Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Grineer Juicer™ Confirmed...

MeduSalem

Pretty much the title... After watching Devstream 37 with the concept artists:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/312537-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-37

VYq1EH2.jpg

"The GRINEER sacrifice ONE solider to make TWO"... sounds like a cruel idea only the Grineer could come up with. Also explains why they degrade so fast.

If there's a tileset around that I somehow always imagined them being manufactured in horrendously long assembly lines... much like in Star Wars Episode II, but with the Cloning planet and the Android assembling planet being merged into one because that's how the Grineer look like.

With millions over millions of pods being transported by an advanced rail- or belt-system between various storage and assembly areas, showing the Grineer cloning in various stages of development from embryos too fully grown and down the road the rails are splitted up for various different modular implants being attached for various different types of Grineer.

So you like your Greedy Milk™ with some Infested Flakes™ made in a Grineer Juicer™?

Edited by MeduSalem

The Grineer are become more and more like the Strogg as each devstream passes...

Wouldn't surprise me if they also survived on a slurry made from the corpses of slain allies and enemies alike.

All that's left is a railgun, a BFG, and a quad damage ability

I wonder what would happen if they juiced a Tenno in with a grineer. 

"To a dark place this line of thought will carry us."

Wouldn't mind a grineerish-themed Warframe though. The Corpus got their Valkyr... so I see no reason why the Grineer wouldn't try to come up with something similar twisted. The only thing preventing them from doing that sort of stuff is their general hatred against everything that's not Grineer and that's something they might eventually overcome in the struggle for dominance.

Edited by MeduSalem

I wonder what would happen if they juiced a Tenno in with a grineer. 

i would think a tenno clone would be born, and it would not be that stable since grineer have that degeneration issue, which side itd be on idk, that is if they can even clone a tenno.

Would love to see their armor development in there too and even see used training rooms and certain mental testing facilities. ^^

Armor: Take whatever metal you can find in the room and glue it on your jumpsuit

Training: Wait for Tenno to kill you

Mental Testing: Don't kill your comrades on the deployment ship like the G3 did.

"You are now ready to fight the Tenno SKuum!"

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Armor: Take whatever metal you can find in the room and glue it on your jumpsuit

Training: Wait for Tenno to kill you

Mental Testing: Don't kill your comrades on the deployment ship like the G3 did.

"You are now ready to fight the Tenno SKuum!"

So they took Combat Formation Bravo out of the training program? :/

Edited by MeduSalem

i would think a tenno clone would be born, and it would not be that stable since grineer have that degeneration issue, which side itd be on idk, that is if they can even clone a tenno.

I almost suspect, seeing as the cloning tech was discovered by the Grineer, not invented, and they have little control over it (or else they'd be using new DNA samples, not rehashing old ones) that the machines WERE meant to clone Tenno.  Might explain why there are Primes, and then the "newer" models.  I doubt 16-50 Tenno won the Orokin war.  It probably took an army still.

Also, I'd like to think the sisters are clones themselves, but first generation, and from the Orokin era, whom upon waking up some thousands of years later, began utilizing the cloning tech, which contained data based on their DNA, and DNA based on a male, probably their creator/"father."  From there, all they can do with the DNA samples in the cloning system is use similar DNA, though since the original male counterpart is dead, they're forced to use the DNA of clones, and of course, clones don't exactly live forever, so every so often the sequence just degrades even further.  Meanwhile, the sisters supplying their own DNA would explain why the female Grineer are wrinkly hags like their male counterparts.

"To a dark place this line of thought will carry us."

Wouldn't mind a grineerish-themed Warframe though. The Corpus got their Valkyr... so I see no reason why the Grineer wouldn't try to come up with something similar twisted. The only thing preventing them from doing that sort of stuff is their general hatred against everything that's not Grineer and that's something they might eventually overcome in the struggle for dominance.

Between Tyr Regor's attempts to not only fix, but improve upon the gene seed, and an eventual revamp of Kela De Theym, I suspect there's plenty of room for a Grineer Warframe - a legion of them in fact, with of course a defector in their ranks.

I don't see why you'd need to sacrifice a Grineer to make 2 more Grineer. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. The level of technology they have would indicate they'd be more than capable of making clones with just a little bit of blood. or DNA imprints from the Grineer "Pattern" they'd like to create.

I know it's Scifi, but we already have a good idea how cloning works, and it's widely known to people so the whole thing is a little strange, it's not a mystical or out there thing. I'm also curious as to why they are degrading. If your race went sterile at some point then I understand that you'd have to keep cloning to continue it, and dna has a known half life, so there's a least some basis for their degradation. (though I don't know if the DNA would degrade if taken from a newly made clone? I'm actually curious, maybe it would, I'm not sure if making a new organism from someones DNA refreshes the health of the DNA in the new person?)

Just feels like someone doesn't know how cloning works or it's just another attempt to go look how evil the Grineer are they waste perfectly good soldiers to make more.

Edited by Baruti

I don't see why you'd need to sacrifice a Grineer to make 2 more Grineer. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. The level of technology they have would indicate they'd be more than capable of making clones with just a little bit of blood. or DNA imprints from the Grineer "Pattern" they'd like to create.

I know it's Scifi, but we already have a good idea how cloning works, and it's widely known to people so the whole thing is a little strange, it's not a mystical or out there thing. I'm also curious as to why they are degrading. If your race went sterile at some point then I understand that you'd have to keep cloning to continue it, and dna has a known half life, so there's a least some basis for their degradation. (though I don't know if the DNA would degrade if taken from a newly made clone? I'm actually curious, maybe it would, I'm not sure if making a new organism from someones DNA refreshes the health of the DNA in the new person?)

Just feels like someone doesn't know how cloning works or it's just another attempt to go look how evil the Grineer are they waste perfectly good soldiers to make more.

Suspension of disbelief.

Also, does the Grineer have to be alive? It could make for a perfectly good recycling program!