Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.7.1

[DE]Rebecca

While I always prefer weapons that don't require research, I do appreciate the reduced research time on the Buzlok.  When you bumped it up for one of the last weapons to 3.5 days I feared you were slipping to the dark side, so it's only fair I give you props when you bump one down.

In event missions the flying boss sometimes goes missing. Jumps through the ground and is nowhere to be found. Making the mission unable to complete. Not even a mark on the map, no key, no progress. Also, make them impossible to ragdoll. They may fly way off the map with a lucky boltor shot. And so does the key on them.

There are two consoles just across the room. Why cannot we activate them both? They are easy to defend. They are close to each other.

Some places are too dark and flashlights don't activate automatically there.

From patch 14.7.0:

PvP Change: Ash’s Bladestorm reduced to 0.25 damage multiplier from 0.5.

I would simply make every PVE enemy have the same amount of health as we do and manage the rest with armor/resistance. As for PvP simply give players a base resistance against every player-based ability. If you balance everything properly in PvE, PvP will be just as balanced.

As for not damage abilities, stuns should simply work as slows against players (and bosses, stalkers, etc.) and never be ignored (like in case of stalker... that's ridiculous, seriously).

Diminishing returns should also be added into the game, repeated slow/knockdown etc. should be limited in effectiveness over instances.

I realize making core changes isn't easy - but they already proved their worth in other games. I know you want yours to be unique but don't cling to things that already failed.

Energy Vampire will no longer provide energy to Banshees performing Sound Quake so as to prevent infinite energy usage.

It feels like the easy way out. Also feels plain wrong. No I don't like Banshee, not using it either. Still, this change is the same as those before - pure nerfing, done in panic. It's like an invisible wall where players shouldn't tread, instead of making a proper barrier built within the map properly. It's like you wait so players find something fun/powerful/effective in-game and nerf the cr*p out of it in the name of balance. Like you wanna chase away all players eventually. Go ahead, it's your game, I still feel sad though. We saw many of these things already and all of them could have been solved just as effectively while in a way less obtrusive way.

| Frost's Globe: Instead of trying to manage a static health stat for a globe which could never work (plain and simple impossible without it adapting to the situation somewhat), why not letting go of obsolete ideas and try something new? Even if you want to cling to the original concept (of a weird looking white globe that looks out of place, with a hole at the top...), hell, even if you want to add health to it, just plain and simple give it a max.sustained dmg per second. That way you can make the globe live a certain amount of minimum time. I still feel, that forgetting that concept and making it into a snow-storm that lowers the damage of any ranged attack that touches it by 25% (so 3 globes lowers it to 42% or so) would be much better.

| Trinity's Blessing: It's no balancing, no change, it's just pure nerf. You simply lowered it's effectiveness - no wonder people raged about it. Why not changing it properly, giving something in exchange for what you take? You took invulnerability? Sure. Give duration! Give powa! Nice colors! Something! What I would have done:

- Make Well of Life turn target into a well of life, meaning that it would make the enemy get damaged (shields first!) every second and every time the enemy loses health, heal that amount (multiplied by an amount you want, affected by ability-power mods) to allies in range as a green pulse we already love. Note that I wrote "every time the enemy loses health", so not just when the ability damages them but even if they are getting fleshwounds from shots or bites or whatever. Stun is not necessary but makes it a more powerful ability. Slow is sufficient. No need to enemy resistance or whatever. In fact without slow or stun, you could activate it on an enemy that Nyx controls and then you have a walking blood pack with ya...

- Energy Vampire: It's fine.

- Link: Damage share. Enemies within range get 50% dmg of everything that hits the user of Link. Link affects allies within range too, providing them with the same effect (and can chain amongst allies, thus even if you are too far from Trinity, if an ally is within range to you and Trinity you too get affected). The rest of the dmg is shared between allies that are affected. Either simply dividing it by their number or by max.shield+health percentage, whichever is lower. In latter case it means that the leaking damage (that get's through link to the player) is compared to that player's max health and shield as for how much percentage of that it is.

Example:

Trinity has 400shield and 200health, that's 600. Link let's through a dmg of 200. Another player is affected by Link, a Rhino with 500shield and 600health. That damage compared to Trinity's stats is third of that 600 mentioned above. If we take half of this 30%, that's 15%. For Trinity, that's a good deal, 90dmg is better than 100 which would have been the mentioned leaked damage divided by 2. For Rhino on the other hand that means 165dmg. Ouch, nearly double the amount. So Trinity takes 90 dmg since the % was more beneficial for her but the Rhino get's 100 as if we used the simple division by 2.

If it wasn't a Rhino but a new guy with 50 shield and 25 health, % would be used for both, meaning 90dmg for Trinity and 11,25... rounded up to 12 dmg to the new guy.

Always, whichever is more beneficial, per player.

- Blessing: No invulnerability. In fact, I'm not sure that even healing is needed. Sure it's helpful but honestly when you truly need that health it's already too late - at that time enemies nearly one-hit you. On the other hand when you have enough time to use this ability to save the others, it's enough to plain use the above mentioned Well of life (if you do it right of course and stay together). It's no secret that I'm fond of harassing people that are detrimental to the team so let them die. Want healing? Stay close. Protect poor Trinity. Or get protected, since Link is kewl if it works on allies too.

I would turn Blessing into a blessing instead. Damage resistance buff that get's stronger the more health is missing. Not at activation but as it's active. So you are reaching 0? Bah, good luck to the enemy killing you with 99% resistance! Also why not giving half of that resistance as damage buff too at the same time? Hmm? Sounds kinky? Yeah. OP? Hardly like a pure invulnerability buff or a "press this button for localized armageddon" kind of ability.

