Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes And Their Primes: A Question, A Suggestion.

LoopStricken

Full disclosure - Ember is one of my favourite frames, and originally this thread was just going to ask about being able to use non-prime skins on the prime version when those skins are different, golden bits notwithstanding.

So, here's my Ember:

Ej8ZNql.png

Using the exact same colour scheme, Ember Prime. Different skin, different patterning, :

XMdj7Nm.png

I can alter it to look closer, but...

eySO2zW.png

===

So basically, switching from my Ember to Ember Prime, with attachments:

U2gTZB5.pngLFjv3wQ.png

I can't say that I dislike the end Prime result, but it's just not the same. Ember's one of my favourite frames because of her chunky thighguard things, and to switch them out for ones so spindly, golden or not... it irks me.

Now, I know DE's stance on reskinning Prime items is basically "No, they're different, deal  with it", and I can understand that.
At the same time, I believe more options are always a good thing.

So the question: Could Prime items be reskinned to look like their non-Prime version?

My suggestion: Yes, if you own both of them.

... failing that, let me use Ember's chunky thighguards on the Prime version and I'll be as happy as a pig in muck.

Edited by LoopStricken

Props to you for working so hard on this post. I see what you are saying. Ember has an awesome booty. But honestly I think the opposite, that prime versions should look even more different from the normal versions than they already do. So nice try, but I doubt enough people feel the same way you do for any changes to occur.

I don't know where did you get this info, but is wrong, at leas for Excal and Frost, not compeltely sure about Mag.

Oh right, Excal Prime was different. I'll check Frost.

Admittedly, I just thought of Mag when I typed that.

Edit: Yup, Frost is different too. To be fair, this just adds weight to my suggestion.

Edited by LoopStricken

I'll take a No. Why would you go prime just to look non-prime? If you like the normal version so much then just stick with it. Ember P doesn't offer any boost in stats anyway

Future frames do offer benefits. Older Primes may be retrofitted to have something special.

Also, because I prefer the armour (which isn't actually classified as armour) on the original Ember, and like I said, I think more options are a good thing.

Edited by LoopStricken

I'll take a No. Why would you go prime just to look non-prime? If you like the normal version so much then just stick with it. Ember P doesn't offer any boost in stats anyway

for the SWAG

... failing that, let me use Ember's chunky thighguards on the Prime version and I'll be as happy as a pig in muck.

and i thought her hook was that azz... you see some pretty special fetishes around here

We cannot be sure of the first, nor the second.

*Sigh*

Prime frames that have been released since Ember Prime, then. Rhino was faster, Loki had more energy.

and i thought her hook was that azz... you see some pretty special fetishes around here

Nah man, Valkyr's got the buttocks and spine to die for.