Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage Mods ? Really De ? Slash Damage ?

Sonicbullitt

The physical damage mods are already useless enough we don't need more niche mods that barely anyone uses. People are still going to use elemental damage over physical damage mods any day, because elemental mods base off your damage on a whole and not a specific damage type. These new event mods are not even dual stat mods like previous elemental/proc chance mods, They are just plain old slash damage and nothing else. Not to mention we already have slash damage mods why flood the mod pool even more when these release after the timed exclusivity ? 

Seems you guys either don't know how to balance weapons and mods properly or simply refuse to balance them.

Get over yourself. I like slash damage and plenty of people do. I don't always use elemental damage, and using these mods can nullify the need for elementals in some cases. Elemental damage isn't the best in every case, and was only so because of the multipliers it gave you and the lack of mods associated with certain physical types.

So, basically, everything you just said can be easily refuted. To top it all off, you don't know anything about how a dev cycle works, so please come back when you've made a game yourself.

Edited by Kashiki

Get over yourself. I like slash damage and plenty of people do. I don't always use elemental damage, and using these mods can nullify the need for elementals in some cases. Elemental damage isn't the best in every case, and was only so because of the multipliers it gave you and the lack of mods associated with certain physical types.

So, basically, everything you just said can be easily refuted. To top it all off, you don't know anything about how a dev cycle works, so please come back when you've made a game yourself.

Yes, declare that his opinion is crap and yours is the voice of truth, that's mature.

Truth is, you don't know what's going on at DE any more than the OP or I do.

I don't need to know how to make a game to critique it. Ever heard of reviews ? When it comes to balancing De is inexperienced they have only made like 3 games besides warframe . Not to mention warframe is their very first mmo. De, no doubt have very talented people but when it comes to balancing their inexperience shows. There are so many weapons with inconsistent stats, they either over buff or over nerf something.

Back to the Mods

The problem is these mods are not any different than physical damage mods we already have besides more % dmg to the physical damage stat, unlike previous elemental event mods which added proc chance on of the extra elemental damage. Which made them more unique while still giving you a reason to use them. Physical damage mods do not scale off base damage therefore the damage does not scale as well when you add damage mods like serration. Physical damage mods only work with a few select weapons that need to have high slash damage anyway and don't work on elemental only weapons either therefore making them less versatile. Unless they are new and don't have the mods yet most players will not use physical damage modes as the benefits are negligible. I have brought facts to my argument and have backed my claims with evidence. If my argument is so easily refuted please feel free to enlighten me and prove me wrong.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Have you actually tried using the mods yet?

Like, on the Flux Rifle?

And did you know that increasing slash/puncture/impact damages increases the "base" damage for your weapon thereby making elemental damage even higher due to stacking?

I'm not pulling your leg. With a weapon that has high base slash damage, applying this mod can boost the elemental damage of each applied element by several hundred. That's per element. You could probably get a net damage gain of  1,000 on weapons with large slash base damage if you're using an elemental build.

Elemental damage is applied at the end of the damage modifiers, meaning the higher you can get your base damage values (slash/puncture/impact) the higher your elemental damage will be.

lol really? so many upvotes? event mods are good but not for these reasons. u r wrong on this

The issue is that the old 30/60/70 Physical mods could have just been buffed to 90~120%.

Then, we could have gotten Physical dual-stat mods for guns that pair one of the three damage types up with Reload Speed, Mag Size, and Fire Rate (which we badly need better mods for).

I would love that, If de put a unique spin on these new event mods like the dual stat elementals I would actually give these mods a shot. the utility mods sadly are being left in the dust :( . I personally would love to see them work as auras this would make them more relevant and viable.

Personnaly... it's not what type of mod it is or whatever that's bugging me. It's the fact that it's nothing special that annoys me.

Really? Upgrading slash damage? At least add something new!

Like: Slash/Acc or something.

Edited by jjpdn

The physical damage mods are already useless enough we don't need more niche mods that barely anyone uses. People are still going to use elemental damage over physical damage mods any day, because elemental mods base off your damage on a whole and not a specific damage type. These new event mods are not even dual stat mods like previous elemental/proc chance mods, They are just plain old slash damage and nothing else. Not to mention we already have slash damage mods why flood the mod pool even more when these release after the timed exclusivity ? 

Seems you guys either don't know how to balance weapons and mods properly or simply refuse to balance them.

at least they didn't give us a U2 album

IMHO they should work just like elemental mods

Yes, that would be the easiest and most sensible fix. Just make them go off base damage instead of off only the particular type of damage they boost. Make them add the physical type if it's not there already.

I still really don't like how physical damage mods scale only by the base value of that damage type itself (e.g. +150% Slash Damage still results in zero Slash Damage on a gun with 0 base Slash) instead of scaling from the base total physical damage itself. This (along with the crap +30% Physical Damage mods) was among the most complained-about things about Damage 2.0 since its release; I'm shocked that nothing whatsoever has been done about it for 10 months and counting.

I mean, the scaling-from-its-own-type's-base thing, we can understand from a lore-wise perspective (imagine a set of throwing knives that do more bludgeoning than stabbing). What I don't understand is why the devs seem so intent on leaving the mods at 30%, then releasing these 120% mods as a bandaid of sorts. I mean, nobody except Miter proc stackers is even going to consider using the 30% mod; that's not even close to being an acceptable amount of uses that a mod has.

Edited by SortaRandom

Personnaly... it's not what type of mod it is or whatever that's bugging me. It's the fact that it's nothing special that annoys me.

Really? Upgrading slash damage? At least add something new!

Like: Slash/Acc or something.

This is another thing that also bothers me, they didn't do anything different with them

yea, since IPS mods don't scale from base like elemental mods, they are almost always a damage loss, unless there is a LOT of it..  120% of it!

the 120% slash, does increase the damage on high very slash weapons like Dread, but its quite Minimal.

all it does is more the damage from elemental to Slash

so...

normal dread http://goo.gl/ymAjCW

31740 total damage but only 7720 slash
vs a commando 42377 damage with over half of that in corrosive 27022

swap out cold for slash  http://goo.gl/429W6f and your total damage goes up to 33284 about 500 more, but now more of the damage is in slash so your damage on a Commando is about the same.

but VS ancients.. your damage rockets up.

so vs infested, its worth loosing an elemental mod, otherwise its, not much different from another element.

but if you break the corrosive combo to use it, your damage Drops vs things that are not 75% weak to Slash.

and on most other weapons I can see it dropping damage.

Endgame Corrosive soma, does 28k in clip, around 43k burst on Ancients and Commandos, trying to use 120% slash on this drops the DPS in clip down to 25k and depending on your element almost halves your damage vs ancients/commandos.

Edited by Tatersail