Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cryotic Front Was A Step In The Right Direction, But This...

Brynslustafir

This feels like 2 bounding strides in the wrong direction.

At least Cryotic front was fun, and it introduced something new and interesting to the game. Whereas operation gate crash just brought back 2 things that I had hoped would never plague another event, artificial difficulty and extreme repetition. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Artificial difficulty is NOT a valid way to enhance gameplay or make the game more enjoyable and engaging. In fact, it does the exact opposite. It's frustrating, tedious, and causes players to burn out. 

After just 15 runs I feel like I need to stop playing Warframe for at least a week. 

And do I even need to talk about the repetativeness? It's bad enough that we have to play the event with our mods gimped, but you also want us to do it 15 times? This is why people stop playing, DE. Because they get burned out when they have to do something frustrating over and over again. Mindless tedium will never equate to fun. Never. Remember gradivus? Remember how bad it felt to play the same mission over, and over, and over again?

And then there's the rewards. Lets see what we've got here. Ok, a set of slash mods. I suppose that's useful for infested. 

And what's this? Oh! a badge. Imma put it on my kubrow.

And the last reward, the one that everyone wants, the reason why they are willing to sit through 15 runs of the same frustrating mission is... a single dagger with some seriously underwhelming stats...

Really? I know it's supposed to get a speed buff sometime soon, but... Really?

What happenned to events giving cool rewards that felt like they were worth the effort? gradivus may have been the most mind-numbing event in Warframes history, but at least the reward was worth the effort. Even the Survival event(which could be easily completed in just 1 run with a good team) gave us the Strun Wraith. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at DE over this. I'm just feeling let down and tired. 

I hope future events don't suffer from these same issues. DE is usually pretty good at listening to player feeback about events, so I hope this thread reaches them. 

TL/DR: New and interesting mechanics=good. Repetition and artifical difficulty=bad. More stuff like cryotic front, pls. 

Edited by Plasmaface

You're calling increasing enemy damage output a good innovation for difficulty and reducing duration/strength/range on abilities while keeping them usable, forcing you to come up with new ways to make them useful, artificial difficulty?

I think you ought to re-evaluate your statement buddy.

The first 2 replies is exactly why i still remain cynical of the warframe community

Seriously

As to OP, i agree with you. The event couldn't been better if it was more engaging, if each area was different on it's own.

But no, 15 missions doing the same thing, over and over. I'm not even done with event after the first 10 mission i'm burnt out.

You're calling increasing enemy damage output a good innovation for difficulty and reducing duration/strength/range on abilities while keeping them usable, forcing you to come up with new ways to make them useful, artificial difficulty?

I think you ought to re-evaluate your statement buddy.

Gimping players by negating their mods and then throwing them into a high level mission is a prefect example of artificial difficulty. 

A proper challenge faces the player with an obstacle that they have to use their skills to overcome. A good challenge can add difficulty without weakening the player, but by introducing something new to keep things interesting.  

A cool new enemy type could have accomplished this, or even just an interesting level gimick that keeps players on their toes. 

I don't need to re-evaluate anything. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I'm noticing a trend here. Most veteran players seem to agree.

I suppose being around for longer leads to a more complete understanding of whats good and bad for the game. I suppose it makes sense. Experience is very valuable, after all. 

Then again, events weren't even a thing when I started playing. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Yeah, +1 to this. Cryotic was the most fun I'd had doing a game event for a long time, but this event is already getting old-although since I'm the one running round hunting for caches at least that's actually entertaining.

Also, to the idiot saying exposure is only for competition, no, no, it's not. You have to get to at least 15 to COMPLETE the event.

Yeah, +1 to this. Cryotic was the most fun I'd had doing a game event for a long time, but this event is already getting old-although since I'm the one running round hunting for caches at least that's actually entertaining.

Also, to the idiot saying exposure is only for competition, no, no, it's not. You have to get to at least 15 to COMPLETE the event.

Seriously. 

Sometimes I wonder if people just randomly loose the ability to read when they enter the forums. 

It would certianly explain the first 2 replies. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Opinions.

I found it rather fun and I'm still grinding out runs just for cache rewards. And regardless of the stats on the dagger (which is getting an attack speed buff) it looks amazing (imo).

Opinions. 

I don't really like the daggers design. It looks like a Kukri-machete hybrid with the front end broken off. 

Im a veteran player and I completely disagree. It made the missions hard and challenging which in turn made it more fun to plan out your kit. You are saying this was repetitive when Cryotic Front was literally the exact same thing. You talk about underwhelming rewards when if you actually take the time to look for the caches you can get some awesome rewards, the Sheeve is a very interesting dagger with a Very good status chance. This event had way more gameplay variety then many events/operations before it. I read your post and personally I think you are literally just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Senketsu_

At least Cryotic front was fun, and it introduced something new and interesting to the game. Whereas operation gate crash just brought back 2 things that I had hoped would never plague another event, artificial difficulty and extreme repetition. 

yea Cryotic was kinda fun... but way too easy... at least this event brought some challenge into the game

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Artificial difficulty is NOT a valid way to enhance gameplay or make the game more enjoyable and engaging. In fact, it does the exact opposite. It's frustrating, tedious, and causes players to burn out. 

After just 15 runs I feel like I need to stop playing Warframe for at least a week. 

just becous YOU dont want to be challenged dont mean that everyone feels the same way

and you do know that the operation is OPTIANEL... so if you dont like it dont play it and stop whining about it

And then there's the rewards. Lets see what we've got here. Ok, a set of slash mods. I suppose that's useful for infested. 

And what's this? Oh! a badge. Imma put it on my kubrow.

And the last reward, the one that everyone wants, the reason why they are willing to sit through 15 runs of the same frustrating mission is... a single dagger with some seriously underwhelming stats...

Really? I know it's supposed to get a speed buff sometime soon, but... Really?

What happenned to events giving cool rewards that felt like they were worth the effort? 

again if you dont think its worth the effort... then just dont do it

i liked the event it was a challenge and thats what i want out of a game...

Im a veteran player and I completely disagree. It made the missions hard and challenging which in turn made it more fun to plan out your kit. You are saying this was repetitive when Cryotic Front was literally the exact same thing. You talk about underwhelming rewards when if you actually take the time to look for the caches you can get some awesome rewards, the Sheeve is a very interesting dagger. This event had way more gameplay variety then many events/operations before it. I read your post and personally I think you are literally just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I farmed caches on half of my runs. All I got were keys(which I don't need) and random resources.