Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maxed Blind Rage -- Is It Worth It?

(PSN)PoeticProdigal

Question

There are a few frames that I feel maxing Blind Rage is beneficial, such as Mag with her scaling Shield Polarize and Frost for his base Snow Globe health and situational Avalanche use.

I would like to get some input on what other frames you can use Maxed Blind Rage and see a noticeable difference.

Note: I'm not a "Spammer" of ults, so energy cost really hasn't had a negative effect on the frames I use this.

17 answers to this question

I think that Mirage with a maxed Blind Rage can deal with everything. One of my mates use the Mirage with maxed strength and become a god in T4S. 

• Maximized Power Strength increases the weapon damage bonus to 458% and the damage resistance to 95%.
    • Increases cost to 38.75 energy.

Really, we watch all those lvl 150 corrupted not dealing damage to that Mirage, and she creating a really pool of corpses with Torid.

Well, just a example, can't figure more now.

In most cases I would say maxed blind rage is not worth it.

mainly because of the 25 energy cap and how -55% cost effects it

The increase in cost means simply casting twice will always deal Substantially more damage.

Strength effected ability's like Bastille will only gain 1-4 more targets with maxed blind rage, but a second cast without blind rage at less cost gives 10 more.

Few exceptions are things like, Mags shield Polarize if you want to use Overextended to push the kill range but maintain the Instant death.

(at higher levels corpus die to a mags shield polarize without needing blind rage)

-Nova Mol prime, Snare mechanic, Nova AMD damage

-Mirage Bonus damage, bonus damage effects from Banshee, and Rhino buffs / debuffs.

-Etc

But all Direct damage ability's will actually decrease in damage done, when equipping blind rage.

so don't waste the mod spot.

eg saryn miasma

Blind rage = 65 energy 4300 damage

Without but cast twice = 2x25 energy 5600 damage

Edited by Tatersail

Max Blind Rage is only worth it very niche circumstances, such as with a Valkyr Warcry melee build (with Rage,) Rhino ODA speedrun build (to boost weapon damage to kill the boss quickly,) etc.  95% of the time you're better off with two ranks in Blind Rage (or more if you have Arcane efficiency helmets) and max efficiency, since that gives you the most damage/ability effect per energy point spent, and you can recast abilities freely due to max efficiency.  Shield Polarize works well with 57% bonus strength (the highest you can get without decreasing efficiency in most cases;) maxed Blind Rage is just a waste of energy on Mag.  

eg saryn miasma

Blind rage = 65 energy 4300 damage

Without but cast twice = 2x25 energy 5600 damage

This leads me to another point regarding Miasma. Occasionally I watch what happens when I use this against a Heavy Gunner. Now I have negative duration thru Fleeting Expertise and the Chlora helmet which gives even more negative duration. When I cast this, I am only seeing one damage number. Aren't I supposed to be seeing two? Or due to the negative duration is it too fast to see?

I use Max Blind Rage on Valkyr for Paralysis and rarely WarCry...The efficiency does not affect Paralysis that much (base of 5power and 7.75 cost with Max Blond Rage)

I also use it on Rogue builds of other Warframe's that have been forma'd to accommodate the mod.

Personally I don't think any corrupted mod is a neccesatiy,but they can assist to cater towards a specific build.

This leads me to another point regarding Miasma. Occasionally I watch what happens when I use this against a Heavy Gunner. Now I have negative duration thru Fleeting Expertise and the Chlora helmet which gives even more negative duration. When I cast this, I am only seeing one damage number. Aren't I supposed to be seeing two? Or due to the negative duration is it too fast to see?

There should be two visible large ticks and one smaller tick that doesn't display a number. Of course, if the target dies from the first tick you won't see any more ticks.

Max Blind Rage is only worth it very niche circumstances, such as with a Valkyr Warcry melee build (with Rage,) Rhino ODA speedrun build (to boost weapon damage to kill the boss quickly,) etc.  95% of the time you're better off with two ranks in Blind Rage (or more if you have Arcane efficiency helmets) and max efficiency, since that gives you the most damage/ability effect per energy point spent, and you can recast abilities freely due to max efficiency.  Shield Polarize works well with 57% bonus strength (the highest you can get without decreasing efficiency in most cases;) maxed Blind Rage is just a waste of energy on Mag.  

