Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Sisters Tactics?

AandOE

Question

As we know, the event becomes ever so much harder the longer one plays and wins, which lead to an interesting conundrum for the solo experience. Not to say going in solo and staying as such, but even when folks simply drop out mid-mission. I have had luck with these: Shade + Sweeper, and Glaxion (for its easy CC) + Radiation.

Why? Pop in to a dangerous place, radiate the sisters in 1-2 seconds, go invisible to lose agro, and then duck out of the way to watch the two of them fight. Unlike us, they can take each other out so much more quickly! Thinking about it, any ol' invisible granting technique would work as well with this set-up... :D

What have you found that works for this event?

1 shot, huh? :( It's usually been a slugfest for me, and on the 10th run everyone dropped out except myself. All I had was the aforementioned Glaxion, a Bolto (leveling), and the Serro for melee, with Shade just floating alongside my Ember. (she's squishy) I had to peep in and out from cover to coat them in radiation, then get way out or get lucky with a nice cloaking. I don't know if it was just the primary or not, but plenty of 0's kept popping during the coating process.

What have you found that works for this event?

This would be obvious, but just to mention:

The general idea is to shift focus out of the warframes into weapons. Just imagine we are taking an unranked (or newly forma-ed) warframe into a mission.

-Choose frames with high shield/armor (Frost and Valkyr comes to mind)

-Take out all Warframe ability (and related mods). All the abilities will be nerfed so hard that they will mostly be useless anyway.

-Replace with with as much +Shield/Hp, QT, R and possibly Flow (the addition is minor, but every point matters subsequently).  Energy can still be useful for QT, though it will decrease in usefullness. Well, since we have all those mod capacity after dumping all the ability-related mods...

-Reflection/Counter related mods may also matter. Though it will take a melee build to use, which is somewhat risky given how fragile the frame is.

-Valkyr should take +Armor

-Replace Aura with Reju (I find this more useful with Valkyr) and bring lots of HP restores and don't be afraid to pre-dump them at tight spots (i.e. don't wait for damage to happen first).

Strange Tactics:

-In a team, being "downed" as an advantage especially if you have a powerful secondary (e.g. like Marelok). Just rush in, get downed, and happily shoot the bosses with aimed shots without being distracted by things like evasion/hp recovery until somebody revived you.  I've taken down quite a few bosses this way :P

1 shot, huh? :( It's usually been a slugfest for me, and on the 10th run everyone dropped out except myself. All I had was the aforementioned Glaxion, a Bolto (leveling), and the Serro for melee, with Shade just floating alongside my Ember. (she's squishy) I had to peep in and out from cover to coat them in radiation, then get way out or get lucky with a nice cloaking. I don't know if it was just the primary or not, but plenty of 0's kept popping during the coating process.

They're weak point based, you can only harm their jet packs;  any other damage will show blue 0's Which was why I was curious if they would actually harm one another.

Thanks for the pointers! ^_^ Yes, one of them did take the other out via radiation. It must've been the dashing one's wide attack range that clipped the other's jetpack, since I wasn't doing nearly enough to insta-gib her like that.

Edit: I am mainly a melee framer, hence the CC gun and the weak sidearm. The utility mods will be getting pulled about, for sure, then~

Edited by AandOE

I have found my latron prime to be to be perfect for this event, people have actually thought it was glitching because the sisters seemed to die without showing up, critical hit builds for the win, and im loving the blessing spam with trinity no matter how weak she gets the heals stand but i will admit i think im only like 8 or 9 exposure yet 

Just shoot them in the head or back with an automatic weapon with impact.

Grakata comes to mind.

You can basically stunlock them.

Knockdown skills like Smite also work wonders since the knockdown still happens regardless of your skill debuff.

These ladies are simple if you have impact and can vaguely hit their head. I'm not being like IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU YOU ARE ALL TERRIBLE THIS IS SO EZ GOOOOD, I'm genuinely saying, impact on their head works wonders, especially if it's rapid.

I don't even aim for the back half the time, just the head.

But my Grakata is pretty decked out, so my suggestion may be a bit rough.

Still, impact damage to the head, that you can pretty much keep going. Also on Ceres there is a certain room they spawn in where if you don't go fully in the room, they will come at you one at a time instead of both. usually the red one, the blue one stays farther back in the room waiting on someone to set her off basically.

Edited by darthdart

Just shoot them in the head or back with an automatic weapon with impact.

Grakata comes to mind.

You can basically stunlock them.

Knockdown skills like Smite also work wonders since the knockdown still happens regardless of your skill debuff.

These ladies are simple if you have impact and can vaguely hit their head. I'm not being like IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU YOU ARE ALL TERRIBLE THIS IS SO EZ GOOOOD, I'm genuinely saying, impact on their head works wonders, especially if it's rapid.

I don't even aim for the back half the time, just the head.

But my Grakata is pretty decked out, so my suggestion may be a bit rough.

Still, impact damage to the head, that you can pretty much keep going. Also on Ceres there is a certain room they spawn in where if you don't go fully in the room, they will come at you one at a time instead of both. usually the red one, the blue one stays farther back in the room waiting on someone to set her off basically.

Lol, all that impact to the head must be why they talk like 5 year olds

In my experience they just warp around like crazy, jet pack around like nuts and then get killed in 2 hits.

So as for "tactics" ... its just another Warframe run of the mill mission. 

Really sapped out the loregasm of these two clone sisters... I wanted to know why they were invested and DIFFERENT but the foundational systems of Warframe do not support the sort of gameplay that allows it.

Lol, all that impact to the head must be why they talk like 5 year olds

Grineer are born fully grown. They're all clones, which is why viral damage is super effective.

These sisters were likely born as fledgling queens who either failed and were forced to fight the Tenno, or simply decided to (seeing as females are the dominate gender in Grineer society). 

There is a specific reason they are female. Small things like that in Warframes lore opens up so much. I wish they added more lore to the event but it feels like a rushed attempt at adding content to the game while we sit here with little to nothing to do, waiting for Archwings so we can use them about 3 times before we realise it's just another hazard map minigame.

Are there more than 2 variations?  I encounted one sister that had a laser aimed sniper rifle, and she stayed back and sniped at me.  I sniped back and eventually won hitting her head (not immune at all).   Most of the others have been doing a jetpack body slam at me.  So far on the jetpack versions I just let them slam into a wall and then do the jump melee attack until they die.  When they miss you with their jetpack slam they are knocked silly for a moment and you can pounce.  FWIW mag's pull works on them (where it does not on many bosses).

They don't seem to be immune to melee once knocked flat.  Either I am hitting the packs and can't tell or they lose immunity when face planted?  Not sure. 

I removed my abilities and focused on stamina and speed with a Paris Prime and a melee weapon.  After they execute their "fly at you and try to knock you down" attack they stay grounded for a second with their back exposed, I just used a leaping ground attack to land on top of their backpack and usually one shot them, all the way up to exposure 15.