Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Auto Rifle To Choose?

trash_

Question

I am having a rather difficult time choosing between the Braton/MK1 or the Gorgon. I've been using the STRUN almost exclusively as my primary (mainly because I hardly see a reason to use anything else most of the time), but would like a bit of a change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

9 answers to this question

I am having a rather difficult time choosing between the Braton/MK1 or the Gorgon. I've been using the STRUN almost exclusively as my primary (mainly because I hardly see a reason to use anything else most of the time), but would like a bit of a change. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gorgon is the way to go, but be prepared to hurt while its in the early levels (damage to ammo ratio is garbage), supercharging it is highly advised. It requires burst firing it to save ammo, usually resort to using melee or sidearm before you reach a boss with it. It is a weapon that only truly shines when pumped full of mods.

Edited by Ageless_Emperion

Gorgon is the way to go, but be prepared to hurt while its in the early levels (damage to ammo ratio is garbage), supercharging it is highly advised. It requires burst firing it to save ammo, usually resort to using melee or sidearm before you reach a boss with it. It is a weapon that only truly shines when pumped full of mods.

Pumped full of mods is of course the only way to go.Thanks for the replies, guys. I figure I'll just buy the Boltor and Gorgon, may as well have them both anyway!

Boltor or Gorgon IMO.  Both are ammo hogs though so if you have rifle scav artifact I would use it.  Gorgon when built properly IMO is the best gun against infested, and the Boltor is also very good against infested, but when you get swarmed the pinning of things actually makes you waste a lot of ammo on stuff already dead.  Plus you can just buy the Gorgon outright with credits and not worry about neurodes and mats to craft your Boltor. 

PS: Would recommend if you have limited slots to sell your MK1-Braton and replace that slot with the Boltor!   Have fun!

The MK1 Braton was quite reliable to begin with. After I maxed that out, I switched to the boltor and due to it's armor pierce and the automatic making it an effective anti-swarm weapon makes it a great weapon against all races alike. The polarity slot enables you a high freeze damage, which on one hand provides decent CC, whereas on the other hand freeze damage is only reduced by a few mobs and often only by a little. Especially after the buffes to the rifle mods, the Boltor is totally effective even without supercharge. Mine got freeze, fast hands, serration and either electro or fire damage, according to my enemies. (corpus or infested, grineer are killed easily either way) and a 15% increased ammo capacity, which is just for lulz, as I hardly run out of ammo with that gun. Only when I exceptionally use it or when I face a boss, the ammo can go to a critical low amount. But this is mosttly prevented by the use of my pistol and melee weapon.

Boltor is best combined with a long range Pistols like Lex, as the accuracy is kinda low, but can be inreased by crouching, at least it feels like the spray goes down a lot by that.