As a max blind rage mag polarize user

Totally worth it

Also Nekros SOTD and Terrify

There should be two visible large ticks and one smaller tick that doesn't display a number. Of course, if the target dies from the first tick you won't see any more ticks.

I should have noted that I don't see the Heavy Gunners die. I have Maxed Intensify and Maxed Blind Rage and all I see is one number it "tick". 2100 or something.

Could I possibly have too much negative duration? I should try it without the Chlora helmet.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

Blind rage is only good on abilities that boost your weapon damage or give infinite scaling based on some other stat like shield polarize.  

In terms of using it to deal damage with warframe abilities a spam build (max efficiency + 2/10BR) will always outdamage a max blind rage build in terms of damage per energy used. It just isn't worth it, it's more efficient to spam stuff.    

EDIT: Since you mentioned frost and his snowglobe, it's still more effective to go with efficiency and just press 3 twice. If the particles are bothering you when you place more than 1, then just use black power color and the globe is clear.

Edited by RektumExplorer

I should have noted that I don't see the Heavy Gunners die. I have Maxed Intensify and Maxed Blind Rage and all I see is one number it "tick". 2100 or something.

Could I possibly have too much negative duration? I should try it without the Chlora helmet.

not possible to have too much negative duration lol

tl;dr version:  it depends on the build.

You need a maxed Narrow, a Narrow that can be offset by Stretch (r6), multiple ranks of Fleeting, a BR at -40% efficiency (r7), and even a maxed Overextended before you should ever consider maxing a second BR.  This also does not account for some other builds that require lower ranks of BR in order to maximize power strength while maintaining efficiency.  So yes, you do need a maxed BR, although it should not be something that you focus on for a very long time as only a few builds even use it effectively.

EDIT:  Mirage, for example, gets more benefit from maxing Serration, Hornet Strike, Heavy Caliber, etc. than she will from maxing BR compared to the rank 7 version.  Mag has similar issues as the added 15% power strength only allows for one-shotting in the Void for a short amount of time before it leaves enemies alive (note that Corpus do not even require a maxed BR to one-shot since their shields scale excessively).  So, no, don't max BR until you are a few hundred hours in and even then there are likely other mods that should be maxed first.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Agreed. For most frames maintaining 50% efficiency with Rank 7 is more important than using a full BR and losing that efficiency %.

50% being an important cap # because it often allows ability costs to align perfectly with orb pickups.

The frames that benefit from a full BR rather than R7 are rare, and specialized builds that shouldn't be attempted until other mods are leveled properly. Etc; Ember WoF build, Mag Void SP (R7 works well but not as awesome for endless), Mirage (as H_G mentioned, leveling weapon/weapon mods is more important), Nekros SotD build, and Valkyr endless Hysteria build.

For references sake, using a full BR with Intensify over a R7 BR with Intensify is a damage increase of ~13.4%, but increases energy costs by 30% and orb costs by as much as 50%.

Edited by Darzk

How is rank 7 more efficient than rank 6 or rank 8? The progress is always the same, +9% power, -5% efficiency?

Because it allows for 50% efficiency with a max FE and Streamline:

50% being an important cap # because it often allows ability costs to align perfectly with orb pickups.

So with a R7 you have ability 4 costing 2 energy orbs, with R6 you end up costing 2 energy orbs but doing less damage (so wasting energy) and with a R8 you end up with a cost of 3 energy orbs, or 50% more expensive for a 4.5% increase in damage.

Ignoring orb costs, the lower the rank the higher the efficiency (until you hit the 75% eff cap) because of the base 100% damage. So for damaging abilities, the best setup is to use a R2 BR, and keep 75% efficiency, and then just cast it twice.

You only want to be using a high rank BR when an ability can be spammed / has duration, or is a damage amplification.

Edited by Darzk

How is rank 7 more efficient than rank 6 or rank 8? The progress is always the same, +9% power, -5% efficiency?

He's saying that in the few cases that you would want more than rank 2, rank 7 is a good breakpoint in terms of efficiency.  That said, efficiency is irrelevant if you use Rage or spam energy restores as a source of constant energy.