Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder Weapons - A Plan To Make Them Viable.

LoopStricken

*Note - Not sure if right section, but since it's not technically about the weapons' functionality, I figured Art might be more applicable*

So, the Founder weapons (Skana Prime and Lato Prime) are poo. This is pretty much an undeniable fact. They also represent a sizeable amount of investment in Warframe, and if you own these weapons, you should feel proud, or maybe a little bit guilty, of all the cash you put down for this game so early in its life.

...but nobody ever uses them, because they're massively overpowered by other weapons.

My suggestion - Make the Founder weapons akin to skin/model replacements for that weapon class.

Now, the Founders can take their weak Skana Prime, slap the skin on the awesome Dakra Prime, and slice up fools left right and centre.

Lato Prime, single pistol. Underpowered. Unused. Reskin a Marelok or Brakk. Feel good.

Note: keep them as actual items but let them be used as skin replacements too, because I forgot about Mastery points.

Edited by LoopStricken

the word you were looking for was underpowered

also where would the mastery go for those that leveled them?

I meant overpowered, but I meant to say "overpowered by other weapons".

And I would say, keep them as actual items but let them be used as skin replacements too. Let me just edit that in.

youre talking backwards bro

...but nobody ever uses them, because they're massively overpowered.

...Or just buff them to make viable?

you missed the point sasquatch back at you 

You didn't even bother to read it.

think the poster if really confused... or drunk, however there are 2 sides to buffing exclusives, first the jealousy that will inspire, and second that "that" would make them more desirable which makes keeping them exclusive a hard to keep deal for the company, i however don't have one and will never get one, so i wouldn't mind if they get something more "pretty" even when a few formas would fix the weapon anyway.

think the poster if really confused... or drunk, however there are 2 sides to buffing exclusives, first the jealousy that will inspire, and second that "that" would make them more desirable which makes keeping them exclusive a hard to keep deal for the company, i however don't have one and will never get one, so i wouldn't mind if they get something more "pretty" even when a few formas would fix the weapon anyway.

I just mis-spoke. And fixed it.

I'm not even suggesting buffing the exclusives, just making these expensive items usable as cosmetic skins for other, better weapons.

I just mis-spoke. And fixed it.

I'm not even suggesting buffing the exclusives, just making these expensive items usable as cosmetic skins for other, better weapons.

while i've always believed that a cosmetic would had been better choice for the effect it gave, remember the skins are weapon/frame tied they would either need to reskin all frames/weapons or hold an election for the replacement and think of what to do with current, which is too much work for the benefit

youre talking backwards bro

you missed the point sasquatch back at you 

I got what he wanted to do, and put in my two cents on the matter, which was to just buff them to be better instead of going through the hassle of making them skins.

while i've always believed that a cosmetic would had been better choice for the effect it gave, remember the skins are weapon/frame tied they would either need to reskin all frames/weapons or hold an election for the replacement and think of what to do with current, which is too much work for the benefit

No no, simply give all Founders of the appropriate levels a cosmetic that can be used for every weapon of that particular class, aka longswords and single pistols.

It'd just be a more wide-ranging version of the candy cane skin/model that scythes got.

people use the weapons they LIKE, not the weapons that are stronger than others, when will all of you OP lovers learn that? :/

I'm suggesting that Founders get to use their exclusive items as skins over appropriate and more-useful weapons of the same type, not that... Actually, I'm not even all that certain what you ARE saying.

I got what he wanted to do, and put in my two cents on the matter, which was to just buff them to be better instead of going through the hassle of making them skins.

yeah but that a little unrealistic considering the effort of making all the skins, for a group that did trust the game from the get go, but will not grow larger nor increase the profit they generate

yeah but that a little unrealistic considering the effort of making all the skins, for a group that did trust the game from the get go, but will not grow larger nor increase the profit they generate

Well said, also this is Highly unlikely DE would do that

Edited by Aeon66

No no, simply give all Founders of the appropriate levels a cosmetic that can be used for every weapon of that particular class, aka longswords and single pistols.

It'd just be a more wide-ranging version of the candy cane skin/model that scythes got.

you mean a single "full model replacer" that replaces any gun? ...

would kinda look awkward with some guns (stug and ballista come to mind) but would depend on how the engine manage replacers, you sure the candy cane is not a skin duped for every weapon that can use it?

Well said, also this is Highly unlikely DE would do that

Why would it be unlikely or something for DE to buff the Skana Prime and Lato Prime? It feels like it'd be a lot easier than making them skins for every gun or sword.

Why would it be unlikely or something for DE to buff the Skana Prime and Lato Prime? It feels like it'd be a lot easier than making them skins for every gun or sword.

what i said is that it is higly unlikely that DE would skins of them to use on other weapons Edited by Aeon66

*Note - Not sure if right section, but since it's not technically about the weapons' functionality, I figured Art might be more applicable*

So, the Founder weapons (Skana Prime and Lato Prime) are poo. This is pretty much an undeniable fact. They also represent a sizeable amount of investment in Warframe, and if you own these weapons, you should feel proud, or maybe a little bit guilty, of all the cash you put down for this game so early in its life.

...but nobody ever uses them, because they're massively overpowered by other weapons.

My suggestion - Make the Founder weapons akin to skin/model replacements for that weapon class.

Now, the Founders can take their weak Skana Prime, slap the skin on the awesome Dakra Prime, and slice up fools left right and centre.

Lato Prime, single pistol. Underpowered. Unused. Reskin a Marelok or Brakk. Feel good.

Note: keep them as actual items but let them be used as skin replacements too, because I forgot about Mastery points.

well then i want to slap my wraith/vandel skins on all my other weapons too... and my prime skins on non prime weapons...

no.

they are what they are, you cant expect a lato prime to be in line with sicarus prime, you have your stupid exclusive, unless you want to start a petition to make founder items available, just enjoy your exclusive items.

well said