Fixed an issue where enemies caught in Vauban’s Vortex will oscillate and vibrate in an unappealing way.

What is an appealing way to oscillate and vibrate? :D Okay, jokes aside I'm just mentioning this because of the above written pvp thingie. I've noticed (as many many many many others) that Stalker and kin are not affected by certain abilities. What I would do:

- Diminishing returns, the more times you slow poor guy, the less effective it is. Same to everything else but different types of effects are managed separately so slowing and knocking someone over isn't the same but slowing them with 2 different abilities is.

- Abilities that would render enemies completely inactive, like Vortex, Bastille, Radial Blind, explosion of Discoball of Terror etc. only slow bosses and specials (Stalker, Zanuka) but do affect them. These should slow them more than normal slow effects that on the other affect them less than normal enemies (so Frost's globe only slows movement of Stalker instead of attacks too... maybe). And no, no enemy should be able to pure and simple turn off our abilities one after another, even if they are the Stalker. Anti-tenno-ability-magic? Okay, okay, disable an ability for us a bit, but give it a cooldown so other abilities can be used in the future.

- To provide challenge and fairness during our fights with hunters (like Stalker), simply hardcap the damage they can take in one go and implement a "minievent" when they sustain too much damage. Like Stalker going up in smoke and not appearing for a bit, healing a little even. If you plain and simple maw down their hp without huge jumps, they don't run away to strike later, they just plain die. Okay, 1-2 occasions can't hurt. It's fun waiting for them or getting hit by surprise as long as they don't one-hit you. This way even without ridiculous damage, they could be fun and challenging.

Interesting update in general, and nice to see a hotfix in the game, but there are still a few things that have been ignored for too long.

Still no fix for stupid Kubrows putting their head into my gun barrel when I aim? How about getting this fixed soon? I haven't been able to use any of the explosive payload weapons ever since I started using a Kubrow due to them sticking their head into the barrel and catching a bukkake of rockets/grenades in their face at point-blank range. It also makes sniping a very challenging, if not impossible task when you try to line up a shot and that useless sack of excrement keeps blocking as many of my shots as possible with its stupid bat-face.

Another thing about Kubrows I'd like to point out is that they seem to be in a constant state of hyperactivity, which would indicate there is something wrong about them. Animals aren't active all the time. They rest, sit still, sleep and sometimes they will not do much other than just wander around lazily. After watching my Kubrow spinning around., laying down, getting up, laying down, sleeping for 2 seconds, getting up and bounce aimlessly non-stop before resuming the spin-cycle all over again, I have started suspecting that I either have 4 Kubrows writhing in constant agony or with permanent brain damage, neither of which is a very pleasant thought.

And the "puppies" (or whatever you call the larval state of a Kubrow), when they drag their backsides across the incubator floor... Canines (not sure what the Kubrows are meant to be) in real life usually do that if they have parasites. Worms, in other words. It makes me want to find a vet to de-worm them or "euthanise" them by kicking them out of the airlock to quickly end their torment, knowing what they will end up like when matured into an adult.

And last, but not least... Why do the Kubros have a fixed turn circle in missions? they can turn around in the small space of the incubator/cage floor with no problems. Why do they sometimes moonwalk slowly in a circle with their legs flailing wildly at 10000RPM? Why don't they wallrun like the players do as promised in a devstream, but instead jump into the bottomless pits to teleport next to player? Why don't they often try to pry open the lockers even if they have rammed their faces halfway trough the lockers? Why is their AI so mentally challenged? Why are they so broken? Why, why, WHY?

*gasp for air*

That's all. See, the Kubrows still need a lot of tweaking, and should have at least some priority before going on a wanton frame nerf rampage.

Edited by SoanoS

Man this game is buggy, from capture targets not dying to not being able to pick em up after they die, to missions loading wrong type to missions loading wrong mission.

Also we get these events but no FAQ. Like does the nerf effect from the event go on all frames or the one equipped and does the nerf only apply in event missions? And so on...

Thanks but hmm...

Or the bug where the menu becomes inactive and you just stand there and stuff...

Or the bug where my sentinel sucks everything up but it never really gets to me and all the junk just follows me all the while I cannot revive a person or open anything... lmao.

I've read some other posts now aswell and overall some threads saying that you should focus on fixing everything and then on content, ofcourse there's different teams working on different things but still. Too much stuff while 1/10 of the game is basicly broken. Also it may be time for some sort of UNSTUCK button that places you somewhere back near the host or some other player if you're the host and you can only use it once a mission or something, so many ways to get stuck really (and all because movement has been so nerfed over the months that I tend to end up doing the weirdest S#&$ty stunts).

Edited by scavenge

- Make Well of Life turn target into a well of life, meaning that it would make the enemy get damaged (shields first!) every second and every time the enemy loses health, heal that amount (multiplied by an amount you want, affected by ability-power mods) to allies in range as a green pulse we already love. Note that I wrote "every time the enemy loses health", so not just when the ability damages them but even if they are getting fleshwounds from shots or bites or whatever. Stun is not necessary but makes it a more powerful ability. Slow is sufficient. No need to enemy resistance or whatever. In fact without slow or stun, you could activate it on an enemy that Nyx controls and then you have a walking blood pack with ya...

Isn't that how WoL worked pre- first Trinity nerf? I'd love it if they did that.