Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvement For Event Mods -> Dual Stat Mods ?

AdFinitum

First off this is not meant as any form of critizism. I just have a feeling that the Gate Crash mods are unsatisfying to some ( many ? ) players because they mostly never will be used for non-melee weapons and for melee it is just an "boring" upgrade of an existing mod.

So I wondered if a change to the event mods to dual stat mods like this ( max rank )

+60%-90% Slash Damage ( or any other base damage )
+30%-60% Heat Damage ( or any other elemental damage )

wouldnt be more satisfying, exciting and open up a whole range of more new dual stat mods for future events ( so many possible combinations of elemental / base damage ).

I think this change might make players happy without breaking the game.

Edited by AdFinitum

First of all, they are viable on any weapon with high slash damage, not just melee weapons.

Second, i'm not sure that a dual stat mod with physical and elemental damage at 60% would be much more viable than the slash only one at 120, especially with all of the elemental mods out there now.

**Edit**

I wanted to bring up a third point, and that that the current, status, elemental, and physical damage mods need to be rebalanced before new ones are thrown into the mix.  There is a lot of inconsistency amongst them, and these new event mods are just throwing more fuel on the fire.

Edited by xRufus7x

We don't need more status chance mods. And what's the problem with +120% slash? Stop throwing DE work to the ground.

I can remember players asking DE to do something about weapons only having two tipes of build: critic and status. Well, maybe these mods came to open a chance to a new build, fisical focused?

Btw, nice to see the - polarity, and not the traditional V. Now waiting for event mods with D.