Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hardcore Look Into Glaive Mechanics, Tips And Tricks

Coatduck

• 2 weeks later...

A fellow Dark Sector fan, nice.

Pretty good review, even talked about Rebound and the slight homing that most reviewers ignore, only you missed one of the glaive's most useful abilities (The one offensive capability I use more than anything else in the game, if I'm going to be honest...)

If you put yourself in your melee state, throw your glaive, and then tap your channeling button, you actually manually trigger the explosion right where it is midair, with the added bonus of acting as a final rebound (even if its immediately after the throw) flinging it right back at you. This is particularly useful in that it can hit against enemies that are behind cover in an generally open area where your glaive cant really hit them through a ricochet, as long as its slightly elevated, a kill will always count as a headshot, and it synergizes well with Rebound, allowing you the freedom to use the explosion anywhere between 0 and (if Rebound is maxed) 9 bounces. 

Also, a fun fact. A thrown glaive continuously hits an enemy that's been tagged by Mag's bullet attractor.

God I love the glaive....

If you put yourself in your melee state, throw your glaive, and then tap your channeling button, you actually manually trigger the explosion right where it is midair, with the added bonus of acting as a final rebound (even if its immediately after the throw) flinging it right back at you.

I was aware of this, honestly I don't find it works reliably enough to use, and I find it easier to just hit the ground behind them and blow it up that way.