Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gate Crash Feedback

Psycomet

To be quite honest I find that this operation is just a more humane version of the "Gradivus Dilemma". I'll provide feedback about something I haven't yet found here...

The final reward: An exclusive weapon. Anyone remember the Brakk hate?

In my opinion, events should not give out exclusive weapons. If we remember anything it's that DE should've steered clear of ever doing that sort of thing again. Last event was good: a unique skin. Now everyone has the Glaxion but those who participated in the Cryotic event have something to show for it. Locking an item from all the people who join just months later is hardly justifiable.

Consider that they do re-release the weapon very soon. Would that be fair to the people who got 15+ points?

Edit: Wraith/Vandal seem to be more accepted in this regard than completely new weapons. The reason is simple: "Oh I was away or started later, oh so there's this gun for which there is a wraith version? Eh probably just a reskin (though may not be true but that will be their justification to themselves). But "what! I've collected every collectable item in the game but can't have that awesome looking gun? Outrage!"

Repetitive Missions with no change-up.

This should be self explanatory. The base mission was very interesting. The mini-bosses are probably already my favourite. But there is a reason why invasions should stay invasions and not become events.

Lack of Lore is okay because not every event needs to be about lore.

But if this event is not about lore then it must be about gameplay. Playing one mission 15 times doesn't make me like it more.

Lack of enemies and spawn points in the transition phase.

Yeah I'm talking about the end room where you have to hack two terminals. However, the terminals are barely ever under threat because all the grinner spawn from the portal so just stand in front of it and sport an Ogris. Only 1 or 2 infested spawn from behind and so there isn't really anything to be wowed about in this part of the mission. I felt that this was one part of the mission where I needed to be wowed.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Psycomet

Just about anyone who has a Glaxion right now has the skin because you needed Cryotic to make it. Also you seem to have forgotten about the Latron Wraith. Ya'know, the exclusive weapon from Cryotic Front?

Sorry I should've been more clear about that. Wraith/Vandal is fine and not according to me but everyone else. It's Brakk that made the most racket in the forums and basically there was a wildfire for weeks. The problem was mainly because it was a completely new gun that people couldn't have and on top it was so OP. I wouldn't be surprised if people started coming here next week and started saying "I had life and now I can't have this cool dagger?"

Sorry I should've been more clear about that. Wraith/Vandal is fine and not according to me but everyone else. It's Brakk that made the most racket in the forums and basically there was a wildfire for weeks. The problem was mainly because it was a completely new gun that people couldn't have and on top it was so OP. I wouldn't be surprised if people started coming here next week and started saying "I had life and now I can't have this cool dagger?"

I don't remember any crapstorm after the Brakk was re-released. I just remember people complaining about how hard it was/is to get them to spawn. Also, the dagger doesn't look that good based on it's stats. Haven't tried it out in game yet though. 

I mostly agree with you.

The final reward: It should have been a skin. This event doesn't feel major enough for a whole weapon, no matter how minor that weapon is. In fact, it should have been a Buzlok skin because that gun is awesome.

Repetitive missions: I agree here as well, sadly. I really wanted to like those missions. I really did. They're awesome. But having to play anything 15 times gets a little boring. I mean, it's unavoidable so whatever, but it would have been nice to change it up. At least things got increasingly difficult the more you played.

Lore: I'm fine with the lore for this event because it actually has some interesting implications. However, it felt like it needed a little polish.

Spawn points: Yeah, these were an absolute camp-fest. Better level design could have mitigated it slightly, but not by much. Oh well.

JlXTrnr.jpgNo fun allowed

-Vauban 2k14