Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sheev... How Disappointing

-Mr.Meeseeks-

Finally got the new event dagger and I must say, it is quite disappointing. To say that we've come from weapons that were worth doing events for (Strun Wraith, Brakk ect.) to weapons like this... It's just plainly depressing to have to get this thing to 30.

In terms of pure damage output, it rivals weapons like the scindo and the Galatine (which isn't saying much; two-handed weapons really got the shaft when melee 2.0 came). So in terms of damage, this tiny dagger is matching these giant weapons. But for some reason this blade no longer than a foot long is somehow slower than a 7 foot long greatsword?

When wielding the weapon and swinging it, I literally feel like i'm in bullet time while the enemies around me are not. Yet when I swing around my scindo or Galatine I feel like I have superhuman strength (which I wouldn't doubt for some of the Warframes) swinging this giant piece of metal around like this.

When looking into other daggers to compare, it seems like it's a bit of a trend. Both Heat Dagger and Karyst have just 0.1 faster melee speed compared to the Sheev, which is either identical or slower than a lot of the heavier two-handed weapons. That seems rather off. You'd think daggers would be the faster and less damaging of the weapons, yet it's quite the opposite.

Am I alone in feeling this way? Should daggers really do comparable damage to weapon like the Fragor, Scindo, and Gram, yet be much slower?

I feel similarly to the Karyst.  It is beyond me that daggers seem to have similar stats to weapons like greatswords and hammers.  What needs to be done is a complete rework of the weapons.

I would imagine such a rework boosting attack speed, critical chance, and critical damage amongst other things.

Looks cool as hell though, doesn't it?

Definitely going on my back with any Grineer rifle and pistol combos.

This... THING looks more like a cheap icepick than a dagger, I just can't wait to max it so that I can stop embarrassing myself with such a hideous piece of equipment.

Daggers have needed a bit of a rework since we got Melee 2.0 just like heavy weapons. Melee 2.0 made a lot of the middle of the road weapons like dual daggers, dual swords, single swords, whips, and polearms good but other types have fallen a bit behind (this is one of the reasons why a lot of people say melee 2.0 was good but needed work).

Anyway, the only dagger that felt like a dagger to me was the ceramic dagger (to be fair I havnt used all of the daggers since melee 2.0 came out). That said, for awhile Ive felt like what daggers should have is high attack speed, good crit/crit damage, and lower damage. Reinforcing the idea of quick and deadly strikes when they hit vital areas.

As for the sheev, I  havnt played with it much yet but when I looked at it earlier I thought it might make a good channeling dagger but Ill have to test that out to be sure. Im sure with enough time/forma someone will make an uber build with it