The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Lost Me On 2Nd Mission I Had To Run On Earth

DeadlyNerd

You do understand that everything instagibs when modded well? You also do understand that 99% of the playerbase(you being the 1%) uses instagib builds?

So what, I should be running through an empty instance just because using instagib abilities "makes" the game boring? Your logic is interesting, continue.

And your condescending attitude is not amusing in the slightest. 

EDIT: I saw that ninja edit.

Edited by HolyDonut3

And your condescending attitude is not amusing in the slightest. 

EDIT: I saw that ninja edit.

Superiority? I'm just mocking the general opinion that one shouldn't use top gear in games in order to have the most fun. You're not the only one and it's this way of thinking that cuts devs too much slack and produces boring, monotonous games.

Just to be clear, nothing against you personally, just your opinion.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Superiority? I'm just mocking the general opinion that one shouldn't use top gear in games in order to have the most fun. You're not the only one, but it's this way of thinking that cuts devs too much slack and produces boring, monotonous games.

I have already said that you're welcome to play the game any way you like, as is everyone else. Maybe you missed that part somehow.

Do what you want. 

Actually normally I don't care about what builds other people use or what abilities they spam. But in this case you're complaining that the missions are boring, unchallenging and repetitive, but you just press 4 every time any kind of opposition appears to instantly wipe them out (at least that could be assumed from your post).

Maybe that is part of the reason that the mission is so boring to you? I'm not saying that there aren't other reasons, of course.

To be fair, I myself found this event pretty repetitive and boring after a while. My friends and I only did the 15 runs to get the little knife and maybe get in on a good dagger!

Aside from the slash mods though, my efforts feel mostly...well, eh. 

This game needs a change of scenery when it comes to missions and alerts...

I see you're relatively new to Warframe. Welcome. From experience, I can tell you that the event missions have been progressively better with each new iteration.

15 missions in 7 days works out to about 3 (rounded up) missions per day, each with about a 10-30minute duration based on your skill and motivation. While actual "grind feel" is opinion, I would say that 1 hour of a repetitive activity is much better than, say, double that with half the objectives (Gradivus dilemma).

In terms of scenery, this newest mission gives the most varied scenery in one mission to date. 2 new rooms, 3 different planets - each with unique levels, and all of them include the Orokin Derelict. Again, compared to 1 level, ~3-4 new rooms as seen in the Gradivus Dilemma.

Suffice it to say that if you aren't enjoying this event because of the repetition or scenery, then you aren't enjoying this game at all, which begs the question: why are you still playing?

It's not my job to come up with content. Also, I've done my deal of suggesting in the past. No notes taken so I won't do it anymore.

I would suggest playing a different game if you don't like this one or are burnt out of this one. Nothing wrong with moving on or taking a break. I do that with games after i burn out or get tired of elements of the game and want something different.

Oh and posting on forums isn't your job and neither is playing. Not posting constructive criticism because it isn't your job is a poor reason. Best of luck finding a game you like.

I don't understand. Why shouldn't I use all skills at my disposal? Why should I make my own artificial difficulty? How come isn't that a dev job?

Because you have a lot of choice in this game. It appears you can't handle it. Don't worry, there are plenty of other games out there for you.

The thing is, most people play video games to have fun. Apparently there are a lot of forum trolls who think video games are about . . . well, I'll be honest, I have no idea why they play. To have something to whine about?

So, assuming that you agree with me that the whole goal is to have fun, and you don't have fun hitting 4, then maybe, just maybe you should do something different. Think of it as changing the difficulty from 'easy' to 'hard.' There are lots of weapons, warframes, abilities and mods in the game, if you can't find a combination to have fun with, there are tons of other free to play games. Too much choice is obviously a burden for you.

The first five on Earth are repetitive.  The second batch of five are also repetitive, though get a little more interesting toward the end.  The third batch of missions, on Ceres, are a lot more interesting and fun.  Try getting by with just spamming 4.  See what happens.  :D

The event is "optional". I don't understand why people force themselves to do something they don't enjoy. The event will give new players a free weapon and installed catalyst, which will give them some mastery points from leveling it, and a free weapon slot should they delete the Sheev because they don't enjoy using it, catalyst be damned.

If you are going to scream "repetitive" you obviously have not played Borderlands, which I still like and play. WF is a shooter, if you are not here to kill stuff and are paying too much attention to the scenery, I think you need a new game to play.

I don't understand. Why shouldn't I use all skills at my disposal? Why should I make my own artificial difficulty? How come isn't that a dev job?

The guy has a point. Why is ult spam still so viable, devs?

The event is "optional". I don't understand why people force themselves to do something they don't enjoy. The event will give new players a free weapon and installed catalyst, which will give them some mastery points from leveling it, and a free weapon slot should they delete the Sheev because they don't enjoy using it, catalyst be damned.

If you are going to scream "repetitive" you obviously have not played Borderlands, which I still like and play. WF is a shooter, if you are not here to kill stuff and are paying too much attention to the scenery, I think you need a new game to play.

Calling it optional is a terrible argument. It has new content, in the form of:

1- rewards that will only be available a limited time

2- a mechanic ^ (at least until it's built into the game proper)

It's like complaining about someone who built the new gun and doesn't like it. What else are they supposed to do? Not touch new things? He played the event in an attempt to alleviate his boredom with the current content.

Also, just because X is better than Y does not make X acceptable.

Edited by XanaSkullpulper

Because you have a lot of choice in this game. It appears you can't handle it. Don't worry, there are plenty of other games out there for you.

The thing is, most people play video games to have fun. Apparently there are a lot of forum trolls who think video games are about . . . well, I'll be honest, I have no idea why they play. To have something to whine about?

So, assuming that you agree with me that the whole goal is to have fun, and you don't have fun hitting 4, then maybe, just maybe you should do something different. Think of it as changing the difficulty from 'easy' to 'hard.' There are lots of weapons, warframes, abilities and mods in the game, if you can't find a combination to have fun with, there are tons of other free to play games. Too much choice is obviously a burden for you.

This is a game with a focused direction. Kill Enemies -> Earn Rewards. Having open ended choice only works in non-open ended games where every choice within the desired direction is roughly equally as effective, that's why people have been asking for buffs to so many underperforming weapons. 

Spam 4 is the most effective way to farm items by far, it is however the least fun as it gets boring quickly. Progression and Fun should follow hand in hand, fun at the sake of progression and progression at the sake of fun is a disparity that should be fixed. We should not have to choose one or the other.  

Edited by LukeAura