Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Twister Sisters.

Zardica

Or at least, that's what I like to call Sprag and Ven'kra.

Am I the only one kinda disappointed in them? I was super hyped about some new lore in the game, but I've fully scanned them both and got nothing, though I've gathered quite a bit about them from their voice lines. It's really not often you see female Grinner characters, so I was kind bummed.

Also, while their new animations are really cool, it would be much more interesting if Sprag used the Jat Kittag, instead of the Manticore, maybe Ven'ka could use the Buzlok as well! I hope these two are going to get some polish and replace the Bosses of Phobos, because that's been long overdue.

What do you guys think?

I'm also disappointed that their model is simply a modified female Grineer a la Ballista, instead of getting their own model. It doesn't help that their Hellion jet pack wasn't even redesigned and used mismatched textures compared to theirs.

I do agree that Sprag should use Jat Kittag. It's just fitting with the whole jet-thing, especially because she can do a fiery hammer slam with her weapon. We already have one of the G3 using Manticore, and since both of these female Grineer are just rehashed models anyway, reusing yet another weapon used by another mini-boss is kind of a bummer design-wise.

They could use some work, but damn, I love their animations. XD

I'm also disappointed that their model is simply a modified female Grineer a la Ballista, instead of getting their own model. It doesn't help that their Hellion jet pack wasn't even redesigned and used mismatched textures compared to theirs.

I do agree that Sprag should use Jat Kittag. It's just fitting with the whole jet-thing, especially because she can do a fiery hammer slam with her weapon. We already have one of the G3 using Manticore, and since both of these female Grineer are just rehashed models anyway, reusing yet another weapon used by another mini-boss is kind of a bummer design-wise.

They could use some work, but damn, I love their animations. XD

They are most likely place holder models.

One of the devs recently stated something interesting about the female Grineer.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/309495-corpus-a-boring-and-sterile-faction-lacking-in-unit-variety/

We do have plans for more Corpus enemies in the future, including a modular one who'll be able to be assembled from various pieces to create variation, like the female Grineer enemy. We don't have an ETA for when these will appear in the game though.

Seems like this is the first result of said modular design. It's just that they didn't fully colored the jetpack. So i guess that is actualy DE's attempt at giving them their own model. There is room for improvement however.

Edited by Othergrunty

One of the devs recently stated something interesting about the female Grineer.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/309495-corpus-a-boring-and-sterile-faction-lacking-in-unit-variety/

Seems like this is the first result of said modular design. It's just that they didn't fully colored the jetpack. So i guess that is actualy DE's attempt at giving them their own model. There is room for improvement however.

What Draice meant is how female Grineer, particularly the Ballista, has different variation of the same unit. Sometimes they have more armor pieces like the Heavy Gunner, while other times they look like an orange Scorpion.

That doesn't change the fact that these new sisters are simply recolors of a fully armored Ballista with only a few new pieces. That's hardly a unique model, and if they were to be bosses, even mini bosses, I'd prefer they use completely unique models like Vor and Ruk.

I also still think Sprag should use Jat Kittag while Ven'kra uses the new rifle instead. That's why I hope they are still very WIP, from gameplay to the models.

The other thing is they have no mods drops, only a 100% on resource, not even a rare one. I was hoping to dual element/status mods to be released soon.

Also sedna boss, kela de thaym , may get a rework at the same moment as the sisters.

Bad english :p

If they all got a rework that would be amazing, but I think they want to remake Kela later, becuase they might wanna redo her entire kit.

What Draice meant is how female Grineer, particularly the Ballista, has different variation of the same unit. Sometimes they have more armor pieces like the Heavy Gunner, while other times they look like an orange Scorpion.

Good point. I guess i was mistake there. Darn.

That doesn't change the fact that these new sisters are simply recolors of a fully armored Ballista with only a few new pieces. That's hardly a unique model, and if they were to be bosses, even mini bosses, I'd prefer they use completely unique models like Vor and Ruk.

I also still think Sprag should use Jat Kittag while Ven'kra uses the new rifle instead. That's why I hope they are still very WIP, from gameplay to the models.

I didn't meant to say that they had unique models because of the modular design, i just mistook it for DE trying to create a semi-unique model via modularity.

However wouldn't Kela De Thaym be higher on the list of characters who need a new model rather than two mini-bosses who only appear as event enemies so far? New models take time. Though she also needs a bit of more personality too.

Hopefully she is next in line after Tyl Regor and the Anyos.

Oh and i completely agree on the Jet Kittag.

Also, while their new animations are really cool, it would be much more interesting if Sprag used the Jat Kittag, instead of the Manticore, maybe Ven'ka could use the Buzlok as well! I hope these two are going to get some polish and replace the Bosses of Phobos, because that's been long overdue.

What do you guys think?

No, as a solo player getting to 15 exposure was hard enough, giving them mowr fire power would kill all my chances, and i don't like the idea of not completing the event because i got DNS issues and can't join a squad of freeloaders.

No, as a solo player getting to 15 exposure was hard enough, giving them mowr fire power would kill all my chances, and i don't like the idea of not completing the event because i got DNS issues and can't join a squad of freeloaders.

I'm fairly sure one of them right now is using the Ballista's sniper though. Hitscane one shotter, or travel time suppressant fire. I think I know which one I'd rather deal with. 

And Kittag vs manticore is mostly a cosmetic change.  

I'm fairly sure one of them right now is using the Ballista's sniper though. Hitscane one shotter, or travel time suppressant fire. I think I know which one I'd rather deal with. 

And Kittag vs manticore is mostly a cosmetic change.  

It might be cosmetic, but at least it's more interesting.