Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Would You All Recommend Most?

(PSN)Hollow118

Question

OK so I've played the game enough to collect every Warframe and max them. Which has left me in a predicament, I find myself swapping warframes each match. I main Excalibur most of the time but I can be pretty indecisive. I have my pros and con's to each frame but I'm disregarding that at the moment.

So I'm asking what Warframe would you guys recommend is best all around? I really would like to spend some time and grow to love a certain frame other than Excalibur, but I'm hoping the community can help give me some ideas on what frame to invest more love and time in.

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Valkyr. Don't tunnel vision on her 4. Her Warcry is a badass buff and debuff. Armor is looked down on by a lot of the community but it's seen a long series of subtle buffs and there are lots of ways to get HP back now, most notably by putting Life Strike on any melee weapon you want. Her 1 is also great fun and extremely useful.

Volt. Volt is easy to level because of his 1 and 4, and his 2 and 3 are some of the best scaling powers. Learn to use his barrier as more than just a DPS boost. Put one down and put your back to it so you're not being shot from all directions. Put one down somewhere that you want someone ELSE to cover and watch them go use it for DPS while you cover another direction.

Frost. People freak out and call him useless because he was nerfed really hard, but read his Snowglobe fresh as if you'd never heard of it before. It's a great skill that requires no mods if you time it's deployment rather than throwing it up in advance as most of the community continues to do. He's also been put forward as a tank/mage hybrid. If you read Frost rework threads people always want to give him free damage or CC or utility, but that would just make him an unfairly tanky mage. If and when they come back to Frost's powers I think people will be pleasantly surprised.

Loki. Invisibility and Radial Disarm builds are both SUPER OVERPOWERED right now, but it's only a matter of time before both of those take nerf bats to the chin, so I put him low on the list.

Edited by VKhaun

I find Loki/prime with a radial disarm build very effective. I wouldn't call it a 'catch all' frame like Rhino, but it can hold its own in every mission type regardless of enemy level.

I'm finding this to be more and more the case.

Like you, OP, I have most of the frames and tend to jump between them a fair bit. I tend to run Hydroid a lot as he's great for crowd control, fairly hardy, can turn into a puddle if you get into trouble (no joke, it's actually a great last-second defensive move), and I just really like the design/theme.

OK so I've played the game enough to collect every Warframe and max them. Which has left me in a predicament, I find myself swapping warframes each match. I main Excalibur most of the time but I can be pretty indecisive. I have my pros and con's to each frame but I'm disregarding that at the moment.

So I'm asking what Warframe would you guys recommend is best all around? I really would like to spend some time and grow to love a certain frame other than Excalibur, but I'm hoping the community can help give me some ideas on what frame to invest more love and time in.

Thanks in advance!

There really isn't a frame that best all around, no mater what people tell you.

If you do lots of low-mid level corpus runs, volt will out preform anything, if you want to solo, loki is hard to beat, if you're into defense then vauban, if you're into survival nekros has some nice tricks.

Honestly, if you're looking for an all around frame that you can take anywhere.... maybe Oberon? He's got a heal, and buff/debuff and two damage abilitys that double as CC.

Definitely see quite a few names appear in almost each reply, Loki and Volt happen to be two of them.

I personally use Loki as my go to for T4 missions with balanced mod build for invisibility duration and radial disarm range. My aura is corrosive projection because I find that helps way more than energy siphon when you cross the 30min mark. Love my Loki Prime and how versatile he can be.

Now my Volt was a frame I picked up roughly after Valkyr because I saw EVERYONE using him. And it stands to show, Volt is an extremely well balanced Warframe. That's what I really liked about him to begin with. My build allows me to have electric shield up for a minute+ so I can cast multiple around a terminal in Mobile Defense. Not a great way to use the skill but it saves me some worry.

As for Oberon, I never really got the feel for Oberon (but I'll put some effort in with him when 14.5 hits on the 23rd) I like the concept of his abilities but that's about as far as it goes. I hope this buff helps out Oberon a lot.

Now one thing I do one to mention is, I just got done maxing Trinity, and also learn about the Quick Thinking/Rage combo so I've been using that on her and spamming energy vampire when possible (and link of course) is this a good mod combo for Trinity? And I have heard about some of the needs she got in 14.5 so can someone remind me what they were and if I should still use Trinity after 14.5?