's not worth it.

I spend some time searching the caches, i revive, i kill enemies and then at the boss.............. i crash, making my progress a waste of time.

When things are fixed i'll be back on track.

Post hotfix 14.7.3, still crashing.

Played 2 non-event missions without crashing. Tried the event mission and crashed at two bosses.

Error report numbers are as follows,

WAR-

Edited by Ryme

it crashes every time the lotus tells me i am surrounded and the capture icons appear on the map. so i have 0 event score!

You may be doing the wrong event. There are no capture targets.

Edited by Ryme

Try unequipping your sentinel/kubrow.

Running without a companion doesn't fix things.  

I have also redownloaded the game, verified the cache and tried everything else I could think of.

DE!!!!!!   Please, can we have some information on whether or not you know what is causing the crash, or if you are still searching.

Edited by Starfreak911

Running without a companion doesn't fix things.  

I have also redownloaded the game, verified the cache and tried everything else I could think of.

DE!!!!!!   Please, can we have some information on whether or not you know what is causing the crash, or if you are still searching.

Yeah, for a while it was working and I even made it off Earth. Then immediately started crashing again on Phobos. Also, the crasher reporter can't even connect to the report server now.

If I do manage to complete the event, I will damned well have earned it, lol.

Edited by Ryme

i get the same thing as everyone else i tired everything i can possibly think of to fix it with no luck. sometimes i get through and make maybe 1 run without it crashing then like 6 times i crash in a row. hope you guys fix this tomorrow.

error codes war-320449 and war-320433

*edit*

its definitly crashing because of the triggering of the boss battle dialouge or something along those lines.

new error codes as of 9/19/2014

war-321137

Edited by Alien_Bezerker